Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Re-booted SKYO approved pipe dreams and trade ideas

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 2:18 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:56 pm He plays like there is a giant sized axe floating over his head, waiting for the chaos or sex giraffe to rear its ugly head…
:lol:

:wow:

Wait....whaaaat????
When he flops down at the corner of the blue paint an ineffectively flails with his stick, and the pass goes right through him
= full sex giraffe.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
dbr
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dbr »

Allvin should see if Ottawa will listen on a deal centered around Hronek (sign-and-trade) for Quinn's pal Brady Tkachuk.

Sens have a rookie GM, terrible defense (and aren't scared of offering $8m with term to mid defensemen), Canucks need a scoring forward with a nasty streak.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

dbr wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:18 am Allvin should see if Ottawa will listen on a deal centered around Hronek (sign-and-trade) for Quinn's pal Brady Tkachuk.

Sens have a rookie GM, terrible defense (and aren't scared of offering $8m with term to mid defensemen), Canucks need a scoring forward with a nasty streak.
Whats the plan for the right side D then?

I'd love Brady on the team, he'd be a beast. But top line R side D just aren't available often, and we have no picks or prospects to trade to get one.
dbr
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dbr »

Oh, we'd just go out and hit on 100% of our free agent targets. :lol:

Mikheyev/Hronek/Silovs for Tkachuk/Chychrun

Sign Tanev, Pesce, Myers for no more than $14m AAV combined

Sign Dakota Joshua to 4 years $8m

I thought running an NHL team was supposed to be difficult? :drink:
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

dbr wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:18 am Allvin should see if Ottawa will listen on a deal centered around Hronek (sign-and-trade) for Quinn's pal Brady Tkachuk.
You should post more.

I'd forgotten about the sharp wit.
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Raile wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 10:38 am

Whats the plan for the right side D then?

I'd love Brady on the team, he'd be a beast. But top line R side D just aren't available often, and we have no picks or prospects to trade to get one.
Jalen Chatfield! Hella player! He’s a UFA, shoots right and only 28! Jim Benning saw something in this player.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:30 pm Jim Benning....
...take a guy off ignore.

First fucking post I read.

Foe.
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

donlever wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:34 pm

Foe.
lol, familiarity goes a long way in an ever changing world.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Let's face it, the Balderson's will once again work their magic in the free agent bargain bins. It'll be a mostly brand new supporting cast and with any luck we'll like the next batch as much as we have enjoyed this outgoing group. Life in a cap world.

I still do have a hunch Tyler Myers will be back. He likes it here, and of course the fan base loves their giraffe.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Foe.
Don, did you ever see the Benning impersonator on youtube about 3-4 years back? The guy was freaking hilarious. Sadly, he took all his stuff down. Can't find it anywhere.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:46 pm Let's face it, the Balderson's will once again work their magic in the free agent bargain bins. It'll be a mostly brand new supporting cast and with any luck we'll like the next batch as much as we have enjoyed this outgoing group. Life in a cap world.

I still do have a hunch Tyler Myers will be back. He likes it here, and of course the fan base loves their giraffe.
Chef has one minor request for the baldy newts. Tone down on the trading of draft picks, FFS! Holy hot hell they throw that shit around like it’s going outta style.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:12 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:46 pm Let's face it, the Balderson's will once again work their magic in the free agent bargain bins. It'll be a mostly brand new supporting cast and with any luck we'll like the next batch as much as we have enjoyed this outgoing group. Life in a cap world.

Chef has one minor request for the baldy newts. Tone down on the trading of draft picks, FFS! Holy hot hell they throw that shit around like it’s going outta style.
I agree with that Chef, shit's getting out of hand.

Also, perhaps we could consider shutting off the Russian pipeline Joe Biden style. We're just not getting much bang for our Russki buck, sadly.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:23 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:12 pm

I agree with that Chef, shit's getting out of hand.

Also, perhaps we could consider shutting off the Russian pipeline Joe Biden style. We're just not getting much bang for our Russki buck, sadly.
I gotta say, Chef is starting to get “steamed” with ole Vasilyev Pazlakovin
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Foe.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
dbr
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dbr »

donlever wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 6:23 pm
You should post more.

I'd forgotten about the sharp wit.
Cheers don, it's nice to visit - after about a decade I'm feeling ready to be delusional about this team again, so maybe I'll stick around and wear out my welcome for a bit ;)