Page 144 of 144

Re: Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 10:14 am
by Lancer
Picker of Cherries wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 2:48 am Pipe dream, or the perfect trade?
Rossi and Cotter (re-signed) for Edvinsson (re-signed).
That would create a big hole at centre. Great if you want to pile on the losses for a chance at DuPont, but it’s gonna get the forwards’s heads caved-in in the process for yet another young D with more potential than production. I just don’t see the sense of it.

Re: Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 11:30 am
by Cousin Strawberry
Hes like 6'6 and plays like it. He's a stud

I'd dangle Willander and Coutts

Re: Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Posted: Thu Oct 08, 2026 12:36 pm
by UWSaint
Cousin Strawberry wrote: ↑Thu Oct 08, 2026 11:30 am Hes like 6'6 and plays like it. He's a stud

I'd dangle Willander and Coutts
The Red Wings still want to try to compete -- not that they necessarily should be. So I think they will prioritize roster players in moving Edvinsson and Larkin. While Willander is in the league, its only because he's on the Canucks. Cootes isn't ready.

Edvinsson is the kind of player that nearly every team should have an interest in. Already top 4 caliber, big wingspan, more room to grow as a player. Even complete rebuild teams like Vancouver can use a 23 year old on a 7 year deal..... But I don't think this is the target at the moment, and I would think the Canucks want to move those who don't have a chance at being part of a future core. Both Willander and Cootes might be, however remote the odds (I don't see Willander growing into 2-3 D caliber (though hope to be wrong); Cootes has "core" (1C or quality 2C) within his range, even if the most likely outcome is a not-terribly special 2C or 3C). I'm not saying that wouldn't be a reasonable offer for Edvinsson; I'm saying that kind of futures package is one made by a team who can better afford to part with young guys. And that the Wings (likley) want more "now."