Coaching Change? Yay or Nay.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Should Benning try righting the ship by making a change behind the bench? If so with who?

Total votes: 0

Arbour
AHL Prospect

Re: Coaching Change? Yay or Nay.

Post by Arbour »

The point I was trying to make Mëds, albeit somewhat unclearly, is that there were two young players in the system that seemed to fit the stated objectives, yet both were cut. I do suspect that the issue in Gadjovich's case was skating, however from the reports he had worked on that and was continuing to improve and apparently was a competent net front present in Utica. MacEwan, while not possessing blazing speed, could hold hold his own on a fourth line, and in both cases they have the potential to improve, and more importantly were quite prepared to stick up for smaller teammates. Their presence allows for smaller faster forwards in other positions, balance for want of a better word.

Is Chiasson a bad player? No, but at this stage of his career what you see is what you get. I may be reading too much into it but with Chiasson I think Green deferrred to a veteran player, most likely because he offered short term stability, and was less likely to make the mistakes the other two would, reflecting the implicit pressure to win now, rather than gamble with unknown potential which may or may not realize itself in MacEwan and Gadjovich. A sure base hit rather than a double or triple or more importantly a potential strike out.
Zedlee
CC Veteran

Post by Zedlee »

We won! The ship has been righted!

Let's sign Green to an extension and Benning too!

Not. ;) ;)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Arbour wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:01 am The point I was trying to make Mëds, albeit somewhat unclearly, is that there were two young players in the system that seemed to fit the stated objectives, yet both were cut. I do suspect that the issue in Gadjovich's case was skating, however from the reports he had worked on that and was continuing to improve and apparently was a competent net front present in Utica. MacEwan, while not possessing blazing speed, could hold hold his own on a fourth line, and in both cases they have the potential to improve, and more importantly were quite prepared to stick up for smaller teammates. Their presence allows for smaller faster forwards in other positions, balance for want of a better word.

Is Chiasson a bad player? No, but at this stage of his career what you see is what you get. I may be reading too much into it but with Chiasson I think Green deferrred to a veteran player, most likely because he offered short term stability, and was less likely to make the mistakes the other two would, reflecting the implicit pressure to win now, rather than gamble with unknown potential which may or may not realize itself in MacEwan and Gadjovich. A sure base hit rather than a double or triple or more importantly a potential strike out.
Ahhh. :thumbs:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Greener. How’ya liking your Chiasser? Is he all Schallsy and Beags?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau