Raking Leaves with David Ayers Zamboni

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Raking Leaves with David Ayers Zamboni

Post by Strangelove »

"I had a real good discussion with Mike Babcock before Game 6 about owning the moment and how to push your team through."

- Jim Montgomery, Boston Bruins head coach

The Leaves are of course still paying Babcock a fortune. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:21 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:19 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:16 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:08 pm Berube will not abide with Playoff Nylander bailing on plays to avoid hits.
Lol…your boi Mitch the embarrassment to Hockey Canada Marner will be the one finding himself in Berube’s doghouse not Nylander! 11 million William comes to play post season. Mitch runs and hides along the perimeter, he’s gawd awful…I’d take Nylander on the Canucks any day of the week.

The injured Nylander had 3 goals in 4 games. Mitch the Bitch had 1 goal 3 assists in 7 games. Shameful. Absolutely shameful!
It's not one or the other, it's a bunch of them like I said.

Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Rielly, Liljegren...
If I had my choice of the bunch it’s Nylander 100%. Benning wanted to draft him, but Gilman and his cronies wanted the local kid - Virtanen. Blobbee wanted Ritchie.
Back then rumor had it Mr Aquilini went out to Abbotsford to meet the Virtanen's and brought along one of his mama's fresh baked blueberry pies made with berries hand picked by his best Guatemalan field hand Jesus. I wanted Ehlers myself fwiw but given all of that I knew it wasn't happening.
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:30 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 1:08 pm Berube will not abide with Playoff Nylander bailing on plays to avoid hits.
Lol…your boi Mitch the embarrassment to Hockey Canada Marner will be the one finding himself in Berube’s doghouse not Nylander! 11 million William comes to play post season. Mitch runs and hides along the perimeter, he’s gawd awful…I’d take Nylander on the Canucks any day of the week.

The injured Nylander had 3 goals in 4 games. Mitch the Bitch had 1 goal 3 assists in 7 games. Shameful. Absolutely shameful!

If I had my choice of the bunch it’s Nylander 100%. Benning wanted to draft him, but Gilman and his cronies wanted the local kid - Virtanen. Blobbee wanted Ritchie.
Back then rumor had it Mr Aquilini went out to Abbotsford to meet the Virtanen's and brought along one of his mama's fresh baked blueberry pies made with berries hand picked by his best Guatemalan field hand Jesus. I wanted Ehlers myself fwiw but given all of that I knew it wasn't happening.
I was bouncing back n forth between Virtanen, Nylander, Ritchie and Ehlers. The adjustments were running wild!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 8:48 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 8:30 pm

I was bouncing back n forth between Virtanen, Nylander, Ritchie and Ehlers. The adjustments were running wild!
I was leaning toward taking Ritchie at times myself. Craig Button scared me off Jake.
el rey del mambo
dbr
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dbr »

I don't want to toot my own horn, particularly because I don't usually have strong takes heading into the draft - but in 2014 I figured there was probably not much value in hanging onto that 6th pick. I wanted to trade up for Draisaitl (probably impossible) or down with Anaheim (10, 38, 55) where we probably could have still wasted our pick on Virtanen. That said, I don't know who was on Jim's list between Demko and Tryamkin so maybe we would have just ended up with three busts instead of one.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

Good Leave talk boys....

:thumbs:
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP