Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:11 pm Holy shit Toronto making cap room dealing Andreas Johnsson. Could see them going after Bogosian.
Nah, they don't have any room despite dumping Johnsson (for basically nothing).

They're within $2.3M of the cap and still have to re-sign Mikheyev and Dermott.

($2M each?)

And even if they manage to re-sign those two, they'd still be at only 22 players.

Yeah, they'll be looking to dump Kerfoot next (good luck widdat!).
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

No thank you please from me on Kerfoot
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:44 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:11 pm Holy shit Toronto making cap room dealing Andreas Johnsson. Could see them going after Bogosian.

($2M each?)

And even if they manage to re-sign those two, they'd still be at only 22 players.

Well shit, they didn't need any space, Leaves got Bogosian for just $1M x 1.

I wonder if they trade off Dermott now...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:44 pm

($2M each?)

Keep it up Dubas. You too can manage to dump all of your depth. (Btw, mouth-breathers, Toronto's salary structure and current shoit-show is exactly why we didn't really want OEL at a full cap hit)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Curmudgeon
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Curmudgeon »

What's the deal with Madison Bowey? Wasn't he a guy everybody was hot on a few years ago?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:42 am

“And the Detroit Red Wings are proud to select The Chef as Mongoloid of the Month- Kenny Holland

I remember skullet tossing some balding kid with bird legs who followed me into the shower - Kenny Holland

The Great Kenny Holland deserves a big fuck you for breaking me in that day many years ago - ‘I’ll get my revenge’.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:52 pm What's the deal with Madison Bowey? Wasn't he a guy everybody was hot on a few years ago?
Madison Bowey is so dumb

... he makes Michael Del Zotto look like Michelangelo! :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Lil Trojan is officially a pizza delivery boy
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Funny how only a week ago everyone was debating which of Markstrom, Tanev, and Toffee needed to be resigned. I don't recall anyone saying none of em.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Dont think anyone expected Marky to try and bend Jimmy over either though. The assumption was he wanted to be a canuck.

I dont blame GMJB for pulling the offer and snagging rhe best possible alternate scenario in Holtby. Excellent work Jimmy

As far as Tanev goes, it sounds like the team had very little interest in ponying up on any sprt or term for CT

Toff was a rental from the get-go
If you need air...call it in
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:18 am Funny how only a week ago everyone was debating which of Markstrom, Tanev, and Toffee needed to be resigned. I don't recall anyone saying none of em.
I definitely did not want Benning to sign those Calgary contracts, or sign OEL. I was interested in Toffoli, but I wouldn’t have been surprised if he walked. I don’t have a problem with any of the moves Benning has made so far this off season. Since Benning can’t move out contracts and Boeser is healthy again, they’ll have the same high scoring offence that they had for most of last season. Toffoli is still a remote possibility, but with only 4m left to play with, Benning likely needs to keep it to use in a trade for a defensemen. The only thing I can see happening is that Benning makes a hockey trade of a forward for a Dman, and then using the cap space to sign Toffoli, or another FA forward. But more realistically, I think the 4m will be used to help someone get out of cap hell, and get a defensemen in return. Not many forwards have signed and theirs asks are going to be going down by the hour. Benning might get a quality 1m forward or two late in free agency that won’t affect the cap and allow Eriksson to be sent down.

I’m more surprised about Stecher. I thought he’d be the back-up plan to Tanev, but we’ll have to wait and see if Rafferty/Chatfield is a downgrade to Stecher. At this point Myers will play with Hughes in the top pairing, and one of the rookies will play with a Edler to make the top four. Benn won’t be in the top four. He’ll be challenged for his time in the bottom pair by the other rookies. They might be fine as is but having said that, I still expect additions will be made.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Its obvious that the team is working on bringing in a top 4 dman. No need whatsoever to analyze how the pairing will look until that asset is acquired...there is still about 9-10 weeks til training camp
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:24 am
I’m more surprised about Stecher. I thought he’d be the back-up plan to Tanev, but we’ll have to wait and see if Rafferty/Chatfield is a downgrade to Stecher.
We won’t have to wait and see. Either player is a massive downgrade from Stecher. And he isn’t even that good.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:18 am Funny how only a week ago everyone was debating which of Markstrom, Tanev, and Toffee needed to be resigned. I don't recall anyone saying none of em.
I definitely did not want Benning to sign those Calgary contracts, or sign OEL. I was interested in Toffoli, but I wouldn’t have been surprised if he walked. I don’t have a problem with any of the moves Benning has made so far this off season. Since Benning can’t move out contracts and Boeser is healthy again, they’ll have the same high scoring offence that they had for most of last season. Toffoli is still a remote possibility, but with only 4m left to play with, Benning likely needs to keep it to use in a trade for a defensemen. The only thing I can see happening is that Benning makes a hockey trade of a forward for a Dman, and then using the cap space to sign Toffoli, or another FA forward. But more realistically, I think the 4m will be used to help someone get out of cap hell, and get a defensemen in return. Not many forwards have signed and theirs asks are going to be going down by the hour. Benning might get a quality 1m forward or two late in free agency that won’t affect the cap and allow Eriksson to be sent down.

I’m more surprised about Stecher. I thought he’d be the back-up plan to Tanev, but we’ll have to wait and see if Rafferty/Chatfield is a downgrade to Stecher. At this point Myers will play with Hughes in the top pairing, and one of the rookies will play with a Edler to make the top four. Benn won’t be in the top four. He’ll be challenged for his time in the bottom pair by the other rookies. They might be fine as is but having said that, I still expect additions will be made.
There will have to be. The team depended on both Tanev's and Stecher's minutes in the regular season and the playoffs.
Juolevi may have a shot. Rathbone is the best prospect but be a push for this season and Rafferty will be Stealing a Wheel to make the team.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:40 am
I’m more surprised about Stecher. I thought he’d be the back-up plan to Tanev, but we’ll have to wait and see if Rafferty/Chatfield is a downgrade to Stecher.
We won’t have to wait and see. Either player is a massive downgrade from Stecher. And he isn’t even that good.
Chef Blobbee, c’mon! “A massive downgrade”??? What is it with you man? Stecher ain’t that good
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau