Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ukcanuck wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:22 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:14 am I figure...if there was no covid bullshsit, the team would have translated JVs supposedly successful season last year into a trade return.

It was Jimmys last chance to get something for jake
Personally, it took one mic’d up with Jake video for me to lose any hope for him as a Canuck, the guy is a total moron.

If that is obvious from one fan video, imagine the opinions of 31 other GMs with far better inside information. I’m going out on a limb here. There was never any “sell high” option. The kid is tainted goods - bad draft pick
Sadly this is probably accurate. Still...if dude was pumping in goals there will be a gm or 2 who may take the risk if the ante isnt too dear.....which is probably exactly why Jimmy didnt make it happen. They wanted to steal him or nothing
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jake may not be guilty here. But there is one thing the kid is guilty of. Being as stupid as a bag of hammers. He shows up to camp looking like Dave Nonis multiple times. He’s partying in a gay bar before the bubble training camp, taking selfie’s while he’s driving etc. Hearing through the grapevine that he was a major douchebag growing up in Abbotsford which is a shame because he apparently has very nice folks.

Regardless of where this goes, it’s probably time to part ways with the player.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:35 am Jake may not be guilty here. But there is one thing the kid is guilty of. Being as stupid as a bag of hammers. He shows up to camp looking like Dave Nonis multiple times. He’s partying in a gay bar before the bubble training camp, taking selfie’s while he’s driving etc. Hearing through the grapevine that he was a major douchebag growing up in Abbotsford which is a shame because he apparently has very nice folks.

Maybe the Virtanen experience has helped GM Jimmy become the drafting savant he is today. You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:27 am
ukcanuck wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:22 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:14 am I figure...if there was no covid bullshsit, the team would have translated JVs supposedly successful season last year into a trade return.

It was Jimmys last chance to get something for jake
Personally, it took one mic’d up with Jake video for me to lose any hope for him as a Canuck, the guy is a total moron.

If that is obvious from one fan video, imagine the opinions of 31 other GMs with far better inside information. I’m going out on a limb here. There was never any “sell high” option. The kid is tainted goods - bad draft pick
Sadly this is probably accurate. Still...if dude was pumping in goals there will be a gm or 2 who may take the risk if the ante isnt too dear.....which is probably exactly why Jimmy didnt make it happen. They wanted to steal him or nothing
If this latest dumb dumb manoeuvre didn’t ruin his career completely, I’m sure he’ll get another crack at an NHL roster based solely on his draft position. But that sound you hear is the career toilet being flushed. He’ll be selling carpet in Abbotsford and bullying pylons in the local rec league by the time the Canucks get to another Stanley cup final
Last edited by ukcanuck on Sun May 02, 2021 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:27 am
I wonder if Jake knew this was coming down the pipeline and that explains his shift to shite since the bubble?

Maybe the girl's lawyer contacted him or he had some sort of heads up?

Any ways, he doesn't look worth the effort of rehabilitating at this point. They will keep him to expose him in the draft, but who knows beyond that
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

He'll be reacquainting himself with lipstick in the k if he doesnt lose his passport.

"You called my boys the worst crew ever..."

:lol:

Hes about right in Jakeys fighting sweet spot for competition (5'9 and a half...buck fifty)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:35 am Jake may not be guilty here. But there is one thing the kid is guilty of. Being as stupid as a bag of hammers. He shows up to camp looking like Dave Nonis multiple times. He’s partying in a gay bar before the bubble training camp, taking selfie’s while he’s driving etc. Hearing through the grapevine that he was a major douchebag growing up in Abbotsford which is a shame because he apparently has very nice folks.

Wtf is this guy doing on tinder? and during a pandemic with your team mates all worried for family and shit he takes a tinder date to the team hotel?!

There are these professionals that look after blue balls ffs and on his salary he can just pick up the phone and order one in any age, colour, or gender he fancies. Somebody ought to have told him.

Partying at a “gay bar” before last summers bubble -omg that is just so funny it’s actually sad.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The "incident" is apparently from 4 years ago

The gay bar is not. It shows a man child who will never grow up
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Bad news Chef. Napkins agent is apparently asking for the moon. Negotiations are failing, dude unlikely to sign on.
Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Tryamkin agent Todd Diamond - I told the Canucks what it would take on both a 1 or 2 year term and they told me what they could guarantee today and the gap was just too wide for Nikita.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:53 am The "incident" is apparently from 4 years ago

Him showing up to camp 20 or 30 pounds overweight after boozing and crushing cheeseburgers has happened multiple times. There’s that picture of him wearing skinny jeans that are as tight as the Chef’s spandex.

The guy is a meathead.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:56 am
Mëds wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:53 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:45 pm
theman wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 1:38 pm So I’m guessing is that the Canucks will now have cause to terminate his contract.
"Innocent until proven guilty"

And by the time this plays out, the contract is likely done.
Yeah. All suspicions aside, we have to maintain that innocent until proven guilty mindset. With the way the Liberal left has abandoned facts for feelings in so many areas it is imperative that there be a line drawn on issues like this.

The Roberto Alomar case is not something we want to see repeated in the NHL. Independent investigations and reviews? No thanks. Investigate and try the case in the public court of law. No bowing to social pressure please.

That being said, regardless of the outcome of this, Jake's career in Vancouver is likely over. Perhaps even in the NHL, because unless his accuser comes forward and changes her story to vindicate him I can't see any team offering a contract, in today's culture, to an accused sex offender regardless of what the investigations prove.
Are we enjoying being utterly redundant?

Liberal left ? Did you know that liberals are left of centre not actually left wing

Public court of law ? Did you confuse court of public opinion with actual courts because actual courts don’t give a fuck about your opinion amd so far virtinder hasn’t been charged with a crime.

As for the girl and the woke left, (the me too movement) means she gets to be believed until evidence can be gathered one way or the other.

After an investigation decisions will be made

But in the mean time, I’m picturing Green with his head in hands saying, “when I said we need you to score more, this is NOT what I meant!”
My use of "Liberal left" was not meant Liberals as in the party. The caps on the "L" was a typo.

My comment regarding public court of law was regarding the fact that our laws apply to everyone and transparency in the judicial process is important.....and also that in said court of law "no bowing to social pressure" means to ignore public opinion. This comment was also directly related to the Roberto Alomar case where things have been handled independently by a law firm and not in court.

LMAO @ Green comment. Although Green never wanted Jake to score, otherwise he wouldn't have buried him in the bottom-6 repeatedly.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Napkin done in Vancouver. Maybe he did only scratch Jamie Benn's cornea after all...

:look:
Rick Dhaliwal
@DhaliwalSports
Nikita Tryamkin has signed in KHL for 2 years.

#Canuck tried to re-sign him but the 2 sides could not agree to terms.

After 2 years, Tryamkin is no longer VAN property.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

So - is he making more in Russia than he would here? I'm guessing not, but would rather stay where he is 'comfortable'.

At least the other Russian wants to play in the best league.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 8:01 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:53 am The "incident" is apparently from 4 years ago

Him showing up to camp 20 or 30 pounds overweight after boozing and crushing cheeseburgers has happened multiple times. There’s that picture of him wearing skinny jeans that are as tight as the Chef’s spandex.

The guy is a meathead.
I am mildly surprised at Benning for not pulling the pin on JV much earlier. If there is one thing Jimben seems to look after its team chemistry, and one look at a guy like Miller or Horvat and you just know it’s oil and water to them.

I can just imagine the eye roll at the fat rolls
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Good. Tryamkin was never that good anyways. Very overrated and thankfully won’t miss reading how amazing he was and and won’t miss seeing his name is projected lineups.
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Sun May 02, 2021 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.