GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Cornuck wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:59 pm Not a great game, but they made it respectable.

Man, I fuckin hate the oil and rags.
GO DAL & FLA
Not as bad as Leaf Blowers :D

Well, another Pacific division banner and playoff fizzle..l
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7488
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Wasn’t overly impressed with Joshua in this series.

Hronek revealed that we do not want to tie up big money on this guy.

Silovs struggles on long shots

Boeser and Garland are big game players

Pettersson needs to figure out his strength and conditioning down the stretch and in the playoffs

Tocchet needs to give Podkolzin more rope, putting Lafferty back in, a player whom won’t be back next year was a disappointing decision.

The Canucks needs more skill and speed up front

I’d let Joshua go, he’s a strong kid but his effort at times is lazy, try to retain Lindholm and Zadorov.
…………..IF………………WE FINALLY BEAT MEDICARE
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2143
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:51 pm
Raile wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 pm Good push at the end but you can't wait 52 minutes to wake the fuck up
Pretty much. Tocchet may want to take the blame here, god awful game plan to start a game 7 that way. The Canucks can go toe to toe with the Oilers they are shit team after McDavid and Draisaitl.
McDavid was invisible tonight…..and the Canucks still lost. They literally beat themselves. Fuck em.

I don’t give a shit who is on the team next year.
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2143
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Meds »

Raile wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:03 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:55 pm The Oilers don’t stand a chance against the Stars. The Stars depth will destroy them
I didn't want to get in to it before this game was over, but I've thought for a few games now that whoever won, they'd get smoked by Dallas. Neither of our teams are true contenders imo
That’s been obvious about the Canucks since the Nashville series.
User avatar
2Fingers
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:51 pm
Raile wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 pm Good push at the end but you can't wait 52 minutes to wake the fuck up
Pretty much. Tocchet may want to take the blame here, god awful game plan to start a game 7 that way. The Canucks can go toe to toe with the Oilers they are shit team after McDavid and Draisaitl.
Agree with this, short shifts in the first period meant the team never had the puck. RT got the team to the 7th game but his strategy which was similar to the game 6 again back fired.
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2143
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:05 pm One thing I’ve learned from this, fucking get rid of Mikheyev.
His stone hands could have been all the difference had he scored on that chance in the first period. Puck just went off his stick.
User avatar
2Fingers
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:36 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:51 pm
Raile wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 pm Good push at the end but you can't wait 52 minutes to wake the fuck up
Pretty much. Tocchet may want to take the blame here, god awful game plan to start a game 7 that way. The Canucks can go toe to toe with the Oilers they are shit team after McDavid and Draisaitl.
I don’t give a shit who is on the team next year.
We all feel this way, then a few months of sun, forest fires and a war or 2 and we will be back in October to watch them again.
User avatar
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

2Fingers wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:40 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:36 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:51 pm
Raile wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 pm Good push at the end but you can't wait 52 minutes to wake the fuck up
Pretty much. Tocchet may want to take the blame here, god awful game plan to start a game 7 that way. The Canucks can go toe to toe with the Oilers they are shit team after McDavid and Draisaitl.
I don’t give a shit who is on the team next year.
We all feel this way, then a few months of sun, forest fires and a war or 2 and we will be back in October to watch them again.
We don't all feel this way.
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2143
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Meds »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:11 pm
5thhorseman wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:03 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:02 pm
Cornuck wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:59 pm Not a great game, but they made it respectable.

Man, I fuckin hate the oil and rags.
GO DAL & FLA
I'm going to say - no to FLA.

The sad club is getting small.
So you're cheering for the Rangers are you? :scowl:
No, whoever comes out of the west.
I will cheer for any team that plays against the Oil, Flames, or Leaves. Don’t even care if that’s Boston or NYR.
User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by 5thhorseman »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:46 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:40 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:36 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:51 pm
Raile wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 pm Good push at the end but you can't wait 52 minutes to wake the fuck up
Pretty much. Tocchet may want to take the blame here, god awful game plan to start a game 7 that way. The Canucks can go toe to toe with the Oilers they are shit team after McDavid and Draisaitl.
I don’t give a shit who is on the team next year.
We all feel this way, then a few months of sun, forest fires and a war or 2 and we will be back in October to watch them again.
We don't all feel this way.
Ditto. Reef, you don't know what happened in the dressing room or who was injured or anything really.
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2712
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Miller played 27 minutes tonight.
el rey del mambo
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2143
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Meds »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:56 pm Miller played 27 minutes tonight.
Yeah. He looked gassed by the end.

The lack of depth really started to show by game 6 against Nashville.
User avatar
2Fingers
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by 2Fingers »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:51 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:46 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:40 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:36 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:51 pm
Raile wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 pm Good push at the end but you can't wait 52 minutes to wake the fuck up
Pretty much. Tocchet may want to take the blame here, god awful game plan to start a game 7 that way. The Canucks can go toe to toe with the Oilers they are shit team after McDavid and Draisaitl.
I don’t give a shit who is on the team next year.
We all feel this way, then a few months of sun, forest fires and a war or 2 and we will be back in October to watch them again.
We don't all feel this way.
Ditto. Reef, you don't know what happened in the dressing room or who was injured or anything really.
Oh I know, just emotions can be strong right after the loss. I am strangely relaxed, upset for sure but really happy that they made it to the second round.

Amazing season.

FYI, I already said I think QH is hurt, he didn’t look himself.
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by CrzyCanuck »

good note as in at least we played the 3rd period well

yes too little too late

but that's not a bad finish to a wonderful season

we'll come back stronger next season
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2143
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Meds »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:18 pm good note as in at least we played the 3rd period well

yes too little too late

but that's not a bad finish to a wonderful season

we'll come back stronger next season
Terrible finish.

Gonna lose? Ok. But leave it all out there on the ice.

Too many guys didn’t. Too many passengers for the first 51 minutes.

Miller and Garland went hard until the tank ran dry, and they were still trying to go. I can’t think of another forward who in game 7 who can say the same.
Post Reply