Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by ukcanuck »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:47 am
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:36 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:29 am
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:25 am Jebus - who gets married at 19? Especially when moving to another country and with teammates like JV to show you around town...

Hope you have Laura Wasser's Cell # on speed dial
Probably the only easy way to bring her with him to Canada.
You're probably not wrong.. but WHY?? So young, so rich, living in Van... my brain just doesn't compute this.
That first steady piece of pie has lured many a young man to his doom...Vasily has fallen into the penis-pie trap
It’s a bit of a cunt one might say...
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:29 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:47 am
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:36 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:29 am
JelloPuddingPop wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:25 am Jebus - who gets married at 19? Especially when moving to another country and with teammates like JV to show you around town...

Hope you have Laura Wasser's Cell # on speed dial
Probably the only easy way to bring her with him to Canada.
You're probably not wrong.. but WHY?? So young, so rich, living in Van... my brain just doesn't compute this.
That first steady piece of pie has lured many a young man to his doom...Vasily has fallen into the penis-pie trap
It’s a bit of a cunt one might say...
:lol:
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I just hope Pods wife is more adventurous than Tryamkin's. She should know that he always planned to have a career in Van and she should start toking up to get used to the smell.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:46 am I just hope Pods wife is more adventurous than Tryamkin's. She should know that he always planned to have a career in Van and she should start toking up to get used to the smell.
Exactly - forget about Pod, JB needs to travel to Russia to meet the Mrs. Pod and figure out her likes and dislikes. Also better get in touch with the Vancouver Russian society and have a welcoming party for them.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

2Fingers wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:29 am
Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:46 am I just hope Pods wife is more adventurous than Tryamkin's. She should know that he always planned to have a career in Van and she should start toking up to get used to the smell.
Exactly - forget about Pod, JB needs to travel to Russia to meet the Mrs. Pod and figure out her likes and dislikes. Also better get in touch with the Vancouver Russian society and have a welcoming party for them.
If a guy had the ability to play at the highest level there is and compete for the Stanley cup and a chance at the hall of the game’s greats, including some other world Russian players, but chooses instead a lessor league with lessor players ....

Then I gotta question that guy’s drive and determination.

Don’t want no flakes

Flakes get exposed in the playoffs
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:46 am I just hope Pods wife is more adventurous than Tryamkin's...
    Heh.
    Me too.
    The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
    Cookie La Rue
    MVP
    MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:13 pm
      Carl Yagro wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:46 am I just hope Pods wife is more adventurous than Tryamkin's...
      Heh.
      Me too.
      :lol: Miiiiiiiiiiitten!
      "Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
      Chef Boi RD
      MVP
      MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Does Gillis still have a job if he drafts:

Theodore instead of Shinkaruk
      Karlsson instead Hodgson
      Rakell instead of Jensen
      Kuznetsov instead of Ballard
      O’Reilly instead of Schroeder
      Pearson instead of Gaunce
      “Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
      Cherry Picker
      CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:37 am Does Gillis still have a job if he drafts:

Karlsson instead Hodgson
      Rakell instead of Jensen
      No.
      If he had such foresight, he’d just pick all the winning lottery numbers, live on a private island, and be the owner of the Canucks as a side hobby.
      We are all Snidely Whiplash.
      Meds
      MVP
      MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:08 pm
      If a guy had the ability to play at the highest level there is and compete for the Stanley cup and a chance at the hall of the game’s greats, including some other world Russian players, but chooses instead a lessor league with lessor players ....

Don’t want no flakes

That's just North American hubris speaking. :P

I agree that flakes get exposed in the playoffs though.
      Madcombinepilot
      MVP
      MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Cookie La Rue wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:52 pm
      Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:13 pm
        Heh.
        Me too.
        :lol: Miiiiiiiiiiitten!
        She was a Gem!
        The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
        Meds
        MVP
        MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:37 am Does Gillis still have a job if he drafts:

Karlsson instead Hodgson
        Rakell instead of Jensen
        Do all of those players develop the same way in our system?

The real obvious misses there are Theodore and O'Reilly.

However, O'Reilly, while a decent player, didn't turn into a real force until he had been traded twice and had a stint in Europe. If I recall he had some attitude issues as well. Sure, he put up points, but his emergence as an elite 2-way center didn't happen until he landed in St. Louis.

Ballard wasn't drafted by Gillis, and was actually a reasonable trade at the time. He was a complete bust in Vancouver though because he simply didn't gel with the roster or the coach (one or both?). Gillis failure regarding Ballard was that he didn't move him out when it was clear that he was going to pay a guy over $4M in cap to not be an oft healthy scratch.
        Mickey107
        MVP
        MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Gillis grabbed Ballard when it looked like he wasn't going to get Hamhuis but then that did happen. War of the hip checks.
        Ballard was a dying breed. Didn't appear AV was a big fan. A 4.2 million per loss for MG. :oops:
        "evolution"
        Blob Mckenzie
        MVP
        MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ROR is a decent player? WTF? The guy is a very good player. Top 5 two way centre along with Couturier, Barkov, Kopitar, Bergeron.

He was a great pick by Colorado. Not surprising that team has drafted well for years.
        “I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
        ukcanuck
        MVP
        MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:54 am
        ukcanuck wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:08 pm

Don’t want no flakes

That's just North American hubris speaking. :P

I agree that flakes get exposed in the playoffs though.
        In what way is it hubris ?

Is the NHL not the pinnacle league for ice hockey? Does the K play for the Stanley cup? Is not having your name carved into the cup the ultimate goal of every kid everywhere?

I dunno I can’t even tell you if the K plays for a cup or what’s it’s called. Hardly give a crap to know anyway

Aren’t all the best Russian players in the NHL hall of fame?

Seems more like fact than hubris. If you’re a pro hockey player you want in the NHL but might have to settle for something less if your skills aren’t top notch

If you could play in the NHL but you choose some other league you ought to have your head or heart examined

😜