Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:43 am Hargraves has big balls
Hargraves are you using your sausage for scale? If so everything may appear large
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Everyone has to create rumors. Travis Hamonic, Sami Vatanen, and that probably wont be the end of it. Even if we get a 100% confirmation on LTIR for Ferland, why go and do this. Rather go with our own pool. Perfect opportunity for it. Oh, well if Someone wants to play a year for a million or less just to play for a season, (small season), well I guess you think about it. But no-spendie-big-buckies for a hybrid season.

But: I'm assuming things could get real interesting on April 12's trade deadline.
"evolution"
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

I would bring in 1 of those two D man on a very team friendly contract, say 1.5 mil. Something like that. I think we are thin on D and injuries will come so depth would be good.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

theman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:57 am I would bring in 1 of those two D man on a very team friendly contract, say 1.5 mil. Something like that. I think we are thin on D and injuries will come so depth would be good.
It would have to be a very small number like $1.5 mil max and with a very short term 1-2 years and with no built in clauses.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

theman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:57 am I would bring in 1 of those two D man on a very team friendly contract, say 1.5 mil. Something like that. I think we are thin on D and injuries will come so depth would be good.
^the man nails it. Even with a vet being added we will see plenty of any and all of Rafferty/Juolevi/Rathbone.

We are at least one asset short
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:10 am
It would have to be a very small number like $1.5 mil max and with a very short term 1-2 years and with no built in clauses.
I would do 1.5 for 1 year. Those guys have to be getting desperate to sign somewhere.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

If we could get a vet for 1.5 or less for 2 years, I would go for that.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:22 am If we could get a vet for 1.5 or less for 2 years, I would go for that.
I would be fine with that too, TBH. No trade protection of course.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Micky wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:50 am Everyone has to create rumors. Travis Hamonic, Sami Vatanen, and that probably wont be the end of it. Even if we get a 100% confirmation on LTIR for Ferland, why go and do this. Rather go with our own pool. Perfect opportunity for it. Oh, well if Someone wants to play a year for a million or less just to play for a season, (small season), well I guess you think about it. But no-spendie-big-buckies for a hybrid season.

But: I'm assuming things could get real interesting on April 12's trade deadline.
I'd prefer they start the season with the prospects, see what they have. If things are untenable by the TDD grab a vet then and move on from the pretenders.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

theman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:37 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:22 am If we could get a vet for 1.5 or less for 2 years, I would go for that.
I would be fine with that too, TBH. No trade protection of course.
Yeah. Grab a decent #6 for 2 years, so we can re-direct edler's $6 to Hughes next year, and hold on til the 4 horsemen of the capopalypse's contracts expire.

But if is just for 1 year, meh. Let's ride the youth, and bargain hunt in April, if needed.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Yup, ride the prospects on D to start the season. Rafferty, Juolevi, Chatfield, Sautner, and Brisebois have had enough time developing. It’s time they get a run of games to see if they can be replacements for Edler and Benn next season. The trade deadline will approach fast this season and would be the appropriate time to add a depth defencemen from teams falling out of contention if one is needed after the prospects have played enough to be adequately assessed.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:19 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:43 am Hargraves has big balls
Hargraves are you using your sausage for scale? If so everything may appear large
Somebody call an ambulance and get blob to the burn ward
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Count me Inas one who just wants to run with what we have. Exception of course is if we get a vet Dman cheap on a one year deal. I mean 1 million or less. Strictly for depth and experience. Other than that I want Benning to sit tight and wait for the TD to see where we are in the standings and if inexpensive help can be had, or conversely, if we can unload a player or two on expiring contracts. I'd be all for dumping Sutter, Pearson, Benn, and even Beagle if we could, just for a pick! If we can unload Louie all the better. Maybe Sven could get us a 4th round pick.

Time to accelerate the clear out if he can. Sure I'd love the Cup and even a deep run but I want him to clean up the mess as soon as he can. We should have money in the offseason and after the ED to look at reasonable FA as well as get Trymankin back int he fold.

Lets see what we have in the young D and in the young forwards who are chomping at the bit. With the ability to carry extra players we need to rotate them into the line up as we can both to see what we have but because of the compressed schedule.

Soon!!!! Rats you ready?
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Widow....... I have never been more ready :!: :!: :!:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canu ... G-YQ9qhY-8

Sounds like Ferkland is out, time to get Hamonic. :P