Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by ukcanuck »

Oh it’s true the Pacific Northwest is white as driven snow however, Seattle is about 10% black so that’s a chunk of money to not want to leave on the table.

The reason I mention Georgia is that that is football country. To boycott the NFL and turn your back on the home team would take a lot of offense.

I still think it’s smart business to try not stir up a hornets nest and make a supportive statement to group who probably already see ice hockey as a cracker sport on a good day.

Uhhh am I allowed to say Cracker ?
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

You're sort of correct, Blacks are 7.9 % of Seattle's population and 6.3 % of Portland's. That is quite a bit higher than I realized. I still think those relatively small numbers contribute to outsized community wokeness though.

But they aren't targeting those people with this identitarian marketing campaign. That is for the consumption of affluent white urbanites. They lap that shit up these days. Black people won't be support the Kraken, realistically. They aren't into following white athletic competitions, by and large.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

I would also note that the black percentage of population appears to be shrinking, no doubt due to the migration of whites from Los Angeles and San Francisco into the Northwest among other places. This trend should have the effect of moving the culture progressively further and further in the direction of woke identity politics. I'm just spitballing here of course, I have no crystal ball.

But I do find this shit interesting.
el rey del mambo
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:05 pm I want some details on “ Roaring Kitty” :mex:
My good man, let me tell you about Gamestop, Wallstreetbets, and why I hope they have Canucks games on the moon :lol:

Roaring Kitty is the wrinkle-brained ape who discovered GameStop, and is also known as DeepFuckingValue, and arguably one of the greatest trolls on Twitter (if you can unravel his jokes within jokes)
MissingElite
CC Rookie

Post by MissingElite »

...and had you blindly no questions asked followed his advice in the past 10 months you'd be a wealthier man.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

MissingElite wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:42 pm ...and had you blindly no questions asked followed his advice in the past 10 months you'd be a wealthier man.
Don, are you a diamond-handed ape as well?
MissingElite
CC Rookie

Post by MissingElite »

Let's put it this way

My kid is a highly active and motivated DT and I have been known to tread in his wake
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:38 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:05 pm I want some details on “ Roaring Kitty” :mex:
My good man, let me tell you about Gamestop, Wallstreetbets, and why I hope they have Canucks games on the moon :lol:

Roaring Kitty is the wrinkle-brained ape who discovered GameStop, and is also known as DeepFuckingValue, and arguably one of the greatest trolls on Twitter (if you can unravel his jokes within jokes)
Well that’s kinda boring. I was hoping it was some tall, sultry, salty old broad in a catsuit with a bullwhip and party favours.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
MissingElite
CC Rookie

Post by MissingElite »

Like Carly Agro ya mean?

8-)

No, dude is pretty much the exact opposite of that.

:lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:52 pm

Well that’s kinda boring. I was hoping it was some tall, sultry, salty old broad in a catsuit with a bullwhip and party favours.
With a giant adams apple and veiny, meaty hands
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:07 pm

Imagine the grip on her Strawb. That must come in handy somewhere...
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:07 pm

Yeah....no.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Elliot Freakman was on the radio, or podcast, today. Not sure which. Apparently he said that the Canucks and Petey are working on a 3 year deal, and negotiations are progressing well, whereas the Hughes contract looks like it will be longer term and negotiations are a bit slower.
Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
·
13m
@FriedgeHNIC
on Pettersson and Hughes contracts : Petey will get done, could be looking at 3 years. They are grinding away, lots of optimism. On Hughes, it is more of a challenge, not same term as Pettersson.

Donnie and Dhali
https://twitter.com/DhaliwalSports/stat ... 7666226179
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Is Hughes going for the Matthews get out of jail fast card?
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:57 am Is Hughes going for the Matthews get out of jail fast card?
If he is, sign him and then trade him when his value is at its max. Don't do what Toronto is doing and let that asset go for free in a few years.