Page 25 of 25

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 11:34 am
by Ronning's Ghost
Cousin Strawberry wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 10:03 am
donlever wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 9:10 am .....so as a potential byproduct of benching DeBrusk we take a skilled & capabale #2 centre and put him on the wing leaving EP Cotter Raty Sasson down the gut?

Yeah...not a big fan.
Pettersson should move to wing after the draws and give the middle over to MR
Right now, they are tied in FO%, so I see no need to complicate the draw.

But I agree, from what both players seem to have to give at this point, I think I prefer Rossi as the set-up man, and EP as the trigger man.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:21 pm
by Hockey Widow
Ya but who are they trying to pump and dump?

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:38 pm
by Ronning's Ghost
Hockey Widow wrote: ↑Sat Oct 03, 2026 12:21 pm Ya but who are they trying to pump and dump?
Great point.

Ultimately, anyone (See: no core yet, above), but more EP than MR, I should think.

But I think a strong stat line does much of the pumping, and I think they both get more points with Rossi at centre than Pettersson.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:42 pm
by Nuckertuzzi
Whoever emerges? Or both.

Better to pump Petey, but if the combo works, Petey finally finds a winger (or center?) to click with and both players stocks soar, I'm all for it.

No better time to experiment with crazy ideas than when points don't matter. We're playing 84 preseason games so why not? Switch back to Jake next game if it looks like shit.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 1:51 pm
by donlever
Be careful what you wish for.

MR & EP start putting up numbers stellar enough for the returns y'all are hoping for (Sweet) FA may change his rebuild tune overnight.

...look for FA with dollar signs in his eyes and its on...Franky in the sky with new plans....Franky in the sky with new plans....

Canucks reported at 2.05 billion, 20th o/a in the league in recent valuation releases btw...

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 2:54 pm
by Nuckertuzzi
There's that.

I call revolt if FatAss derails another rebuild.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 26-27

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2026 3:28 pm
by Megaterio Llamas
Ah, the Fatass riots of 26-27. Wasn't that a time!