LOL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

PG_Canuck
CC Rookie

Re: LOL

Post by PG_Canuck »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:42 pm
PG_Canuck wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:42 pm
Hank wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:40 pm
PG_Canuck wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:30 pm Did Eddy Punch Clock ever post here?
Yeah, EPC was a regular here with Tantalum and a few others. Then they dumped the Corner for HF.

Everyone loved Eddy.
So you guys are aware Eddy passed away then? :(
Yes. Curious. Do you know what of?
Don't know specifically. Really sad though. He was active on HF a couple weeks before he passed away - I'm not sure what to think of it, with that in mind.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

PG_Canuck wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:46 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:42 pm
Yeah, EPC was a regular here with Tantalum and a few others. Then they dumped the Corner for HF.

Everyone loved Eddy.
Yes. Curious. Do you know what of?
Don't know specifically. Really sad though. He was active on HF a couple weeks before he passed away - I'm not sure what to think of it, with that in mind.
Yeah, it just sucked the air out when we heard the news.

Segue (not segway, LOL)... I'm finding it quite funny that some of you guys talked so much shit about HF and the mods (some deserved) that one came over to this thread and we're having the most polite back and forth. Refreshing.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Everyone loved Eddy.
Yeah, we have a thread for him here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11904

Most of us knew Eddy for the better part of two decades, here and at Central.

(the two sites used to be one, but it's a long story)

Posters come and go, but Eddy is the only one who I recall us begging to come back.

Well that's probably because we chased the others away :mrgreen: but Eddy left for reasons unknown.

Although he did come back and say 'Hi' from time to time.

For a while I visited HFCanucks just to read the guy's posts... he's that funny!

Yeah, he was hilarious and we truly did love him...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

It’s stunning to me that there are still idiots out there who still prefer a non guaranteed 1st round pick, somewhere in the mid round, over JT Miller who is clearly one of the games best two way winger/centre at the moment, relatively young and on a great contract. Stunning

I see that the poster boy of the rebuild - Buffalo Sabres lost again last night
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:38 am It’s stunning to me that there are still idiots out there who still prefer a non guaranteed 1st round pick, somewhere in the mid round, over JT Miller who is clearly one of the games best two way winger/centre at the moment, relatively young and on a great contract. Stunning

Miller exceeding his expected ceiling right from day 1 really helps!

In a do-over I'm sure Tampon doesn't make this trade
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:46 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:38 am It’s stunning to me that there are still idiots out there who still prefer a non guaranteed 1st round pick, somewhere in the mid round, over JT Miller who is clearly one of the games best two way winger/centre at the moment, relatively young and on a great contract. Stunning

I think they probably have to. Too many guys with NTC. Miller didn’t have one. They got 5.25 off the books and a 1st and a 3rd. It’s a win win trade. I mean sure they’d probably rather have dealt Gourde but he had NTC. J.T. Miller never got close to this opportunity in Tampa. He has thrived playing here on the top line.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:50 am

I think they probably have to. Too many guys with NTC. Miller didn’t have one. They got 5.25 off the books and a 1st and a 3rd. It’s a win win trade. I mean sure they’d probably rather have dealt Gourde but he had NTC. J.T. Miller never got close to this opportunity in Tampa. He has thrived playing here on the top line.
If they're lucky they might draft a Brendan Gaunce calibre asset with our 25th or later pick

;)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Yeah, Miller was screwed out of his NTC when the Rags traded him to us.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If Buffalo was smart they’d give Ralph Kruger the reins and make him GM as well. The guy is a smart man. They have the two most important pieces in place. They have an elite top 5 centre and an elite future top 5 d man. They need to build around those two kids. Armitage- Drennan was supposed to be stepping in behind Eichel but he looks pretty weak at this point.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:54 am Armitage- Drennan
:lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:54 am If Buffalo was smart they’d give Ralph Kruger the reins and make him GM as well. The guy is a smart man.
Agreed.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:56 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:54 am Ann Drennan
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:57 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:56 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:54 am Ann Drennan
The Dude and Steve Armitage are like relatives. They have both experienced that trench stench.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:50 am

Often overlooked simple point: some trades can be wins for one side and not losses to the other.

I'm sure Tampa would love to have this years JT Miller on their roster. But its not like they need more help. Whatever Miller's absence and Gourde's regression, its been effectively replaces by Cirelli's continued improvement and Killorn's where-the-hell-is-this-coming-from-30-yo-season.

It seems year after year they have another player take a big step. Johnson, then Kucherov, then Hedman becomes an offensive threat, then Point and Gourde, now Cirelli and Killorn. They are doing good things in that organization. It isn't always finding the diamonds later in the draft (like Point and quite likely Cirelli). There questionable longer-term lockups have yet come back to bite them (though there's still time to get hamstrung by Johnson's, Killorn's, and Gourde's, right?).

Moreover, I've been to a few games there, and the building is alive. So you live in the near-tropics with year round beach and golf, the games have energy, you live in relative anonymity, there's no state income tax.... Good deal for the players!
Hono_rary Canadian
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

UWSaint wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:18 pm Moreover, I've been to a few games there, and the building is alive. So you live in the near-tropics with year round beach and golf, the games have energy, you live in relative anonymity, there's no state income tax.... Good deal for the players!
I went to one game there and was impressed - it seems like the Panthers should just try and copy what they're doing. ;) (like it's that easy)