Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:17 pm
ESQ wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:29 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:59 pm. I just think there is more than our cap that is at issue.
Benning has now come out and said cap wasn't an issue, he was prepared to pay Tree what he was asking, but Tree just didn't want to come to the NHL.

This Todd diamond guy is some piece of work, I've never heard an agent on the media so frequently, but fortunately he doesn't seem to have many other clients.
Well there you go. Benning didn't fuck up after all in this case. The big guy just likes Russia. Damn, there goes the narrative.
This one does not stick to Benning but that narrative will not die so easily.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:59 pm. I just think there is more than our cap that is at issue.
Benning has now come out and said cap wasn't an issue, he was prepared to pay Tree what he was asking, but Tree just didn't want to come to the NHL.

This Todd diamond guy is some piece of work, I've never heard an agent on the media so frequently, but fortunately he doesn't seem to have many other clients.
Well there you go. Benning didn't fuck up after all in this case. The big guy just likes Russia. Damn, there goes the narrative.
That was pretty obvious

Diamond the weasel was just playing both sides to get a better deal for Nikita back home in Russia. Nikita and his wife have no interest in leaving the mothership
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:55 pm

I wonder how much had to do with the team regressing back into a lottery slot. Joining a contender would be more appealing than joining a disaster...even though this is only a temporary disaster :look:
Had zero to do with it. He knows as everyone else not named Doyle and Mëds knows this is an up and coming team
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:27 pm He knows as everyone else not named Doyle and Mëds knows this is an up and coming team
He is unusually tall and seemed quite angry about nothing...like a Mëds/Doyle hybrid love child
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah fuck Tryamkin, I was looking forward to him throwing his fat ass around to crush people lol, but he's being a lil bitch and is probably pussywhipped. adios muchachos.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:20 pm

Yeah fuck Tryamkin, I was looking forward to him throwing his fat ass around to crush people lol, but he's being a lil bitch and is probably pussywhipped. adios muchachos.
I think Doyle is relieved for Benn
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

lol the saviour is now a bum!!

I love it!!!!!! :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What’s wrong with Matthew Tkachuk’s game this year, or is this more like it with the Turtle? And shit fuck whuddup with Pierre Luc Dubios? He stinks! Patrick Laine too. All looking like Jake Virtanen, and making too much money for what you get. I tell you what some. Juolevi might be the best of the bunch.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Laine - 10 goals 8 assists - $6.75 million per
Dubios - 8 goals 12 assists - $6.65 million per
Tkachuk - 10 goals 24 assists - $7 million per

Ouch
Ouch
Ouch

Hell! At least $7 million William has 16 goals 22 assists
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Boeser - 17 goals 20 assists $5.85 million per
Horvat - 16 goals 18 assists $5.5 million per
JT Miller - 11 goals 23 assists $5.25 million per

Laine - 10 goals 8 assists - $6.75 million per
Dubios - 8 goals 12 assists - $6.65 million per
Tkachuk - 10 goals 24 assists - $7 million per

Benning is a bad man
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:20 pm What’s wrong with Matthew Tkachuk’s game this year, or is this more like it with the Turtle? And shit fuck whuddup with Pierre Luc Dubios? He stinks! Patrick Laine too. All looking like Jake Virtanen, and making too much money for what you get. I tell you what some. Juolevi might be the best of the bunch.
:lol:

Yellow Teeth Juolevi will do well to carve out a career on a bottom paring and get 400 games in his career. Terrible pick where he was taken.

As a asside look at the Chychrun kid. He dropped like a stone. People questioned his hockey sense. The kid is a horse like Seth Jones. Right now he’d look damn good as a top 5 pick which is where he was originally projected to go. Scouts may as well post at this board. They’re all idiots like us.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

That'd be funny if the Canucks with some cap space sign July 1st UFA Phillip Danault to Toffoli's contract, 4 years x $4.25M AAV.

Danault is the perfect #3C in the NHL, who can play #2C if needed with his passing wizardry and killer faceoff skills.
6'1 200lbs

Displays plenty of versatility and hockey sense in his game, as he is capable of killing penalties and playing a shutdown role.
He can also line up with quality scoring wingers.

\\Long Range Potential: Versatile, two-way center
Danault is currently getting #2C minutes as the Habs center, and is only behind Shea Weber in total short handed time on ice minutes, he's their top checking center. Wouldn't be surprised if the Habs have to pay him more than Toffoli to keep him around.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 4:44 pm lol the saviour is now a bum!!

I love it!!!!!! :lol:
Yeah, the guy some folks penciled into the 3rd pairing was considered a "saviour" (sic)... by Doyle's strawmen. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 6:40 pm That'd be funny if the Canucks with some cap space sign July 1st UFA Phillip Danault to Toffoli's contract, 4 years x $4.25M AAV.

Danault is the perfect #3C in the NHL, who can play #2C if needed with his passing wizardry and killer faceoff skills.
6'1 200lbs

Displays plenty of versatility and hockey sense in his game, as he is capable of killing penalties and playing a shutdown role.
He can also line up with quality scoring wingers.

\\Long Range Potential: Versatile, two-way center
Danault is currently getting #2C minutes as the Habs center, and is only behind Shea Weber in total short handed time on ice minutes, he's their top checking center. Wouldn't be surprised if the Habs have to pay him more than Toffoli to keep him around.
Danault would actually be a better addition than toffy
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 8:59 pm Danault would actually be a better addition than toffy
They say he turned down a 6-year, $30M contract from the Habs though.
____
Try to focus on someday.