Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Tciso »

rats19 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:50 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:48 pm If they are only slightly better, Boeser scores and they beat Vegas.
Western finals sound good.
Jake will get us there... :wink:
He bought season tickets with his new contract? lol
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Tciso wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:54 pm
rats19 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:50 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:48 pm If they are only slightly better, Boeser scores and they beat Vegas.
Western finals sound good.
Jake will get us there... :wink:
He bought season tickets with his new contract? lol
One way or .... t’other
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:48 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:46 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:51 am Stecher
Doc, what's with the Micky-like obsession with that poor dog? (Sorry Micky, I wanted an analogy Doc would understand. :D )
The dog represents Doyle + Micky's Stecher-loving hearts.

The boot being put to said hearts is mine (I willed Stecher the fuck outta here).

I feel Doyle + Micky's Stecher-loving hearts need to have the boots put to them.

(as punishment for loving a player who sucked so bad)

It is also a reminder that I called the runt-punt and said I was looking forward to it.

As usual, I do what I do for the good of the two posters and that of the site...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Ya well Jordie be too fat to punt.. :lol:

kidding
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

What myself and many others have noted is the gy-humous fucking steps Juolevi has taken in his development and it will be the big surprise next training camp.

I say this as a known and celebrated finnish pipe-cleaner critic going back almost to draft day.

I see what i see and what i see is a player....all of a sudden. That and a bunch of empty dope jars all over my desk
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:36 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:51 am Jake Virtanen talks for almost 20 minutes on Sportsnet radio and didn't even mention this:
Jeff Paterson @patersonjeff
Tyler Myers is apparently taking on the Tanev 'dad' role. Virtanen works out with him every morning in Kelowna: 'he treats me like his son'
11:28 AM · Oct 22, 2020
Talked plenty on how much JT miller had been helping him this season.

contract structure..
2020-21: $1.7M
2021-22: $3.4M
This is really a shit or get off the pot contract. RFA with a $3.4 mil cap hit means a big qualifying offer, , or he goes unqualified. But, he is very affordable this year. And, the best part is we can fit him into the cap with a bit of monkeying around - without- having to dump a contract and assets.
Don't forget that they changed to QO amount in the latest CBA (grandfathered).

https://twitter.com/ThomasDrance/status ... 92/photo/1

This means Jake's QO will be around $3M.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:11 pm Ya well Jordie be too fat to punt.. :lol:

kidding
Nobody loves Jordie...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Tyler Myers is apparently taking on the Tanev 'dad' role. Virtanen works out with him every morning in Kelowna: 'he treats me like his son'
So Jake is finding mowing Tyler’s lawn and washing Tyler’s truck to be a workout?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:11 am I mean, why work out and stay in shape when you can party at The Shaggy Horse and eat gut bombs at McDonald’s the next day.
Lol. I like how you must stalk Virtanen to know what he eats.

You serve him while you were working that day?

Your making shit up like the Chef.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:23 pm What myself and many others have noted is the gy-humous fucking steps Juolevi has taken in his development and it will be the big surprise next training camp.

I say this as a known and celebrated finnish pipe-cleaner critic going back almost to draft day.

I see what i see and what i see is a player....all of a sudden. That and a bunch of empty dope jars all over my desk
:lol: thanks for the laugh.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Micky wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:32 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:59 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:52 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:20 am Let’s be clear - Virtanen enjoys fighting as much as Trevor Linden did. Not gonna happen
Pretty much. That’s why I laugh at the constant Cam Neely comparisons. Hell I’d settle for Virtanen becoming another Dustin Brown which with his physical gifts shouldn’t be that much to ask. The problem is Jake just doesn’t give a fuck. He parties like a rock star, and eats like a fucking pig. People blaming his lack of production or not getting enough opportunity on Travis Green are out to lunch.
Well , when you’re out partying at a packed downtown Vancouver nightclub on the eve of entering a quarantined bubble with fellow NHL’ers that kind of gives us an insight on the man, the myth, the legend that Jake is becoming. Rocks between his ears. Apparently the NHL brethren were non too happy with Jake. He’s a fucking idiot plain and simple. If we can add him as the sweetener to get rid of Loui please fucking do it!
JV just isn't worth having on the team. Not even for one year. There is no more "show me". He already has!
Done with Jake.
Looks like professional hockey people think that his 18 goals last season are worth about 4.5 million over 2 years.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:52 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:11 am I mean, why work out and stay in shape when you can party at The Shaggy Horse and eat gut bombs at McDonald’s the next day.

Cool story. Now stay in your own lane and go back to beating on Gomer
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

ESQ wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:39 am
rats19 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 10:28 am Good.... top lines top minutes... 25 g 25 a
If he hits that, at his cap hit, he'd be flippable for a good prospect or a 1st next off-season
.. if he hits that, WHY WOULD YOU FLIP HIM??
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Tciso wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:36 pm
Micky wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:51 am Jake Virtanen talks for almost 20 minutes on Sportsnet radio and didn't even mention this:
11:28 AM · Oct 22, 2020
Talked plenty on how much JT miller had been helping him this season.

contract structure..
2020-21: $1.7M
2021-22: $3.4M
This is really a shit or get off the pot contract. RFA with a $3.4 mil cap hit means a big qualifying offer, , or he goes unqualified. But, he is very affordable this year. And, the best part is we can fit him into the cap with a bit of monkeying around - without- having to dump a contract and assets.

Benning is likely not done, but if he is, the team is in fair shape, and we know the rookies will get a pile of games in. With such a messed up potential year coming up, I am hoping JB stands pat, and plays the pss out of some rookies. He can now wait until things go back to normal, instead of being a seller.

That qualifying offer is what makes him unattractive to expansion. Why spend that kind of money on a QO (if Jake doesn’t perform to contract) when you can get an ‘exactly what you pay for’ in a guy like Rooster instead?
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:56 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 2:52 pm

Cool story. Now stay in your own lane and go back to beating on Gomer
Lol