LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:48 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:04 pm Good to see Pauser back, he's an institution there. After some soul searching they came to grips with the fact that they are what they are (Thanks Bert) and have finally embraced their identity.

They'll go all in hard neg, impervious to on ice reality as the Canucks rise on the backs of their young superstar duo. ;)
Their identity: "We hate the Canucks' GM and by extension his team. And every day we prove mathematically how horrible our team is."

:crazy:

Well 'as long as they're happy' one supposes....
A guy was talking about attending a game there last year and some asked him "which team did you root for?"

You see the problem with that 'tanking' line of thinking :D
I've seen this before... with the Leaves.

A coupla (few?) decades ago many Leafers got so frustrated with the team that they turned into permanent anti-leafers.

They turned from Leaves-lovers into Leaves-haters. PERMANENTLY.

A few of them are here on this site.

You'll find them constantly bashing the Leaves in the Leaves thread.

So If I'm running a Canucks site and I see the same thing happening

... well I'd be punting them left, right, and centre.

They've lost the plot of being a fan, and I'd be doing both them and Canuckdom a favour.

They've become jaded, it's time for them to move on and hopefully rediscover what being a fan is all about.

They're tumors and need to be cut out.

"But I've been a Canuck fan for 30 years and only bitch constantly because I care about the team"

BOOT
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:17 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:05 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:48 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:04 pm Good to see Pauser back, he's an institution there. After some soul searching they came to grips with the fact that they are what they are (Thanks Bert) and have finally embraced their identity.

They'll go all in hard neg, impervious to on ice reality as the Canucks rise on the backs of their young superstar duo. ;)
Their identity: "We hate the Canucks' GM and by extension his team. And every day we prove mathematically how horrible our team is."

:crazy:

Well 'as long as they're happy' one supposes....
A guy was talking about attending a game there last year and some asked him "which team did you root for?"

You see the problem with that 'tanking' line of thinking :D
I've seen this before... with the Leaves.

A coupla (few?) decades ago many Leafers got so frustrated with the team that they turned into permanent anti-leafers.

They turned from Leaves-lovers into Leaves-haters. PERMANENTLY.

A few of them are here on this site.

You'll find them constantly bashing the Leaves in the Leaves thread.

So If I'm running a Canucks site and I see the same thing happening

... well I'd be punting them left, right, and centre.

They've lost the plot of being a fan, and I'd be doing both them and Canuckdom a favour.

They've become jaded, it's time for them to move on and hopefully rediscover what being a fan is all about.

They're tumors and need to be cut out.

"But I've been a Canuck fan for 30 years and only bitch constantly because I care about the team"

BOOT
Yes, and this should have occurred to them quite a few years ago. Now, as the Arizona boss says, it's deep set board rot that takes years to go away. The mods tried to turn it around last season when it became clear the team had turned the corner but it can't be done without a major bloodletting now. They're just going to have to live with being the outlet for all the negativity in the market.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

“Here’s the tell” regarding Chili Dawg - Bleach Clean, [mod edit] But more importantly he basis his arguments on assumptions like they are the cold hard facts. Bleach Clean - he eats, sleeps, dreams, lives every sleeping and waking moment all things Benning. His obsession is pure white noise as it is an obsession and nothing near legitimate.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:34 am “Here’s the tell” regarding Chili Dawg - Bleach Clean, [mod edit] But more importantly he basis his arguments on assumptions like they are the cold hard facts. Bleach Clean - he eats, sleeps, dreams, lives every sleeping and waking moment all things Benning. His obsession is pure white noise as it is an obsession and nothing near legitimate.
Mod edit?

You say something mean Bumpty? :scowl:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:44 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:34 am “Here’s the tell” regarding Chili Dawg - Bleach Clean, [mod edit] But more importantly he basis his arguments on assumptions like they are the cold hard facts. Bleach Clean - he eats, sleeps, dreams, lives every sleeping and waking moment all things Benning. His obsession is pure white noise as it is an obsession and nothing near legitimate.
Mod edit?

You say something mean Bumpty? :scowl:
It must have been short. I think maybe Chef put that there himself.
"evolution"
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Maybe I should start throwing more [mod edit]s into posts just to keep people on their toes and wondering what was said.

(in this case, just a reminder that personal insults, rumours and innuendo for people not on the board aren't allowed)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:34 am Maybe I should start throwing more [mod edit]s into posts just to keep people on their toes and wondering what was said.

(in this case, just a reminder that personal insults, rumours and innuendo for people not on the board aren't allowed)
Thats, like, 99% of our content though

Alright wheres Aaron :)
Last edited by Cousin Strawberry on Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cornuck107 laying down the law :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 am Cornuck107 laying down the law :mex:
Fuck off, Blobby - you fuckin' [mod edit]
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:41 am Cornuck107 laying down the law :mex:
Corny107 opening up a fresh can of potted meat on our ass
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Here ya go, Wiz - after your next bowl, have a nice snack.

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:44 am Here ya go, Wiz - after your next bowl, have a nice snack.

Mmmmmmmmmm...

Gomer107 gave you the keys to his potted meat safe i see...thats what best friends are for
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:47 am Gomer107 gave you the keys to his potted meat safe i see...thats what best friends are for
It was payment for making him a mod.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:54 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:47 am Gomer107 gave you the keys to his potted meat safe i see...thats what best friends are for
:lol:

...demote Doc and replace with Mickster...that would be funny as fuck
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:58 am
Cornuck wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:54 am
:lol:

...demote Doc and replace with Mickster...that would be funny as fuck
True - we can only have one unstable mod at a time. :D