2020 NHL Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2020 NHL Draft

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:53 pm Tim Stuetzle over Byfield? :o
He’s rising SKYO. He’s very good. Some say he is the German Patrick Kane. Some worry that Byfield is the next Hugh Jessiman in the making. I didn’t coin this comparison, I’ve read it a few times
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:00 pm
He’s rising SKYO. He’s very good. Some say he is the German Patrick Kane. Some worry that Byfield is the next Hugh Jessiman in the making. I didn’t coin this comparison, I’ve read it a few times
Your post on the morning of June 23, 2017 is almost as hilarious as your post on the 17th six days earlier. A fan of Pettersson my ass. Biggest flip flopper evah... maybe go edit that shit Boss :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen 12 Step, I was merely responding to SKYO regarding Stutzle surpassing Byfield. I will not involve myself in your tangent.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:30 pm Listen 12 Step, I was merely responding to SKYO regarding Stutzle surpassing Byfield. I will not involve myself in your tangent.
But only I wanted Glass and Vilardi. You had BOTH ahead of Petterson within 8 hours of the draft
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:35 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:30 pm Listen 12 Step, I was merely responding to SKYO regarding Stutzle surpassing Byfield. I will not involve myself in your tangent.
But only I wanted Glass and Vilardi. You had BOTH ahead of Petterson within 8 hours of the draft
Listen Booze, let’s stay focussed on discussing 2020 draft prospects. Is Byfield the next Jessiman?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:38 pm
Listen Booze, let’s stay focussed on discussing 2020 draft prospects. Is Byfield the next Jessiman?
I can see why you’d want to change the subject
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:38 pm
The kid is a giant and I have seen him make some brilliant plays. Reminds me a little of Joe Thornton in the limited viewing I have had so far. Didn't really watch prospects much this year with the Canucks and/or Comets on tap almost every night...
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:47 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:56 pm
Micky wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:38 pm Bob McKenzie's Final Ranking: Lafreniere the surest thing in most uncertain draft year

https://www.tsn.ca/alexis-lafreniere-to ... -1.1488269

1. Alexis Lafreniere
2. Tim Stuetzle
3. Quinton Byfield
4. Jamie Drysdale
5. Cole Perfetti
————-
6. Lucas Raymond
7. Marco Rossi
8. Jake Sanderson
9. Alexander Holtz
10. Jack Quinn

etc..
No Mike Benning in the top three rounds of Bob's consensus list I see.

Promising news :)
Don’t forget we got JT Miller with the 2020 1st round pick. All is well.
For sure. We won that trade big time, I'm still looking at that third round slot though, old habits die hard :wink:
el rey del mambo
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Probably Kings and Ducks planting smokescreens out there aha.

They probably want the next Kopitar or Getzlaf beast center in Byfield.

Sens got a two chances here at #1, #2, #3 picks thanks to the Erik Karlsson trade getting the Sharks 1st and SJ placed last this season in the West.

What a nice haul they got for EK.
(The Ottawa Senators receive the San Jose Sharks 2020 1st round pick (from 1st overall to 6th overall - waits for draft lotto), 2021 2nd round pick, 2019 2nd round pick (# 44 - Jamieson Rees), Dylan DeMelo, Chris Tierney, Rudolfs Balcers and Joshua Norris for Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron.)
Shit imagine they win both #1 and #2? lol
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:03 pm
Probably Kings and Ducks planting smokescreens out there aha.

They probably want the next Kopitar or Getzlaf beast center in Byfield.

Sens got a two chances here at #1, #2, #3 picks thanks to the Erik Karlsson trade getting the Sharks 1st and SJ placed last this season in the West.

What a nice haul they got for EK.
(The Ottawa Senators receive the San Jose Sharks 2020 1st round pick (from 1st overall to 6th overall - waits for draft lotto), 2021 2nd round pick, 2019 2nd round pick (# 44 - Jamieson Rees), Dylan DeMelo, Chris Tierney, Rudolfs Balcers and Joshua Norris for Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron.)
Shit imagine they win both #1 and #2? lol
Yeah no

Bob McKenzies pre-draft lists are probably the most legit lists by any of the media scribes. Bob is in tight with the NHL amateur scouting fraternity. His lists are the result of polling his scouting network unlike other lists like Buttons who are his own.

Also Stutzle has been wow’ing the scouts for awhile now, this isn’t something new. Blobbee seems to think I like to pick on Byfield but Byfield hasn’t been impressing as much as he should be. He was a no show at the WJC’s and other tourneys since while Stutzle has been lights out in the same tourneys
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ICYMI Bob McKenzie explains the draft lotto:
NHL Draft Lottery will be on Friday June 26.

The Nos. 1, 2 and 3 picks will be up for grabs.

Fifteen teams — the seven who are no longer playing plus 8 more currently identified as Teams A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H — will be in the lottery.

Same lottery odds as prior years.

Teams A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H will be the eight losing teams from the best-of-five play-in or qualifying round but assigning actual teams to the letters will come in a Phase 2 lottery, to be conducted after the qualifying round but before the playoffs.
But wait there's more!
If the winner of the No. 1 pick draw comes from the bottom 7 seven teams (DET, OTT, SJ (belongs to OTT), LA, ANA, NJ, BUF), that team is awarded No. 1. If the winner of the No. 1 pick draw comes from the other 8 teams, the No. 1 pick will be awarded in the Phase 2 lottery.

If the winner of the No. 2 pick draw comes from the bottom 7 seven teams (DET, OTT, SJ (belongs to OTT), LA, ANA, NJ, BUF), that team is awarded No. 2. If the winner of the No. 2 pick draw comes from the other 8 teams, the No. 2 pick will be awarded in the Phase 2 lottery.

If the winner of the No. 3 pick draw comes from the bottom 7 seven teams (DET, OTT, SJ (belongs to OTT), LA, ANA, NJ, BUF), that team is awarded No. 3. If the winner of the No. 3 pick draw comes from the other 8 teams, the No. 3 pick will be awarded in the Phase 2 lottery.

Once the top three picks have been awarded in Phase 1 or Phase 2, the remaining 12 spots will be assigned to the teams that didn’t win a draw and based on inverse order of their regular season points percentage at the time of the pause.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I don’t know about you SKYO but I’m picking them German Patrick Kane - Stutzle 2nd overall. The Hugh Jessiman comparisons to Byfield’s potential to busting is concerning to say the least
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Who made comparisons to Hugh Jessiman other than yourself? Pretty weak comparable imho. One guy was an aggressive ham handed winger who was picked way too high and was 19 when he got drafted to boot. The other guy is a big skilled centre who has been ranked top 3 in his draft for two years and is one of the youngest players in the draft. He was near the top of the scoring race in the OHL.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:37 am Who made comparisons to Hugh Jessiman other than yourself? Pretty weak comparable imho. One guy was an aggressive ham handed winger who was picked way too high and was 19 when he got drafted to boot. The other guy is a big skilled centre who has been ranked top 3 in his draft for two years and is one of the youngest players in the draft. He was near the top of the scoring race in the OHL.
I actually read it somewhere, :lol:

Just rampin’ you up, McKoozlez
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:14 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:37 am Who made comparisons to Hugh Jessiman other than yourself? Pretty weak comparable imho. One guy was an aggressive ham handed winger who was picked way too high and was 19 when he got drafted to boot. The other guy is a big skilled centre who has been ranked top 3 in his draft for two years and is one of the youngest players in the draft. He was near the top of the scoring race in the OHL.
I actually read it somewhere, :lol:

Just rampin’ you up, McKoozlez
I could give 2 shits. I just thought it was a poor comparison.