Canucks Contracts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Contracts

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So what current contracts are expiring after this season? I got

Edler - $6,000,000
Sutter - $4,375,000
Pearson - $3,750,000
Baertschi - $3,366,000
Luongo - $3,033,000
Benn - $2,000,000
Spooner - $1,000,000

$24,000,000 total

Do we see anyone in this group coming back? I imagine not with Hughes and Petey’s massive raises happening around the same time these contracts expire. Forwards like Sutter and Pearson will be replaced with younger entry level type players - Pod, MacEwan, Lind, Hoglander etc. Edler, Benn replaced by - Juolevi, Rafferty, Rathbone, Tryamkin etc.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

I can see Edler coming back but on team friendly 2 mil a season type of contract.

Pearson is a maybe but with no significant raise.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

theman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:55 am I can see Edler coming back but on team friendly 2 mil a season type of contract.

Pearson is a maybe but with no significant raise.
Really can’t see Pearson coming back. With the likes of Podkolzin, Lind and Hoglander coming in. MacEwan seemingly has made the team. Lind looks very close to moving up from the A

Edler I can see, maybe
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Edler would be a good mentor for our young guys, I would bring him back on the right contract.

Pearson has decent chemistry with Horvat, on the right contract and situation, I would consider it but wouldn’t be too fussed if he left.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Eriksson - $6,000,000
Beagle - $3,000,000
Roussel - $3,000,000

These 3 be done after the 2021-22 season. After that Season JT Miller has 1 year left on his before hitting UFA. If he continues to shine he will be up for a significant raise I imagine. Or we trade him for futures that season. A bit far down the road, gotta hope that Loui the Fuck doesn’t go full term
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

theman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:02 am Edler would be a good mentor for our young guys, I would bring him back on the right contract.

Pearson has decent chemistry with Horvat, on the right contract and situation, I would consider it but wouldn’t be too fussed if he left.
Pearson is getting up there, he will be 29 after this season. He’s already a slow player. The Canucks need to get a lot faster up front in the top 9 IMO
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Of those 3 only one I would consider being back would be Roussel. After this season is probably the only time we will be able to get sometime to take on Loui’s cap. Possibly a cap floor team would be willing to take him on just to stay cap compliant.

Depending on what he is asking, I would keep JT. But he doesn’t make the same or more than Petey or Hughes.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:48 am So what current contracts are expiring after this season? I got

Edler - $6,000,000
Sutter - $4,375,000
Pearson - $3,750,000
Baertschi - $3,366,000
Luongo - $3,033,000
Benn - $2,000,000
Spooner - $1,000,000

$24,000,000 total

Do we see anyone in this group coming back? I imagine not with Hughes and Petey’s massive raises happening around the same time these contracts expire. Forwards like Sutter and Pearson will be replaced with entry level type players - Pod, MacEwan, Lind, Hoglander etc. Edler, Benn replaced by - Juolevi, Rathbone, Tryamkin.
Maybe Edler gives a big fat discount (if he still has the game) to his one and only team. maybe wishful thinking.
Pearson knows he's on trial this year. If he's not resigned (for cheap of course), a durable top six lefty will be sought or promoted from our own pool.
"evolution"
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:07 am
theman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:02 am Edler would be a good mentor for our young guys, I would bring him back on the right contract.

Pearson is getting up there, he will be 29 after this season. He’s already a slow player. The Canucks need to get a lot faster up front in the top 9 IMO
Like I said, I would consider it but wouldn’t be too fussed if he left either. Not all our young guys are going to pan out either. Just see how this season goes with him and our young guys and make the decision after.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

theman wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:09 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:07 am

Like I said, I would consider it but wouldn’t be too fussed if he left either. Not all our young guys are going to pan out either. Just see how this season goes with him and our young guys and make the decision after.
I think Lind is very close and Pod will be pushing for a spot at the same time as Lind but both are RW’s although Lind can play centre as well as MacEwan. Hoglander is a wild card, with him being the only left winger of the 3, Pearson’s position. If the Hog comes as advertised then Pearson is done here. RW is still very packed even with Toffoli gone - Boeser, Virtanen, MacEwan, Lind, Podkolzin and Lockwood all right wingers. Roussel and Pearson seem pretty safe here with our lack of natural left wingers in the system after JT Miller and Motte. Pretty much only have Hoglander in that department on LW
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You have to bring Edler back. Still the best all situations D man on the team. All the others can walk, ditto for 2022. Remember in 2023, not only Miller is a UFA, but so is the captain.

I’m wondering when Travis Green will be extended.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:38 am I’m wondering when Travis Green will be extended.
Same. Are the aquas broke or is the gm considering a change?
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:41 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:38 am I’m wondering when Travis Green will be extended.
Same. Are the aquas broke or is the gm considering a change?
Show me year. :lol: Seriously though, I think he'll be extended but there's not really any pressure at the moment.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol at Lind or MacEwen playing centre at the NHL level.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:15 am I think Lind is very close and Pod will be pushing for a spot at the same time as Lind but both are RW’s although Lind can play centre as well as MacEwan. Hoglander is a wild card, with him being the only left winger of the 3, Pearson’s position. If the Hog comes as advertised then Pearson is done here. RW is still very packed even with Toffoli gone - Boeser, Virtanen, MacEwan, Lind, Podkolzin and Lockwood all right wingers. Roussel and Pearson seem pretty safe here with our lack of natural left wingers in the system after JT Miller and Motte. Pretty much only have Hoglander in that department on LW
It will be interesting seeing what Lind can do at this camp, it'd be nice if he could provide a little competition for a RW spot.
I expect Hoglander will replace Roussel if he develops as hoped.