CC Random thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: CC Random thread

Post by Strangelove »

^ Lol, yes only whities can represent products now, anything else is racist!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:24 pm Exactly. Imagine it without the thin blue line

For every asshole cop there are hundreds of good ones. The media is fanning these flames big-time and the end goal is a little unclear to me.

All i know is theres a power play going on right now and whoever is yanking the strings is far scarier than police brutality
Agreed... and well said.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

What are the police supposed to do now?

If someone turns around and points a weapon at them, how are they supposed to respond? What other options are there? Bean bag gun? Stun gun? Tazer? I would not want to be a police officer at this time because no matter what they do, they are wrong.

https://people.com/human-interest/twin- ... off-cliff/
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-s ... vandalized
Washington state mayor now calls BLM protests ‘domestic terrorism’ after her home vandalized

A Washington state mayor was fine with the Black Lives Matter protests that followed George Floyd’s death in police custody.

But that was until vandals damaged her home, according to reports.

Now, Mayor Cheryl Selby of Olympia refers to the protests as “domestic terrorism,” according to The Olympian.

“I’m really trying to process this,” Selby told the newspaper Saturday, after the rioters’ Friday night spree left her front door and porch covered with spray-painted messages. “It’s like domestic terrorism. It’s unfair.

Another BLM supporter, ESPN writer Chris Martin Palmer, who commented “Burn it all down,” when retweeting a photo of a Minneapolis building in flames in late May, had a different reaction when rioters came close to his house, The Sporting News reported.

“Get these animals TF out of my neighborhood,” Palmer wrote. “Go back to where you live.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Go "chimp out" somewhere else
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:47 pm https://www.foxnews.com/us/washington-s ... vandalized
Washington state mayor now calls BLM protests ‘domestic terrorism’ after her home vandalized

A Washington state mayor was fine with the Black Lives Matter protests that followed George Floyd’s death in police custody.

But that was until vandals damaged her home, according to reports.

Now, Mayor Cheryl Selby of Olympia refers to the protests as “domestic terrorism,” according to The Olympian.

“I’m really trying to process this,” Selby told the newspaper Saturday, after the rioters’ Friday night spree left her front door and porch covered with spray-painted messages. “It’s like domestic terrorism. It’s unfair.

Another BLM supporter, ESPN writer Chris Martin Palmer, who commented “Burn it all down,” when retweeting a photo of a Minneapolis building in flames in late May, had a different reaction when rioters came close to his house, The Sporting News reported.

“Get these animals TF out of my neighborhood,” Palmer wrote. “Go back to where you live.”
:lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL he also said "looting rodeo drive is the worst idea ever." I think I have screen caps saved of the whole deal.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The great sci fi schlockmeister Stuart Gordon's highly underappreciated B sci fi/prison flick masterpoiece Fortress is up on youtube! This one is must viewing.

Starring the awful French actor Christopher Lambert and a show stealing Kurtwood Smith as the sinister Director Poe in possibly the great B movie character actor's finest performance. Director Poe has been 'enhanced' by high tech gizmos and is co director of the subterranean prison compound with a supercomputer called Zed-10 who constantly nags Poe about watching girl prisoners in the showers and such. Zed appears to have the computer hots for Poe and resents his half human lusting. Support cast includes some of the top no name pulp movie veterans, the plot includes nearly every B prison movie cliche in the book.

Bon appetite ;)

Cast:

Christopher Lambert as John Henry Brennick
Loryn Locklin as Karen B. Brennick
Annika Thomas as Brennick baby
Kurtwood Smith as prison director Poe
Carolyn Purdy-Gordon as Voice of Zed-10
Lincoln Kilpatrick as Abraham
Jeffrey Combs as D-Day, computer geek
Tom Towles as Stiggs, Maddox's Buddy
Vernon Wells as Maddox
Clifton Collins, Jr. (credited as Clifton Gonzalez-Gonzalez) as Nino Gomez
John Pierce as Moustached Prisoner
Warwick Capper as cameo
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Local News
Petition calls for removal of Gassy Jack statue
Author of the article:John Mackie
Publishing date:8 hours ago • 5 minute read

https://vancouversun.com/news/local-new ... ack-statue

..Grey Cup beauty queens at Gassy Jack statue in Gastown. November 23, 1971. RALPH BOWER/Vancouver Sun
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The organizers may believe otherwise, but blm is not exempt from Newton's Third Law.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:13 am The organizers may believe otherwise, but blm is not exempt from Newton's Third Law.
What? Violent illiterate history-erasing barbarians are oblivious to scientific principles?

Say it ain't so!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:13 am The organizers may believe otherwise, but blm is not exempt from Newton's Third Law.
Well, these days everything is relative.....
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Black Vancouver 'Juneteenth' march taking place Friday June 19th

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/vanc ... ch-2429146

This has already been done in Vancouver to suffice considering the risk of Covid-19.

I'm sorry if it offends anyone but; IMO; that under the circumstances; this is fucking nuts.
Love to say more about what age and groups these demonstrators are mostly but no.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:48 pm This is fucked. False flag?

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/the ... eration/
The really sad thing wiz.... I wouldn’t be surprised

At anything anymore
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….