Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:05 pm You have to wonder if some of this Jakey stuff is getting on his old wingman Benny Hutt. I noticed the Leaves scratched him last night. Hutton's position in the league is tenuous enough now that the stench around this could flush him away.

This is turning into a real tinderbox ;)
Benny Hutton - Gillis draft pick
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:01 pm He will be old like your new favourite 5 year contract to 28 year old Lowry

Update after Pearson’s goal last night

Pearson 28 years old $3.25 million 3 year contract 118 career goals

Lowry 28 years old $3.25 million 5 year contract 65 career goals

Doyle was over the moon about the spring chicken 28 year old Lowrys new 5 year contract that pays him the same as Pearson annually (a contract he hated)
It’s adorable that Doc immediately jumps to your defence when I take a poke at you. :lol:

Lowry >> Pearson -I’ll take a solid third line centre who’s faster and mean over a solid 3rd line winger. I didn’t hate the Pearson contract- more shit you made up BTW, because you are unable to debate very well. I do like the Lowry contract though. :mex:
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Pearson - 118 career goals
Lowry - 65 career goals (sea of Granlunds)
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP

Post by Vin Tanner »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:31 pm Pearson - 118 career goals
Lowry - 65 career goals (sea of Granlunds)
So goals for dictates who’s the better player in your world?

You keep parroting the same thing over and over.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I wonder how the Jets will like the 5 year Lowry contract when Pearson’s 3 year contract expires?
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:19 am Tryamkin is a loser.
It's quite hard to argue with that.

Put him in the heap with ol' Kirill Koltsov.

At least we have Podkolzin to break the Russian Curse.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I was excited to get tryamkin back but now I say fuck him
To... Or not..
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Big Baby always thought too much of himself. Good riddance.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

I thought Tryamkin was earnest about a return and the agent said nothing of note to indicate otherwise. WE.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Like I said, I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing the big guy back. He has promise and he may end up as a 30 year with a few good years for another club. The guy want Tanev money. And he wasn't willing to wait until the season was over to see what was in the cupboard.

Of course he used it as leverage to sign in the KHL. That plus they probably put him on the clock too. Sign now for this or wait. He took the security of the pay check in his mother country. I have no problems with that. I just think there is more than our cap that is at issue. I doubt Benning was willing to give him anything close to what he wanted. If it was just 2 million we would have him signed already.

I highly doubt Benning low balled him other than to say until the season is over this is all we have got so be patient. Same thing as he told him last year. But for whatever reasons the big guy is not patient. Perhaps he just needs the certainty to enjoy his off season.
The only HW the Canucks need
CrzyCanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by CrzyCanuck »

whatever no loss

It's not like Tryamkin is already proven in the NHL anyway

We'll do just fine without him. Just like how we don't really need Tiffoli either
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:59 pm Like I said, I'm disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing the big guy back. He has promise and he may end up as a 30 year with a few good years for another club. The guy want Tanev money. And he wasn't willing to wait until the season was over to see what was in the cupboard.

Of course he used it as leverage to sign in the KHL. That plus they probably put him on the clock too. Sign now for this or wait. He took the security of the pay check in his mother country. I have no problems with that. I just think there is more than our cap that is at issue. I doubt Benning was willing to give him anything close to what he wanted. If it was just 2 million we would have him signed already.

I highly doubt Benning low balled him other than to say until the season is over this is all we have got so be patient. Same thing as he told him last year. But for whatever reasons the big guy is not patient. Perhaps he just needs the certainty to enjoy his off season.
I wonder if Benning offered to try and trade his rights to another team or if Tryamkin just didn't want to play in the NHL?

The comments from his assistant coach in Russia certainly wouldn't have helped his bargaining position if he had been looking for much more than the league minimum...

Take care..
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Looks like the coilers and their tiny faced wonder-wanker will be every game forever now. Does any other NHL team have so many almost retarded looking players? I mean just look at that Nurse guy....what the fuck happened? McDork clearly didnt receive enough O2 in the womb for a critical stretch...
If you need air...call it in
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:59 pm. I just think there is more than our cap that is at issue.
Benning has now come out and said cap wasn't an issue, he was prepared to pay Tree what he was asking, but Tree just didn't want to come to the NHL.

This Todd diamond guy is some piece of work, I've never heard an agent on the media so frequently, but fortunately he doesn't seem to have many other clients.
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:54 am Looks like the coilers and their tiny faced wonder-wanker will be every game forever now. Does any other NHL team have so many almost retarded looking players? I mean just look at that Nurse guy....what the fuck happened? McDork clearly didnt receive enough O2 in the womb for a critical stretch...
McDork is trying for 100 point in a shortened season. What a dork, eh?
"evolution"