Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4334
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by ukcanuck »

Cornuck wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:12 am So - is he making more in Russia than he would here? I'm guessing not, but would rather stay where he is 'comfortable'.

At least the other Russian wants to play in the best league.
If this guy figures he’s worth a roster spot and a big league paycheque without paying any dues... or at least a show me year. Then fuck that guy. He won’t be visible when the tough get going in the playoffs- trade his rights
Last edited by ukcanuck on Sun May 02, 2021 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 16185
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Micky »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:35 am Jake may not be guilty here. But there is one thing the kid is guilty of. Being as stupid as a bag of hammers. He shows up to camp looking like Dave Nonis multiple times. He’s partying in a gay bar before the bubble training camp, taking selfie’s while he’s driving etc. Hearing through the grapevine that he was a major douchebag growing up in Abbotsford which is a shame because he apparently has very nice folks.

Regardless of where this goes, it’s probably time to part ways with the player.
It really is. Obviously, he's never gonna shake his head out of whatever cloud it's in staying around the lower mainland. Still have to try and get something for him. He throws up a relatively hopeful season last year, gets his new deal and off comes the mask of any sense of giving his team solid efforts every game. Green has been with him a long time now. Don't think it would have mattered who coached him but how much writing on the wall is necessary to
hit the eject button and save something.
"evolution"
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8916
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:09 am Napkin done in Vancouver. Maybe he did only scratch Jamie Benn's cornea after all...

:look:
Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Nikita Tryamkin has signed in KHL for 2 years.

#Canuck tried to re-sign him but the 2 sides could not agree to terms.

After 2 years, Tryamkin is no longer VAN property.
BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

That is TOOOO funny.

So much for the Benning Gobbler squad's great Russian saviour of the blueline!

I'd love to know what the actual numbers were, but thanks to Jimmy B's cap management I know that what the Canucks could guarantee Tryamkin is probably not nearly what his value is.

Oh my oh my how these things are coming home to roost the last 10 months or so.

I guess it's focus on 5 years from now again hey Doc?
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8916
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Meds »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:17 am Good. The guy was never that good anyways. Very overrated and thankfully won’t miss reading how amazing he was and and won’t miss seeing his name is projected lineups.
He was better than Clipboard Moustache deployed him as, and his game in Russia has been good.

The problem is that everyone who wanted him to come back here were looking at him as a cheap option to patch up the top-4 while contracts fell off the book. The guy has actually had a professional career in Russia, playing for and with ex-NHL coaches and players.

Tryamkin likely would have been an improvement over anyone on our blueline not named Hughes or Schmidt.

Someone needs to hire Elmer a capologist.
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8916
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:18 am
Cornuck wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:12 am So - is he making more in Russia than he would here? I'm guessing not, but would rather stay where he is 'comfortable'.

At least the other Russian wants to play in the best league.
If this guy figures he’s worth a roster spot and a big league paycheque without paying any dues... or at least a show me year. Then fuck that guy. He won’t be visible when the tough get going in the playoffs- trade his rights
Can they even be traded? He just signed a deal in Russia that (I think) would walk him to free agency in any return to the NHL. So any team acquiring his rights would have to find a way for his KHL contract to be terminated if they wanted him here.
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22454
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Vin Tanner »

Meds wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:26 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:17 am Good. The guy was never that good anyways. Very overrated and thankfully won’t miss reading how amazing he was and and won’t miss seeing his name is projected lineups.
He was better than Clipboard Moustache deployed him as, and his game in Russia has been good.

The problem is that everyone who wanted him to come back here were looking at him as a cheap option to patch up the top-4 while contracts fell off the book. The guy has actually had a professional career in Russia, playing for and with ex-NHL coaches and players.

Tryamkin likely would have been an improvement over anyone on our blueline not named Hughes or Schmidt.

Someone needs to hire Elmer a capologist.
The way the guzzlers have been going on about him, he was Zdeno Chara, Larry Robinson and Scott Stevens rolled into one.
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 21021
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah was concerned with Tryamkin’s contract demands. 1 more year to free agency and he can go wherever he wants in the NHL in which I think will be an east coast team. Really don’t think Tryamkin liked this city. I was hoping him arriving the same time with Podkolzin would have been enough to lure him in. Too bad. Oh well......adjustments.
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22454
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Vin Tanner »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:34 am Yeah was concerned with Tryamkin’s contract demands. 1 more year to free agency and he can go wherever he wants in the NHL in which I think will be an east coast team. Really don’t think Tryamkin liked this city. I was hoping him arriving the same time with Podkolzin would have been enough to lure him in. Too bad. Oh well......adjustments.
Probably afraid of getting slugged by Jamie Benn. :mex:
We wan out of da time- James Elmer Benning
User avatar
Micky
MVP
MVP
Posts: 16185
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Micky »

Cornuck wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:12 am So - is he making more in Russia than he would here? I'm guessing not, but would rather stay where he is 'comfortable'.

At least the other Russian wants to play in the best league.
Comfort zone. I think that's exactly it. And a family man now too. My guess is he'll play out his career in Russia. Who knows. For a defense man, he's in his prime right around now. None the less, there may still be a change of heart at some point down the road. Not with us..
"evolution"
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8916
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Meds »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:29 am
Meds wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:26 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:17 am Good. The guy was never that good anyways. Very overrated and thankfully won’t miss reading how amazing he was and and won’t miss seeing his name is projected lineups.
He was better than Clipboard Moustache deployed him as, and his game in Russia has been good.

The problem is that everyone who wanted him to come back here were looking at him as a cheap option to patch up the top-4 while contracts fell off the book. The guy has actually had a professional career in Russia, playing for and with ex-NHL coaches and players.

Tryamkin likely would have been an improvement over anyone on our blueline not named Hughes or Schmidt.

Someone needs to hire Elmer a capologist.
The way the guzzlers have been going on about him, he was Zdeno Chara, Larry Robinson and Scott Stevens rolled into one.
Yeah. It's true.

viewtopic.php?p=411747#p411747
Chef wrote: The additions of the Tree and the Pod are gonna put this team over the top and make this Benning designed product that core group that will bring this organization Lord Stanley once and for all!! Trust me on this. Benning will go down as the GM to finally bring this city lord Stanley!!! Hallelujah!!!
Hmmmm.....
User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 15179
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Upon closer inspection, it wasnt the shoulder that dislocated it was just the shoulder pad therefor his contract offer was rolled back to a more appropriate figure.

Genius!
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 21021
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Chef Boi RD »

ukcanuck wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:22 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:14 am I figure...if there was no covid bullshsit, the team would have translated JVs supposedly successful season last year into a trade return.

It was Jimmys last chance to get something for jake
imagine the opinions of 31 other GMs with far better inside information. I’m going out on a limb here. There was never any “sell high” option. The kid is tainted goods - bad draft pick
The idiot Canuck fan sector for some weird and bizarre reason think that all the other GMs have no clue about all the other teams players and that Jim should be able to highway rob them all in a trading of problem players and if Jim doesn’t score a major return in assets then out come the pitchforks
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4334
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by ukcanuck »

Meds wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:22 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:09 am Napkin done in Vancouver. Maybe he did only scratch Jamie Benn's cornea after all...

:look:
Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Nikita Tryamkin has signed in KHL for 2 years.

#Canuck tried to re-sign him but the 2 sides could not agree to terms.

After 2 years, Tryamkin is no longer VAN property.
BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

That is TOOOO funny.

So much for the Benning Gobbler squad's great Russian saviour of the blueline!

I'd love to know what the actual numbers were, but thanks to Jimmy B's cap management I know that what the Canucks could guarantee Tryamkin is probably not nearly what his value is.

Oh my oh my how these things are coming home to roost the last 10 months or so.

I guess it's focus on 5 years from now again hey Doc?
Shouldn’t pin this on Benning or his gobblers

I doubt that it was the Canucks couldn’t afford the cap space if napkin could walk the walk, but clearly he cannot. The kind of heart and ego it takes to win a Stanley cup and put your name next to the game’s greats would never accept a career in the second best hockey league in the world.
User avatar
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP
Posts: 4334
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by ukcanuck »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:41 am
ukcanuck wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:22 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:14 am I figure...if there was no covid bullshsit, the team would have translated JVs supposedly successful season last year into a trade return.

It was Jimmys last chance to get something for jake
imagine the opinions of 31 other GMs with far better inside information. I’m going out on a limb here. There was never any “sell high” option. The kid is tainted goods - bad draft pick
The idiot Canuck fan sector for some weird and bizarre reason think that all the other GMs have no clue about all the other teams players and that Jim should be able to highway rob them all in a trading of problem players and if Jim doesn’t score a major return in assets then out come the pitchforks
I wonder if Jim gives a toss what fans think. I wouldn’t. I’d do what I thought was right.
User avatar
Meds
MVP
MVP
Posts: 8916
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:51 am
Meds wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:22 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:09 am Napkin done in Vancouver. Maybe he did only scratch Jamie Benn's cornea after all...

:look:
Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Nikita Tryamkin has signed in KHL for 2 years.

#Canuck tried to re-sign him but the 2 sides could not agree to terms.

After 2 years, Tryamkin is no longer VAN property.
BAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!

That is TOOOO funny.

So much for the Benning Gobbler squad's great Russian saviour of the blueline!

I'd love to know what the actual numbers were, but thanks to Jimmy B's cap management I know that what the Canucks could guarantee Tryamkin is probably not nearly what his value is.

Oh my oh my how these things are coming home to roost the last 10 months or so.

I guess it's focus on 5 years from now again hey Doc?
Shouldn’t pin this on Benning or his gobblers

I doubt that it was the Canucks couldn’t afford the cap space if napkin could walk the walk, but clearly he cannot. The kind of heart and ego it takes to win a Stanley cup and put your name next to the game’s greats would never accept a career in the second best hockey league in the world.
It's well known that Jim is in tight with the upcoming contract extensions for Pettersson and Hughes. He just signed Demko to a nice fat paycheque, which means he's committed $9.3M to the goaltending alone for another season. Loui, Beagle, Roussel, Virtanen, and Luongo's recapture add up to $15.5M in relatively dead space. He only has 2 defensemen under contract for next season, and really you can probably say 3 because it's a foregone conclusion that he's going to re-sign Hughes (just don't know how much). However that still leaves 3, and one of them is going to have to be a top-4 guy which is looking like a minimum $6M expense these days.....I mean Myers plays the minutes, but his performance often leaves one thinking he's an elite #5, so you aren't paying a better player less than him.

The key was that his agent said that the Canucks told them what Vancouver was able to commit to TODAY.....and that number can't be very high because there is too much cap uncertainty in Vancity right now. Elmer can't risk not having the space for Pettersson and Hughes because he overspent on something else. Tree wanted a guarantee and didn't want to wait and see if more was available later.
Post Reply