The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by BigTuna »

Topper wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:45 pm
BigTuna wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:16 pm
Topper wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:37 am
BigTuna wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:30 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:18 pm Speaking of excuses....

Andersen? :lol:

Playoffs? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah but he's facing TUkka Rask, the man who's playoff stats are plumetting horribly.
That makes the leaves giving up on him at such an early age even more surprising.

Oh yeah, they had goaltender of the future, Justin Pogge.
Justin Pogge shots. I am heartbroken.
You brought up Rask
I find it interesting there's no worries about Rask that's all.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

If this was an all things bruins thread...... there would be but it’s not
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

rats19 wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:38 pm If this was an all things bruins thread...... there would be but it’s not
It is Toronto's1st round opponent.

If Andersen plays like last year in the playoffs, 100% Bruins win. But will he ever have a .896 save % again? I very much doubt it.
He's going to play a few less games than last season. IMO< he was a little tired.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

10 MILLION william 5 goals 47 games

leaves lose to one of the leagues worst - NYR

Hyman - 19 goals
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

BigTuna wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:30 pm
Hank wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:13 pm Even Eugene Melnyk is ripping Dumbass and Shanny...
“Look, they’re stuck. They’re going to have a tough time winning a Stanley Cup without defence, because they’re hitting the cap. They can’t bring anybody new in. So, they’re stuck. And that’s where you have to be extremely careful."

“Mistakes were made. Somebody forgot about defence.”
Also forgot about goaltending.

Would love to hear Lou and Mark Hunter's thoughts.
I get it. You hate Toronto and love hearing Melnyk say this. The question is, don't you find it a tad hypocritical to have the owner of the worst team in the NHL and NO 1st ROUND PICK, criticizing a team 37 points ahead in the standings?

Want to have a good rebuild, don't trade the 1st overall pick for Matt Duchene. LOL.

And BTW, that Norris candidate on the Leaves was picked 5th overall, and the last two 1st rounders were D that look very good (Lilljegren and SAndin).

Imagine if the Leaves were dead-last with no 1st rounder and their owner criticized a better team? LOL. You've be all over that.

And why would you want to hear Lou or Mark Hunter? They were apart of building this team. Mark Hunter is the reason they have Marner and not Hanifan.
I don't care about what a POS owner Melnyk is or how inappropriate his recent comments were. The point is, which continually goes over your head, is what he said is absolutely the truth.

Even though Ottawa is now a mess and in the beginning of a rebuild, only 2 years ago they were a goal from the Finals. When could you say that about the Leaves? Seriously.

Since Lou wanted to keep his gig and Hunter wanted the gig, I personally would love to hear their real, unfiltered thoughts about this current regime and what has happened since they left (by all accounts, not on great terms)... like losing the poker game with Willy Nilly, still not addressing the goaltending and defence and all the Babcock drama.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Hank wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:16 pm
BigTuna wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:30 pm
Hank wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:13 pm Even Eugene Melnyk is ripping Dumbass and Shanny...
“Look, they’re stuck. They’re going to have a tough time winning a Stanley Cup without defence, because they’re hitting the cap. They can’t bring anybody new in. So, they’re stuck. And that’s where you have to be extremely careful."

“Mistakes were made. Somebody forgot about defence.”
Also forgot about goaltending.

Would love to hear Lou and Mark Hunter's thoughts.
I get it. You hate Toronto and love hearing Melnyk say this. The question is, don't you find it a tad hypocritical to have the owner of the worst team in the NHL and NO 1st ROUND PICK, criticizing a team 37 points ahead in the standings?

Want to have a good rebuild, don't trade the 1st overall pick for Matt Duchene. LOL.

And BTW, that Norris candidate on the Leaves was picked 5th overall, and the last two 1st rounders were D that look very good (Lilljegren and SAndin).

Imagine if the Leaves were dead-last with no 1st rounder and their owner criticized a better team? LOL. You've be all over that.

And why would you want to hear Lou or Mark Hunter? They were apart of building this team. Mark Hunter is the reason they have Marner and not Hanifan.
I don't care about what a POS owner Melnyk is or how inappropriate his recent comments were. The point is, which continually goes over your head, is what he said is absolutely the truth.

Even though Ottawa is now a mess and in the beginning of a rebuild, only 2 years ago they were a goal from the Finals. When could you say that about the Leaves? Seriously.

Since Lou wanted to keep his gig and Hunter wanted the gig, I personally would love to hear their real, unfiltered thoughts about this current regime and what has happened since they left (by all accounts, not on great terms)... like losing the poker game with Willy Nilly, still not addressing the goaltending and defence and all the Babcock drama.
Are you still going on about Nylander? LOL. It's only 6.9 million.
I know you think Lou is so much better than Dubas and Lou wouldn't have given Nylander 6.9, but Lou gave Marleau 6.3 million per until he's 40 and Zaitsev 4.5 million per for 7 years. That's 10.8 million against the cap. Who cares about a 22 year-old blue chip forward getting 6.9 million?

Muzzin was traded for. You seem to have forgotten.

And tell me what the truth is? Melnyk claimed Toronto "Forgot" about drafting D during the rebuild. The last 2 1st rounders were DMen. Rielly was picked 5th overall and is a true Norris contender. Do you know how good Sandin looks right now?

Dubas won a Calder cup, signed the biggest UFA of any GM in at least 12 years, added Muzzin on D, and has made some terrific depth signings for next season. He's been in the job for 9 months. LOL. In his 1st season the team is 6th overall and is 3rd in goal diff. Fire him, right? LOL

And also, let me guess, Toronto made a HUGE mistake picking Dubas over Hunter, right? Have you notice Hunter never gets ANY interviews for jobs from ANY NHL team. Anytime the leaves got a call the last 3 years it was to speak to Dubas.

Marleau 6.9 million per. Thanks Lou.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:53 pm 10 MILLION william 5 goals 47 games

Leaves lose to one of the leagues worst - NYR

Hyman - 19 goals
6 of Hyman's 19 goals are empty netters. He leads the NHL. He threatening Bure's record of 9 in a season.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

You guys loved the Marleau when you signed him. Just like you'll love (to boo) pajama boy when that contract start looking terrible.

Why don't you gloat about all the recent Leaves wins like you like to come here to do. Oh wait...

You guys can't smell the stink of your own shit. Your media is praising the effort, D and goaltending after getting shut out 3-0. LOL!

That tells you how shitty it really is... like what Melnyk is telling you guys.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Maybe the leaves are tanking out for a wild card to avoid Boston in the first round?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The leaves are all party boys who love the long summers off at the lake in their laff pajamas. They've done enough time for beers
If you need air...call it in
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Hank wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:54 pm You guys loved the Marleau when you signed him. Just like you'll love (to boo) pajama boy when that contract start looking terrible.

Why don't you gloat about all the recent Leaves wins like you like to come here to do. Oh wait...

You guys can't smell the stink of your own shit. Your media is praising the effort, D and goaltending after getting shut out 3-0. LOL!

That tells you how shitty it really is... like what Melnyk is telling you guys.
Tavares will be 3 years younger when his contract ends than Marleau was the day he signed his 3 year deal.

But you aren't answering the question. Toronto is screwed because of the Nylander deal. Dubas is a moron! Should have kept Lou. Look at his signings...

10.8 million combined for Zaitsev and Marleau.

And look at Mark Hunter. So much better than Dubas. Look at the teams calling to hire him...

If Lou stayed as GM we would have Leo Komorov for the next 4 years getting more TOI than Matthews.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:03 pm The leaves are all party boys who love the long summers off at the lake in their laff pajamas. They've done enough time for beers
The Babcock losing control of his boyzes
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Right, Tuna. They were all a team when they drafted, but Marleau and Zaitsev was strictly Lou :roll:

Hunter is a shortlist candidate. There are only so many teams out there. You know that right?

What's Babcock doing with all his money?

Lou is doing great in NYI. Massive turnaround, without pajamas and with turds like Martin and Komarov. Leo is someone your soft and wussy Leaves could use right now.

You were raving about these signings when they happened. You were raving about all the grit and toughness you had when they were here. Oh, Shanny, Lou, Hunter, Dubas... the greatest management team ever assembled. You praise them when they were here, then you rip them and their work when they're gone.

Typical front-running, paper bag wearing and jersey tossing Leaves fan.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Hank wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:16 am Right, Tuna. They were all a team when they drafted, but Marleau and Zaitsev was strictly Lou :roll:

Hunter is a shortlist candidate. There are only so many teams out there. You know that right?

What's Babcock doing with all his money?

Lou is doing great in NYI. Massive turnaround, without pajamas and with turds like Martin and Komarov. Leo is someone your soft and wussy Leaves could use right now.

You were raving about these signings when they happened. You were raving about all the grit and toughness you had when they were here. Oh, Shanny, Lou, Hunter, Dubas... the greatest management team ever assembled. You praise them when they were here, then you rip them and their work when they're gone.

Typical front-running, paper bag wearing and jersey tossing Leaves fan.
For what team? He's never had an official interview anywhere. You do know Toronto was contacted for permission to speak with...Kyle Dubas 4 times prior to naming him GM. No one asked to speak to Hunter once.

https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2017/05/ ... avalanche/
(Colorado was about to offer Dubas the GM role and Toronto stopped the process).

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/2017 ... leaves-news (Notice Mark Hunter mentioned nowhere)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ari ... yle-dubas/ (Coyotees wanted Dubas instead of CHayka)

Once Islanders don't have .930 save % goaltending they are screwed. Guaranteed there's a massive regression next season.

And funny how every signing Dubas makes is on him yet you want to find a way to say Lou's signings weren't only him.

Wants to place bets on who finishes higher in the standings next year, Toronto or Long Island.? Islanders actually have a crappier D than the leaves do. They are worse in every category. No .930 % goaltending next season. No playoffs!

Ever notice I am the only one on here to show actual facts to back-up my argument? You ladies don't watch hockey. I am convinced.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BigTuna wrote: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:50 pm
herb wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Toronto got boned hard in the trade for One Ball Yellow Teeth .
So hard, and I'm so happy they don't have 22 year old, point per game center, Tyler Seguin.
Points are a mickey mouse stat.
:lol:
If you need air...call it in