Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

lostinarink
CC Rookie

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by lostinarink »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Jim Ignitowski scares the hell out of me when it comes to the cap especially if this team ever gets competitive again under his watch . Think of it like the dude managing his paycheque every two weeks . He has to make 2000$ last for fourteen days . So he makes his mortgage payment which he's already behind on and pays his cell phone bill. He ignores his home phone bill and the hydro while making a meager payment to Terasen gas. He spends 100$ on groceries for his family and puts 20$ in his Yugo . Then he proceeds to the liquor store where he buys a couple flats of Lucky and a case of royal red . Stops by Rummys for an eight ball and his cheque is gone . Sure he gets pissed all weekend and end up with purple teeth and a bloody nose but he has no money for the next 11 days . He has done this repeatedly over the years but some people are gullible enough to think he will actually change his habits in the future . He can't and neither can Iggy . Hopefully he doesn't saddle this team with too many royal reds ( Sutter, Miller , Dorsett) or lucky lagers ( Sbisa) for when the next guy comes in .
The story of your life Blob
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Luca is among the very worst and among a few garbage contracts handed out by Iggy .
Good point Blob and one which the Jim Benning cock chomping gang can't seem to fathom . It isn't JUST the Sbisa contract that raises red flags about this mans ability to navigate a salary cap. There are just as many NTC as when Eye Bags was here and for all intents and purposes Luca may as well have one .

Jim Ignitowski scares the hell out of me when it comes to the cap especially if this team ever gets competitive again under his watch . Think of it like the dude managing his paycheque every two weeks . He has to make 2000$ last for fourteen days . So he makes his mortgage payment which he's already behind on and pays his cell phone bill. He ignores his home phone bill and the hydro while making a meager payment to Terasen gas. He spends 100$ on groceries for his family and puts 20$ in his Yugo . Then he proceeds to the liquor store where he buys a couple flats of Lucky and a case of royal red . Stops by Rummys for an eight ball and his cheque is gone . Sure he gets pissed all weekend and end up with purple teeth and a bloody nose but he has no money for the next 11 days . He has done this repeatedly over the years but some people are gullible enough to think he will actually change his habits in the future . He can't and neither can Iggy . Hopefully he doesn't saddle this team with too many royal reds ( Sutter, Miller , Dorsett) or lucky lagers ( Sbisa) for when the next guy comes in .
Jesus Blob. The Dude is playing you man. Stop reacting cause you are starting to take it for real. I get it. I am a serious person as well but not on the Dude. On the other hand, without the two of you going at it there would not be much action on the site. Also, I think you owe Rummy an apology for putting him on Front street.

By the way. If you want to meet me I will be in Van from 9/28-10/12. This goes for anybody on the site as I would love to meet some of the people I have been reading for years. I will post a date for being at the Princeton a week before I come. Hope some of you show as I will buy the beer.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

LOL. aaaaaaanyways...

The Blackhawks have traded Kris Versteek and Joakim Nordstrom and a 3rd rounder in 2017 to Carolina for d-men Dennis Robertson, Jake Massie and a 5th rounder in 2017.

Cap dump for Chicago, ridding Versteeg's $4.4M cap hit, putting them $2.43M under the cap.
Robertson, a 24-year-old native of Fort Saint John, B.C., scored 17 points over 57 games in his first full pro season with the AHL Charlotte Checkers last season.

Massie, 18, recorded 11 points in 14 games with the Boston Jr. Bruins U18 and 20 points in 35 games with Kimball Union Academy.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

damonberryman wrote: Jesus Blob. The Dude is playing you man. Stop reacting cause you are starting to take it for real. I get it. I am a serious person as well but not on the Dude. On the other hand, without the two of you going at it there would not be much action on the site. Also, I think you owe Rummy an apology for putting him on Front street.

By the way. If you want to meet me I will be in Van from 9/28-10/12. This goes for anybody on the site as I would love to meet some of the people I have been reading for years. I will post a date for being at the Princeton a week before I come. Hope some of you show as I will buy the beer.
Lol damonslingblade you and I got off hard on the wrong foot right away but you sir are a 9/10 in the Bobcats book . The dude hasn't entered my kitchen at all . He is wandering scratching at my mailbox and talking to my pet ocelot . I will try to get to your shindig for sure
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote:LOL. aaaaaaanyways...

The Blackhawks have traded Kris Versteek and Joakim Nordstrom and a 3rd rounder in 2017 to Carolina for d-men Dennis Robertson, Jake Massie and a 5th rounder in 2017.

Cap dump for Chicago, ridding Versteeg's $4.4M cap hit, putting them $2.43M under the cap.
Robertson, a 24-year-old native of Fort Saint John, B.C., scored 17 points over 57 games in his first full pro season with the AHL Charlotte Checkers last season.

Massie, 18, recorded 11 points in 14 games with the Boston Jr. Bruins U18 and 20 points in 35 games with Kimball Union Academy.
......and moments later signed Kruger for a year.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Habs sign Fleischman to PTO.
The only HW the Canucks need
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
damonberryman wrote: Jesus Blob. The Dude is playing you man. Stop reacting cause you are starting to take it for real. I get it. I am a serious person as well but not on the Dude. On the other hand, without the two of you going at it there would not be much action on the site. Also, I think you owe Rummy an apology for putting him on Front street.

Lol damonslingblade you and I got off hard on the wrong foot right away but you sir are a 9/10 in the Bobcats book . The dude hasn't entered my kitchen at all . He is wandering scratching at my mailbox and talking to my pet ocelot . I will try to get to your shindig for sure
I will look forward to it Blob
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Caps sign Derek Roy to PTO.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

NHL to employee concussion spotters at every game who will have the ability to inform the NHL if they feel a player needs to be help out pending further evaluation. Great move.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-to-use-concussion ... n-1.360322
KeyserSoze
CC Veteran

Post by KeyserSoze »

Why they are not also employing shoulder spotters in every rink is beyond me.
BladesofSteel
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by BladesofSteel »

Baby steps Keyser, that would be a huge responsibility for the league to shoulder in one season.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BladesofSteel wrote:Baby steps Keyser, that would be a huge responsibility for the league to shoulder in one season.
Yeah, it's not like they could just rotate these assessors off the cuff.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

IN, you are as humerus as Cliff Clavicle from Cheers! :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
BladesofSteel
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by BladesofSteel »

I can see you are all having a ball, but seriously, put a socket in it.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

You are all a pack of deltoids...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….