GDT: Canucks host oil - 7pm - SNP/SNW - May 3

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks host oil - 7pm - SNP/SNW - May 3

Post by Mickey107 »

Ninety seven is a greedy bitch player when it comes to easy points, mm?
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The coiler color guy Jack Michaels is funny as fuck. Its worth watching their feed sometimes
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN- 1-1- EVEN: -Nate Schmidt (5) Snap Shot,- assists: J.T. Miller (24),- Nils Hoglander (12)- 13:04- 1st--- https://streamable.com/guk2m5

VAN -3-2 -EVEN:- J.T. Miller (12) Backhand, -assists: none -17:16- 2nd --- https://streamable.com/ulrbov

VAN- 4-3- EVEN: -Brock Boeser (18) Snap Shot,- assists: Bo Horvat (19)- 16:33- 3rd --- https://streamable.com/pksh08

Team- Shots- Hits- Power Play- Face offs
EDM---- 32---- 13------ 0/1--------- 48.2%
VAN---- 23---- 19------ 0/1--------- 51.8%

McDavid hit on Highmore --- https://streamable.com/5srbk2

Vesey, Ah, Fuck --- https://streamable.com/p9itc1
"evolution"
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:34 pm The coiler color guy Jack Michaels is funny as fuck. Its worth watching their feed sometimes
Didn't he replace Kevin Quinn as the pbp guy this year?

I don't really know why they replaced Quinn, he was kind of dull but competent. The Jack guy definitely had more pizzazz.
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Post Game, Green..about a minute.

Post Game Schmidt and Miller..just over four minutes, over three for Nate. Miller at his snarly best.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:51 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:43 pm :twisted:
"I shall have my revenge!" - Medler

Context though bro:
Strangelove wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:20 pm
Mëds wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:04 am He only has 2 defensemen under contract for next season, and really you can probably say 3 because it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to re-sign Hughes (just don't know how much). However that still leaves 3, and one of them is going to have to be a top-4 guy which is looking like a minimum $6M expense these days.....I mean Myers plays the minutes, but his performance often leaves one thinking he's an elite #5, so you aren't paying a better player less than him.
"You can... probably... say he has 3 defensemen" - Mëds :lol:

Mëds, you counted Hughes' next contract as one of the main reasons for a "cap crunch"

... and then you turned around and didn't count him among your for-sure Dmen.

Can you see how fucked up that is?

I count all the defensemen we need:

Hughes, Schmidt, Myers, Edler, Hamonic, Juolevi, and Rathbone.

Edler comes back on a 35+ contract with performance bonuses.

Games/minutes played would no doubt be big factors in how much he ends up making.

And with 35+ contracts, IF you are right up against the cap with no room to pay the million$ in bonuses

... well that part of the cap-hit can be pushed forward to the next season (when Rooster/Beags/Loui are off the books)

Edler can slide up/down the left side under Hughes, depending on how 6/7 guys OJ and Ratbones perform.

Hamonic has said he wants to re-sign and it's common knowledge there are only a couple of other teams he'd play for.

I'm thinking Benning knows exactly what it will cost to re-sign him and wasn't willing to pay Tryamkin more than that.

I've always thought it would be ONE of Hamonic or Tryamkin.

(well after Hammy got it together after stumbling out of the gate)
I was proving you wrong where you said we didn't have enough defensemen.

I never said "our defence is fine".

Keep at it though, surely you'll have your vengeance someday! :lol:

Ooooh. So context matters when it’s you’re words that have been taken and twisted. I get it now. You want life to be a one way street.....sorry old buddy, reciprocity is a real thing. :P

And for the record the context was just fine.....

You’re the one who said we have all the D we need.

Spin-doctor away. Spin-doctor away.

:lol:
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Mëds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:07 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:51 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:43 pm :twisted:
"I shall have my revenge!" - Medler

Context though bro:
Strangelove wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:20 pm
Mëds wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 9:04 am He only has 2 defensemen under contract for next season, and really you can probably say 3 because it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to re-sign Hughes (just don't know how much). However that still leaves 3, and one of them is going to have to be a top-4 guy which is looking like a minimum $6M expense these days.....I mean Myers plays the minutes, but his performance often leaves one thinking he's an elite #5, so you aren't paying a better player less than him.
"You can... probably... say he has 3 defensemen" - Mëds :lol:

Mëds, you counted Hughes' next contract as one of the main reasons for a "cap crunch"

... and then you turned around and didn't count him among your for-sure Dmen.

Can you see how fucked up that is?

I count all the defensemen we need:

Hughes, Schmidt, Myers, Edler, Hamonic, Juolevi, and Rathbone.

Edler comes back on a 35+ contract with performance bonuses.

Games/minutes played would no doubt be big factors in how much he ends up making.

And with 35+ contracts, IF you are right up against the cap with no room to pay the million$ in bonuses

... well that part of the cap-hit can be pushed forward to the next season (when Rooster/Beags/Loui are off the books)

Edler can slide up/down the left side under Hughes, depending on how 6/7 guys OJ and Ratbones perform.

Hamonic has said he wants to re-sign and it's common knowledge there are only a couple of other teams he'd play for.

I'm thinking Benning knows exactly what it will cost to re-sign him and wasn't willing to pay Tryamkin more than that.

I've always thought it would be ONE of Hamonic or Tryamkin.

(well after Hammy got it together after stumbling out of the gate)
I was proving you wrong where you said we didn't have enough defensemen.

I never said "our defence is fine".

Keep at it though, surely you'll have your vengeance someday! :lol:

Ooooh. So context matters when it’s you’re words that have been taken and twisted. I get it now. You want life to be a one way street.....sorry old buddy, reciprocity is a real thing. :P

And for the record the context was just fine.....

Spin-doctor away. Spin-doctor away.

:lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPa0CiWeoOI
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 9:01 pm You'd like to see a little more juice from Graovac
He is a career AHL player so this is who he is.

Sad that we actually want Sutter and the 2 old dudes back in the lineup.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:07 pm Ooooh. So context matters when it’s you’re words that have been taken and twisted. I get it now. You want life to be a one way street.....sorry old buddy, reciprocity is a real thing. :P
You have just been issued 10 points for admitting you are guilty of twisting statements! :thumbs:

Mëds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:07 pm And for the record the context was just fine.....

You have just been issued 50 demerit points for being found guilty of twisting statements...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:25 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:07 pm Ooooh. So context matters when it’s you’re words that have been taken and twisted. I get it now. You want life to be a one way street.....sorry old buddy, reciprocity is a real thing. :P
You have just been issued 10 points for admitting you are guilty of twisting statements! :thumbs:

Mëds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:07 pm And for the record the context was just fine.....

You have just been issued 50 demerit points for being found guilty of twisting statements...
Nope. Fought 'em in court and the judge threw out the fines.