GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Great season Peeps.

Hopefully Mgmt. can figure out the UFAs/Cap etc. and we will be cheering a cup soon.

Thanks those who started these GDTs.
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2697
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

We're still a bubble playoff team.
el rey del mambo
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7475
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Oilers don’t stand a chance against the Stars. The Stars depth will destroy them
…………..IF………………WE FINALLY BEAT MEDICARE
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7475
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:54 pm We're still a bubble playoff team.
I agree, we are far from it. When you look at our depth compared to the Dallas Stars it’s night and day. We are way too thin up front. Need more horses and less stone hands and improve the speed FFS. Has to be the slowest team in the playoffs. We need Lekkieramikki and Willander to come through for us cause our pipe line is pretty sad after those two
…………..IF………………WE FINALLY BEAT MEDICARE
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 2966
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Cornuck »

Not a great game, but they made it respectable.

Man, I fuckin hate the oil and rags.
GO DAL & FLA
User avatar
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Cornuck wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:59 pm Not a great game, but they made it respectable.

Man, I fuckin hate the oil and rags.
GO DAL & FLA
I'm going to say - no to FLA.

The sad club is getting small.
Raile
MVP
MVP
Posts: 202
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:24 am

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Raile »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:55 pm The Oilers don’t stand a chance against the Stars. The Stars depth will destroy them
I didn't want to get in to it before this game was over, but I've thought for a few games now that whoever won, they'd get smoked by Dallas. Neither of our teams are true contenders imo
Last edited by Raile on Mon May 20, 2024 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:04 am

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by 5thhorseman »

JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:02 pm
Cornuck wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:59 pm Not a great game, but they made it respectable.

Man, I fuckin hate the oil and rags.
GO DAL & FLA
I'm going to say - no to FLA.

The sad club is getting small.
So you're cheering for the Rangers are you? :scowl:
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 3445
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by rats19 »

Enjoyed the season and the playoffs…

Next year need some key management moves regarding cap space and players. I think we bring up 2 or3 Abby guys , make some other key changes… go again

Good fun guys and gal…. Now I got me some fish to catch

Stay safe all
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7475
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Chef Boi RD »

One thing I’ve learned from this, fucking get rid of Mikheyev.
…………..IF………………WE FINALLY BEAT MEDICARE
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6271
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fishing season has officially begun in cousin strawberry's world. The last Canucks game is the ribbon cutting.

Trout slaying time
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star
Posts: 476
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:41 am
Location: Kingston, Ontario

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Lancer »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:51 pm
Raile wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 pm Good push at the end but you can't wait 52 minutes to wake the fuck up
Pretty much. Tocchet may want to take the blame here, god awful game plan to start a game 7 that way. The Canucks can go toe to toe with the Oilers they are shit team after McDavid and Draisaitl.
They played too safe for too long in this game. They gave McJesus and Kraut too much respect out there and played too passive.

Tocchet and his staff will learn from this too. They always retreat back to their shell when they get forechecking pressure and they just kept chasing the puck. There were times when the Oilers had all day in their zone with the puck with not a forechecker in sight. Way too passive.

That said, we're getting there. I wish the team could have given a bigger "Fuck You" to all the 'insiders' and 'experts' and league sages who pegged this team as a bubble team at best, with no hope of going anywhere if they did make the playoffs. But I would say that they have served notice to the league to stop sleeping on them.

Now, to see who stays and who goes.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
User avatar
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP
Posts: 308
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:03 pm
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:02 pm
Cornuck wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:59 pm Not a great game, but they made it respectable.

Man, I fuckin hate the oil and rags.
GO DAL & FLA
I'm going to say - no to FLA.

The sad club is getting small.
So you're cheering for the Rangers are you? :scowl:
No, whoever comes out of the west.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7475
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I really hope Hughes is injured, if not his drop in play in big game season is a thing of concern. He was not his usual self that we saw in the mean nothing season.
…………..IF………………WE FINALLY BEAT MEDICARE
User avatar
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2697
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 am
Location: North Shore

Re: GDT - FFS Edition: 20 May 2024 Canucks vs Oilers R2G7 @ 18:00 PST

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Lancer wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 9:09 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:51 pm
Raile wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:44 pm Good push at the end but you can't wait 52 minutes to wake the fuck up
Pretty much. Tocchet may want to take the blame here, god awful game plan to start a game 7 that way. The Canucks can go toe to toe with the Oilers they are shit team after McDavid and Draisaitl.
They played too safe for too long in this game. They gave McJesus and Kraut too much respect out there and played too passive.

Tocchet and his staff will learn from this too. They always retreat back to their shell when they get forechecking pressure and they just kept chasing the puck. There were times when the Oilers had all day in their zone with the puck with not a forechecker in sight. Way too passive.

That said, we're getting there. I wish the team could have given a bigger "Fuck You" to all the 'insiders' and 'experts' and league sages who pegged this team as a bubble team at best, with no hope of going anywhere if they did make the playoffs. But I would say that they have served notice to the league to stop sleeping on them.

Now, to see who stays and who goes.
Yeah, John Garrett just mentioned the betting line had us with 83 points this year. We overachieved bigly.
el rey del mambo
Post Reply