US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20 *AND* 22 *AND* 24

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: US Erection 12 *AND* 16 *AND* 20

Post by rats19 »

ACB being called racist for adopted black children :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

rats19 wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 4:33 pm ACB being called racist for adopted black children :crazy:
Yeah, that’s crazy.

I mean, I know there are people that argue that children are better off being adopted by parents with the same ethnic background; for purposes of identification, mirroring, etc. But come on!

Any family willing to adopt an orphan is better than foster care or growing up in an institution.

And claiming that someone willing to adopt a child from another ethnic group is racist precisely because of that is completely backwards reasoning.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The New York Times seem to have gotten access to Trump’s tax filings for the past twenty years or so.
Out of the last 15 years he did not pay any income tax for ten of them.
In 2016 he paid a total of USD 750, and apparently the same amount for 2017. Most years his losses exceed his
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... e=Homepage

Now why is this interesting, you may ask. Well, it goes to his credibility (which he of course has none).
Donald Trump likes to present himself as a successful businessman.
Now, generally speaking, successful businessmen tend to make money, not lose money.
Thus the information in his tax filings would indicate that he is a fraud.

There are basically two possibilities.

It could be that he is a failure as a businessman, living on borrowed money while a mountain of debt is quickly dwarfing his assets. Or it could be that he is cheating on his taxes. Either way he is a fraud. :drink:

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:10 pm
Yeah, well it’s not just him.

Between the two demented oldtimers who lie about how well they did at college, I prefer the one without known mob ties.

:thumbs:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:22 am The New York Times seem to have gotten access to Trump’s tax filings for the past twenty years or so.
Out of the last 15 years he did not pay any income tax for ten of them.
In 2016 he paid a total of USD 750, and apparently the same amount for 2017. Most years his losses exceed his
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... e=Homepage

Now why is this interesting, you may ask. Well, it goes to his credibility (which he of course has none).
Donald Trump likes to present himself as a successful businessman.
Now, generally speaking, successful businessmen tend to make money, not lose money.
Thus the information in his tax filings would indicate that he is a fraud.

There are basically two possibilities.

It could be that he is a failure as a businessman, living on borrowed money while a mountain of debt is quickly dwarfing his assets. Or it could be that he is cheating on his taxes. Either way he is a fraud.
:drink:
Hmmm you seem to have overlooked all kinds of "possibilities" here such as...

Possibility: More fake news from the NYT in their continuing quest to smear ole Trumpy-poo.

(btw IF the correct filings were indeed obtained, they were obtained illegally, why trust those who operate illegally?)

Possibility: The "secret source" sold the Times 100% pure bullshit.

(btw IF the secret source did indeed have access, he/she broke the law by giving them to the NYT, why trust those who operate illegally?)

Possibility: The Donald, like all billionaires, finds ways to avoid paying taxes.

(btw tax avoidance is perfectly legal, why would you assume this is a case of tax evasion rather than tax avoidance?)

Not surprised that you ran with a an unsupported story from a known anti-Trump paper citing a dubious source.

But I'm a tad surprised at your apparent lack of knowledge of rich Americans legally avoid paying taxes.

(you silly mudslinger you) :drink:

https://fortune.com/2019/04/11/amazon-s ... avoidance/
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

You have responsibility to yourself to pay the least amount of taxes a legally possible.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

LMAO
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://nypost.com/2020/09/27/delaware- ... a-student/
Delaware State University denies Biden was a student after claim he ‘got started’ there

Delaware State University has denied that Joe Biden has ever been a student there — after the presidential candidate’s claim that he “got started” at the historically black college.
Lol, this guy amirite? Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:20 pm You have responsibility to yourself to pay the least amount of taxes a legally possible.
Well, sure, if he did lose money, of course the deductions are OK. I think the issue is more that he has stated that he made more than 400 million in 2017, yet he told the IRS he lost 47 million. Which is it? :eh:

Is he lying to the public about being a successful businessman, or to the IRS about all his companies leaking money like sieves? It has to be one or the other. :drink:

I actually lean toward thinking his tax filings are correct and he is living large on borrowed money and borrowed time, which is sad. I would much rather have him being as rich as he claims to be and facing a lengthy prison term for tax evasion. :rockin:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I bet if you delve deep into the ulta wealthy you would discover how little they all pay in personal income tax.

For these people, every financial transaction is funneled through various tax shelters. Look at the Chef or any contractor who has figured out the value of paying a chartered accountant.

If youre paying out high personal income taxes every spring and self employed its time to find a better accountant
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Anyone asking how the NYT got hold of confidential tax returns from the IRS?

The same IRS Obama used to target Tea Party Republican groups.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:09 am I bet if you delve deep into the ulta wealthy you would discover how little they all pay in personal income tax.

For these people, every financial transaction is funneled through various tax shelters. Look at the Chef or any contractor who has figured out the value of paying a chartered accountant.

If youre paying out high personal income taxes every spring and self employed its time to find a better accountant
I think I saw a figure that the 0.1 percent in the USA on average pay 25% income tax after deductions.

But those would of course be truly successful people.
Not con men from Queens with a history of bankrupcies and failed business :roll:

If you really can have profits of more than 400 million in a year (as Trump Publicly stated he did in 2017) and only pay USD 750 in taxes, the US tax system is fucked up beyond
If, on the other hand, his costs exceded his earnings by 47 million, as he claimed in his tax filings, it makes sense that he didn’t have to pay much.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:41 am
Topper wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:20 pm You have responsibility to yourself to pay the least amount of taxes a legally possible.
Well, sure, if he did lose money, of course the deductions are OK. I think the issue is more that he has stated that he made more than 400 million in 2017, yet he told the IRS he lost 47 million. Which is it? :eh:

Is he lying to the public about being a successful businessman, or to the IRS about all his companies leaking money like sieves? It has to be one or the other. :drink:
I'm no expert, but it is common knowledge that rich Americans use a property depreciation credit to avoid paying taxes.

... even though those property values are actually increasing!

That is just one of the many tax-avoidance loopholes available to fabulously wealthy Americans.

And ole Trumpy-poo owns a shitload of properties amirite?

There are many loopholes available in America thanks to longtime lawmakers such as Sleepy Creepy Joe.

I'm guessing you didn't watch the entire Gutfeld video I posted.

(the Gutfeld monologue at the beginning is hilarious, but listen to panelist Jesse Watters speak on this matter)

Per wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:41 am I actually lean toward thinking his tax filings are correct and he is living large on borrowed money and borrowed time, which is sad. I would much rather have him being as rich as he claims to be and facing a lengthy prison term for tax evasion. :rockin:
You haven't seen his tax filings and you're lost in your TDS fantasies once again.

Sad!

Tax avoidance is what everyone does (legal + logical).

Tax avoidance and tax evasion are two entirely different things.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I went to the fights and a debate almost broke out!

Biden: "Orange man a racist clown *random lie* orange man bad *random lie* orange man bad..."

Trump: "Pssst. Your son is a loser."

Biden; "That's not true!!"

Trump: "Why did the Russian President's wife give him $3.5M?"

Biden: "She didn't!!"

Trump: "Oh yes she did. Why did that Ukrainian Gas company pay him million$ for nothing?"

Biden: "They didn't!! My son served in Iraq and was awarded the Bronze Star!!"

Trump: "Oh do you have another son? I was talking about Hunter. Hunter is a loser."

Biden: "My son... my son..."

Trump: "Your son is a coke head. He got busted. Your son got a dishonorable discharge. He..."

Biden: "My son had a drug problem but he got better. I'm proud of my son."

Trump" "Of course you are. How did he get that job in the Ukraine? Why did they pay him million$?"

Biden: (looking directly into camera) "Please vote for me. Please vote for me."

Trump: "They're not going to vote for you Joe, they know you did nothing in 47 years of politics."

Biden: "Orange man a racist clown *random lie* orange man bad *random lie* orange man bad..."

Good times!

I loved the way Trump manipulated Biden into publicly disowning the doctrines of Saunders, AOC, et al.

Buh-bye radical left support, BUH-BYE lol...
____
Try to focus on someday.