Post season wrap up.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Post season wrap up.

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

BoS wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:08 am Patterson seems like he wouldn’t have many peers that think very highly of him.
Drance and Seravalli have both kind of dumped on Paterson for badgering Hronek after he had already fully answered his question, and his first follow up. If you watch the entire exchange and not just the short clip currently circulating J-Pat comes off looking like a complete douchebag.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 4:09 pm
BoS wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 9:08 am Patterson seems like he wouldn’t have many peers that think very highly of him.
Drance and Seravalli have both kind of dumped on Paterson for badgering Hronek after he had already fully answered his question, and his first follow up. If you watch the entire exchange and not just the short clip currently circulating J-Pat comes off looking like a complete douchebag.
He’s always been a douche bag, unfortunately he doesn’t have his buddy Botchford to bail him out. A lot of douche bags came out of the Botchford era, Paterson one of them.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree

Hronek with his arms crossed and head down, angry face, before the question is even asked. You can practically see the steam coming out of his ears.
His answer is snarky and hostile before Patterson doubles down.
Patterson is a dick always but acting like Hronek was fine in this.. I just don't get it. Hronek was a willing participant in making that awkward as fuck.

Of course Hronek can answer however the hell he feels like.. it's his right but man do yourself a favour and meet the media half way..

I do like the "this was disrespectful" comments.. so was it disrespectful asking Petey if he was hurt? How about Ian Cole? I didn't watch all the interviews but I suspect that question was asked even more. The first thing I did was go straight to the Petey interview because I wanted to know if he was hurt and I suspect I wasn't the only one.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

I guess the bottom line is that Hronek sucks at meet the press. He obviously feels disdainful and his body language shows a burning disgust at being there. This is why Detroit and Vancouver kept him away from the media. Not right or wrong, just a guy who does not want to meet the press but has to from time to time.

He looked angry. anti did not take long for him to get snarly. But, reporters know this of him. So why bait him? It wasn't disrespectful to ask him if he was injured. It was disrespectful to ask after he answered and then insist the fans had a right to know. Saying things like we left you alone all season and now you owe us.

But in any event, he is who he is and he will never give a good interview. As a journalist dont provoke the situation.
The only HW the Canucks need
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:15 pm He looked angry. anti did not take long for him to get snarly. But, reporters know this of him.
Wonder how he'll react when he gets lowballed during contract negotiations.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

5thhorseman wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 1:58 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 12:15 pm He looked angry. anti did not take long for him to get snarly. But, reporters know this of him.
Allvin's friends know the lowballer
(Yeah)
The lowballer offers you less dollars
(Yeah)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Who’s got low balls?!?!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Cornuck wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 5:30 pm Rick Tocchet has won the 2024 Jack Adams Award!
Well deserved, nice to see Tocc win. I like the way he coaches as he thinks like a gambler. He'd say things like not wanting to put all the chips in the middle, still lots of time. He's always thinking of the best odds (players and/or strategy) to score a goal or defend on the PK. I remember @ the all-star game, he was chatting with Bieksa on the bench and he named 3 straight players who would score a goal for him before it actually happened. That is great feel for his players, his bench and the game, you just can't teach that shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1qnZqs-eM0

He has also been a great influence on our players like JT Millzy. Millzy was a bit of a loose cannon under the previous coaches, especially Coach B. Tocc was able to rein Millzy in. Millzy then became the emotional leader of the team, became one of the top 2-way players in the league and came off a 100+ point season.
theman wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 12:44 pm Canucks FO % is about to get a lot better.

Manny Maholtra hired to be HC in Abbotsford.
Nice to see Malhotra back. I think when he left our coaching staff, it did hurt us a bit. Hopefully @ camp, he can help some of our younger centres like Aman & Petey to give them some tips to improve in the FO dot.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:59 pm
(Yeah)
(Yeah)
Take a little cut
Take a little cut
Take a little cut and stay-eh?
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 6:16 am
Strangelove wrote: Sun May 26, 2024 2:59 pm
(Yeah)
(Yeah)
Take a little cut
Take a little cut
Take a little cut and stay-eh?
Lowballer saves on cap, yeah
Lowballer takes no crap, yeah
HEY...
____
Try to focus on someday.
dbr
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dbr »

Raile wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 8:45 pm Guess we'll have to agree to disagree

Hronek with his arms crossed and head down, angry face, before the question is even asked. You can practically see the steam coming out of his ears.
His answer is snarky and hostile before Patterson doubles down.
Patterson is a dick always but acting like Hronek was fine in this.. I just don't get it. Hronek was a willing participant in making that awkward as fuck.

Of course Hronek can answer however the hell he feels like.. it's his right but man do yourself a favour and meet the media half way..
This part I'm inclined to agree with. Ultimately I don't care, I'd rather have better players at the expense of ones who know how to keep entitled old media remora placated - but it's clear that Hronek could have offered some something in the way of explanation that probably would have avoided some of the subsequent awkwardness. "If I knew I would have fixed it" is fine, but when it's all that's offered up it's pretty clear he's defensive about his performance.
I do like the "this was disrespectful" comments.. so was it disrespectful asking Petey if he was hurt? How about Ian Cole? I didn't watch all the interviews but I suspect that question was asked even more. The first thing I did was go straight to the Petey interview because I wanted to know if he was hurt and I suspect I wasn't the only one.
How many other players were tacitly accused of lying? I don't watch these things but I would guess the answer is zero, virtually every year.

Guy says he wasn't injured, take his word for it and move on, if you don't believe him then write your story however. But there's nothing to be gained about sitting there going "you sure about that?" like you're fucking Tim Robinson or something. To me it shows Patterson wasn't prepared to do his job. How can you be so incredulous about one of two possible answers to your question?
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

dbr wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 7:08 am .....it's pretty clear he's defensive about his performance.
...or thinks the media Muppet in question is a cunt and is basically telling him to go fuck himself.
DeLevering since 1999.
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

donlever wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 8:31 am
dbr wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 7:08 am .....it's pretty clear he's defensive about his performance.
...or thinks the media Muppet in question is a cunt and is basically telling him to go fuck himself.
I’m more inclined towards him being defensive and still sore how they went out. As others have said, he doesn’t have much patience for reporters to start. He has to know he did not perform to expectations in the playoffs or even a good part of the season after his hot start - in a contract year at that. I would be in a surly mood too, if I were him.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Vancouver Canucks General Manager Patrik Allvin announced today that the club has mutually parted ways with Assistant Coach, Mike Yeo.
Anyone know what his role was?
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Cornuck wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 4:46 pm
Vancouver Canucks General Manager Patrik Allvin announced today that the club has mutually parted ways with Assistant Coach, Mike Yeo.
Anyone know what his role was?
PK
DeLevering since 1999.