LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: LOL

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:51 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 8:28 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:25 pm
SniperHF wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:25 pm driving away normal fans
Sniper is calling MS and the gang abnormal.

Abnormal = Mentally ill

THINK ABOUT IT
You know, he wasn't really exaggerating. The main reason I actually came over here was for my mental health. There's a fog of depression that hangs heavy over that board that with repeated, daily exposure can get a man down in the dumps in the dead of the dreary, overcast Vancouver winter. It's nothing against the fellas over there, there are some fine individuals. But the cumulative effect of the constant negative drumbeat can be a mite demoralizing with regular exposure. What with people talking openly about suicide and the team on the rise without any corresponding shift in attitude there I guess one night I went looking for another forum without really even being conscious of what I was doing.

That was my survival mechanism kicking into gear I suppose. :)
You fit in fine here. Glad to have you aboard. :mex:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:36 pm You fit in fine here. Glad to have you aboard. :mex:
Ditto.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Thanks you guys.
el rey del mambo
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:07 pm Thanks you guys.
We won that one... :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:50 pm
And he gives Micky a legit run for his money for most posts per day.....never thought we'd see that!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Mëds wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:09 am
And he gives Micky a legit run for his money for most posts per day.....never thought we'd see that!
Lol
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

I know, I can't believe all the posts I'm piling up over here. Almost 600 already, I'm like a damned machine...
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:48 pm
I know, I can't believe all the posts I'm piling up over here. Almost 600 already, I'm like a damned machine...
My padawan mod-in-training (Blob) has been deleting old Micky posts in an effort to help you catch him. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Are you a bot?

Or a Doc Sock?
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

You know, he wasn't really exaggerating. The main reason I actually came over here was for my mental health. There's a fog of depression that hangs heavy over that board that with repeated, daily exposure can get a man down in the dumps in the dead of the dreary, overcast Vancouver winter. It's nothing against the fellas over there, there are some fine individuals. But the cumulative effect of the constant negative drumbeat can be a mite demoralizing with regular exposure. What with people talking openly about suicide and the team on the rise without any corresponding shift in attitude there I guess one night I went looking for another forum without really even being conscious of what I was doing.

That's what I just don't get - I'm all about being a passionate Canucks fan, but at the end of the day I'm passionate because its entertaining. Passion makes the highs of this team that much more exciting - I was in the barn for 2011 game 7 vs Chicago, and the pure joy of that moment was once-in-a-lifetime (until the win the Cup).

Obviously, the team hasn't been as good, which is a downer on its own. Why cheer against the team, cheering for losses, when the product is already not as entertaining?

These people have become so invested in their opinion that they are smarter than Jim Benning that they don't care at all about enjoying watching hockey anymore. They want to be right that they are smarter and know more about hockey than an NHL GM.

Now they're in so deep that they've inverted - rather than enjoying the entertainment value of a good team on the rise playing competitive hockey, they derive pain from what should be enjoyment, because it moves them further from their opinion that they are smarter than Benning.

And it takes away from their bizarre sense of power that they can get Benning fired through sending mean tweets.

I can't imagine the deranged, depressed fanbase will ever go away entirely, but they may as well stay in HFBoards. If we could just get them off Twitter and maybe off 1040, the city would be a much happier place.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/171904991/

“Hellhole”... ? My what an angry little fella. :lol: That place is truly the gift that keeps on giving. When tards like Mathownwy are part of your posse it explains a lot. Honestly this thread is approaching the original “Meanwhile over in Bountiful” thread that enraged D’Arcy McGrath. Twas a great thread that went on for years until Ol Bent Fingers lost his shit.

I hear the mods on the pee pee pants board hate this thread with a passion. Well, they have allowed that shithole to become a haven for neckbeards and have basically been a big part of driving that board into the ground.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:36 am
Are you a bot?

Or a Doc Sock?
I'm not really sure what a Doc Sock is but it doesn't sound like me.

Perhaps a really, really high end bot? I'm talking next generation ;)
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

ESQ wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:05 am

That's what I just don't get - I'm all about being a passionate Canucks fan, but at the end of the day I'm passionate because its entertaining. Passion makes the highs of this team that much more exciting - I was in the barn for 2011 game 7 vs Chicago, and the pure joy of that moment was once-in-a-lifetime (until the win the Cup).

Obviously, the team hasn't been as good, which is a downer on its own. Why cheer against the team, cheering for losses, when the product is already not as entertaining?

These people have become so invested in their opinion that they are smarter than Jim Benning that they don't care at all about enjoying watching hockey anymore. They want to be right that they are smarter and know more about hockey than an NHL GM.

Now they're in so deep that they've inverted - rather than enjoying the entertainment value of a good team on the rise playing competitive hockey, they derive pain from what should be enjoyment, because it moves them further from their opinion that they are smarter than Benning.

And it takes away from their bizarre sense of power that they can get Benning fired through sending mean tweets.

I can't imagine the deranged, depressed fanbase will ever go away entirely, but they may as well stay in HFBoards. If we could just get them off Twitter and maybe off 1040, the city would be a much happier place.
They've always been with us and they always will be. They're the descendants of the ones that used to single out a player and boo him every time he handled the puck. It's part of the local culture sadly, as much so as rioting win or lose.
el rey del mambo
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:40 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:36 am
Are you a bot?

Or a Doc Sock?
I'm not really sure what a Doc Sock is but it doesn't sound like me.

Perhaps a really, really high end bot? I'm talking next generation ;)
A Doc Sock is one of Doc's (Strangelove's) many many many accounts that he uses to troll and generate click bait during the offseaon. When summer hits I'd venture to say that probably 75% of everything that isn't Chef, Doyle, Brown Eye, Rats, or Micky, is Doc talking to himself.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Meg is his own show Mëds. He is a solid poster IMHO. Humorous.... and old too. He fits in here like a glove.

Lol at Mëds taking a poke at Doc :lol: :lol: