Page 4 of 5

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:30 pm
by Cousin Strawberry
Need some more girth that can play top 4 minutes on the back end. Too many medium sized defenders. Simon Edvinsson would be a massive gain

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:31 pm
by theman
Cousin Strawberry wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:30 pm Need some more girth that can play top 4 minutes on the back end. Too many medium sized defenders. Simon Edvinsson would be a massive gain
Agree. What has the big ‘O’ been up to?

I expected more grit from him TBH.

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 7:39 pm
by donlever
Yo Frankie...I think JR might have fucked you over on this one bro.

Screenshot_20261008-193752_Instagram.jpg

David Ayers could crush those stats.

Hey..it's early though.

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:49 pm
by Ronning's Ghost
Megaterio Llamas wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:27 pm Coaches just plumb like Arshdeep Bains.
I think ownership has insisted as a marketing tool for that fanbase.

It's why the Canucks spent a 2nd on Jett Woo.

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:58 pm
by Ronning's Ghost
Cornuck wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 4:33 pm So is Tankinen going to be even worse this year?
theman wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:09 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:08 pm He let the great wankowski pick his corner like a little bitch. He's the key to the tank
Protect him at all costs.
Nothing ensures a good tank like bad goaltending.
donlever wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 5:12 pm That Lankinen contract is untouchable.

Thanks JR...don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

Fucking guy.
On the contrary, he set up the tank so that it would be hard to derail.

If I may quote one the board's sainted former mainstays: "Try to think about 4 seasons from now."

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:07 pm
by Ronning's Ghost
Cousin Strawberry wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:23 pm I'm happy to see the gains the young dudes are making, even in a smoking by the champs.

The placeholders are all showing value for potential buyers which will bring assets back at the deadline.

There are positives in all this. I do much rather watch this team than last years vomit
I agree.
theman wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:27 pm Agree, for TDL, I am hoping:

At least 3 forward trades

F Petey gone for a 3 asset package which includes a 1st
DeBrusk gone for a 1st
O’Connor gone for at least a 2nd
Cotter gone for at least a 2nd

Demko/ Lankinen traded for something with no salary retention.

Which Schenn retiring after this season I would not trade any D unless another D man is coming back in a trade.
This is the Way.

Except maybe try to trade Cotter while he's still on a hot streak and his value looks greater.

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:11 pm
by Meds
theman wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:27 pm Agree, for TDL, I am hoping:

At least 3 forward trades

F Petey gone for a 3 asset package which includes a 1st
DeBrusk gone for a 1st
O’Connor gone for at least a 2nd
Cotter gone for at least a 2nd

Demko/ Lankinen traded for something with no salary retention.

Which Schenn retiring after this season I would not trade any D unless another D man is coming back in a trade.
You think DEBrusk is worth a 1st????

Cotter is worth a 2nd if he continues his start.....

DOC is maybe worth a 3rd.

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:46 pm
by Hockey Widow
I would put Cootes on the block for the right return either alone or in a package. I think this current management team would not have selected Cootes since they like size.

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:04 pm
by Meds
1st season of a rebuild.....

4 games in with a 2-3 record.....

Both losses at the hands of teams expected to be Cup contenders this year.....

We're already putting one of our best forward prospects on the block and chomping at the bit to get a defenseman for right now help.

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:52 pm
by Ronning's Ghost
Mëds wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:11 pm
theman wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:27 pm Agree, for TDL, I am hoping:

At least 3 forward trades

F Petey gone for a 3 asset package which includes a 1st
DeBrusk gone for a 1st
O’Connor gone for at least a 2nd
Cotter gone for at least a 2nd

Demko/ Lankinen traded for something with no salary retention.

Which Schenn retiring after this season I would not trade any D unless another D man is coming back in a trade.
You think DEBrusk is worth a 1st????

Cotter is worth a 2nd if he continues his start.....

DOC is maybe worth a 3rd.
He said hoping.

Like I'm hoping they will the draft lottery, or that prospects in the pipeline, or the youth already on the roster, surpass their projected ceilings.

It's all this fanbase has.

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:59 pm
by Ronning's Ghost
Hockey Widow wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:46 pm I would put Cootes on the block for the right return either alone or in a package. I think this current management team would not have selected Cootes since they like size.
First pump, then dump.

And per Cornuck's assessment of team construction lag time vs coaching lifespans, by the time Cootes reaches peak value, they could be running a different system.

Of course the "for the right return" stipulation makes all trade proposals reasonable, but my point is that right now, I don't expect Cootes to generate the right return.

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:58 am
by Cornuck
Ronning's Ghost wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:58 pm Nothing ensures a good tank like bad goaltending.
The problem is that the team could play a great game, and then have Tankinen let in 6. If that happens enough (and it will), it will get a little demoralizing. I'd rather see them at least be competitive most nights.

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 7:37 am
by theman
Mëds wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:11 pm
theman wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 6:27 pm Agree, for TDL, I am hoping:

At least 3 forward trades

F Petey gone for a 3 asset package which includes a 1st
DeBrusk gone for a 1st
O’Connor gone for at least a 2nd
Cotter gone for at least a 2nd

Demko/ Lankinen traded for something with no salary retention.

Which Schenn retiring after this season I would not trade any D unless another D man is coming back in a trade.
You think DEBrusk is worth a 1st????

Cotter is worth a 2nd if he continues his start.....

DOC is maybe worth a 3rd.
If M Pettersson can, anyone can.

And yeah, that’s what I am hoping for.

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 8:39 am
by UWSaint
Cornuck wrote: ↑Fri Oct 09, 2026 6:58 am
Ronning's Ghost wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 8:58 pm Nothing ensures a good tank like bad goaltending.
The problem is that the team could play a great game, and then have Tankinen let in 6. If that happens enough (and it will), it will get a little demoralizing. I'd rather see them at least be competitive most nights.
Correct, Corn. And more than that, how are you going to get positive and negative feedback from the “process” if every 4th shot ends up in the back of your net no matter what you do?

No doubt the Canes were better, and not just by a little. But it was also only a blowout because Lankinen was in every way horrible. And it’s not just the final score, but the team is going to play a different game down 3-0 after 10 minutes than if it had been 1-0. They need to play more in a game than trying to catch up to the game.

Re: GDT, Oct 8, Canucks at Carolina, 4 PM PST, SNP

Posted: Fri Oct 09, 2026 8:51 am
by BoS
Didn’t see the game, but from what I’ve read:

Lekke developing chemistry with Petey and Jake, getting more comfortable with play away from the puck.

DeBrusk had a strong game and against a contending team always on the look out for help come TDL.

Back-up with good showing in relieve of Tank.

Petey with another solid two-way effort.

Did I miss anyone?