Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:02 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:50 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:25 am So in 8 months, Bo will be too old? Stick a fork in him? 25 you’re done in the NHL
Who said this?
You did. You said Tryamkin is too old.
I did?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:25 am So in 8 months, Bo will be too old? Stick a fork in him? 25 you’re done in the NHL
Who said this?
I did?
Yes, you mentioned “they aren’t young guns”? My take, you’re saying they are old.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:59 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:24 pm
Who said this?
I did?
Yes, you mentioned “they aren’t young guns”? My take, you’re saying they are old.
That’s quite the leap Tiger. Considering I said nobody was old. Lay off the nose candy, you are imagining things. Not to mention your bulbous snout will thank you
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Just admit it, you subliminally said he was old. Next

Tryamkin is 8 months older than Horvat. Bo is an old man too
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Nobody said anything of the sort. But neither of the players I brought up are “young guns”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:27 am Nobody said anything of the sort. But neither of the players I brought up are “young guns”
So you are convinced a players career is over when they are 25 years old?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:40 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:27 am Nobody said anything of the sort. But neither of the players I brought up are “young guns”
This was not said either.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle

Juolevi is 21. He turns 22 in May. He is 6 months older than Elias Pettersson who turns 22 in November and 5 months older than Kole Lind who turns 22 in October. Is Olli and Kole to old now too?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:45 am Doyle

Juolevi is 21. He turns 22 in May. He is 6 months older than Elias Pettersson who turns 22 in November and 5 months older than Kole Lind who turns 22 in October. Is Olli and Kole to old now too?
Who said this?

Lind and to a lesser extent Jonah Gadjovich appear to have made some real strides in his game. That’s great to see.

Anything they get from Juolevi at this point will be a bonus. I just ain’t seeing it yet. Yes injuries have nagged at him but he hasn’t done a hell of a lot when he does play. Every year we keep hoping he takes another step or two but he doesn’t. Might be wise to move him out for another pick or prospect.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:51 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:45 am Doyle

Who said this?

Lind and to a lesser extent Jonah Gadjovich appear to have made some real strides in his game. That’s great to see.

Anything they get from Juolevi at this point will be a bonus. I just ain’t seeing it yet. Yes injuries have nagged at him but he hasn’t done a hell of a lot when he does play. Every year we keep hoping he takes another step or two but he doesn’t. Might be wise to move him out for another pick or prospect.
You have to consider Olli’s untimely 2 injuries in which each required surgery screwing with his training but what needs to be noted is how his last surgery the one on the knee has been causing mechanics issue in his hip now. I feel bad for the kid but you have to take this into account with Olli. He’s still very young. If there were no injuries followed by surgery that screwed up his development time I’d be throwing him off the bus too but that is not the case with him, he’s still a good player. Let’s say this, he’s a forgotten prospect now, if he overcomes the adversity and evolves into a good nhl player, that’s huge for us. He’s still very young
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Canucks prospects to watch: Podkolzin could be among best from 2019 Draft

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/fiv ... al-leader/

“He’s close to being an NHL player right now because of his size and strength. He’s willing to play a physical game, and he has the hands and vision to play with good players. He plays a 200-foot game. He’s a pretty complete player. He’s got one more year left on his contract, and he’s going to honour that and then we’ll see. I think he’s a guy, with the physical skill set and the size and the strength, that can make the jump.”

“First of all, he’s a year older for his draft, so he a little more physically mature and mentally mature. He’s got good hands and skillset, and he protects the puck well. He’s strong for his size. When we get him signed and get him over here and on to the smaller ice, we’ll see where he’s at. But he’s definitely got all the tools to come in and compete in the fall. The way he plays the game and the things he’s good at, we’ll think he’ll make the adjustment.”

“I like Jack a lot. He’s an excellent skater and he’s aggressive with the puck. We think with development he can be a dynamic, real good player for us. He’s one guy who when I’m talking to other teams, his name always comes up. The type of seasons he’s had the last couple of years, everybody’s aware of his game and what he can do. There’s a lot going on in the world right now, obviously, so they’re going to take some time here in the next month or two and decide what they want to do.”

“He was one of the guys that caught our eye (at camp). He was involved in the play all of the time, whether it was with the puck and making plays or without the puck and defensively. We think he can develop into a third- or fourth-line, you know, hard-working player. He can kill penalties and block shots and play good down low, but he still has skill and can make plays with the puck. We’re just waiting to see what happens with the rest of this year, but he’s a guy we’d like to sign and get into the fold next year.”

"Tryamkin is six-foot-eight and 254 pounds and skates well enough to play hockey."

"he was unhappy with the situation in Vancouver, darted home to Yekaterinburg, where he was unhappy there, and now badly wants another chance in North America."
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

KHL@khl_eng
SKA forward Vasily Podkolzin has been out helping volunteers in St. Petersburg to distribute food to vulnerable residents.

https://en.khl.ru/news/2020/04/06/467886.html
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Micky wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:07 am
KHL@khl_eng
SKA forward Vasily Podkolzin has been out helping volunteers in St. Petersburg to distribute food to vulnerable residents.

Could the toque possibly be a nod to his future in Canada?
el rey del mambo
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:40 am
I think people are being obtuse on purpose now. There is a long stretch of years between being a young gun and being over the hill.
These years tend to include the peak of a players career.

Typically young guns are teens or in their early twenties.
Mid twenties to late twenties is when most players peak.
Early thirties is when they cash in or take a pay cut to play for their favourite team or a contender.
Mid thirties is when most players quit, unless they are named Larionov, Jagr or Gordie Howe.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:42 am
Micky wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:07 am
KHL@khl_eng

Could the toque possibly be a nod to his future in Canada?
That's his teams crest I think
If you need air...call it in