Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospects'14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Betamax
CC Veteran

Re: Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospect

Post by Betamax »

Boston Canucker wrote:I'd be more comfortable dealing Tanev or Corrado plus say Hansen (or similar plug and play forward) + #6 pick for # pick than putting Jensen or Gaunce in that deal. Jensen had his first real burst on to the scene, and shows real potential as a sniper, and Gaunce has been buried in depth chart by Horvat, but I suspect Benning will want to keep him, a big body, young guy who could be perfect for the 3rd line role - smart player, not maybe a top 6 guy but if you got Reinhart, and had Reinhart, Horvat, Guance down the middle for the next 5-10 years, that could be a bright future.
Uh, the gap in age on defense to NHL potential/capable players is greater on D than it is with F, so I'd rather them move a Jensen or Gaunce over a Tanev (especially, since he's proven he can play in the NHL).

Regarding Gaunce, according to Botchford, they project him to be a bottom six winger, see https://twitter.com/botchford/status/474642365752160257

:mex:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

"Garrison might have more value than Edler" - Strangelove. ROTFLMAO
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Betamax
CC Veteran

Post by Betamax »

RoyalDude wrote:The Islanders, Oilers and Panthers need to start winning. Fortunately for us, Kevin Lowe lives for high draft picks and loves tanking cause he still thinks he can recreate the Gretzky era in Edmonton again.

The Islanders should be totally open for business but thanks to ole players agent making like a players agent and taking care of his players with NTC's, the likes of Kesler will not waive to got their. Same goes for Florida.
I wonder if Kesler would waive his NTC to go to the NYR? Even with his issues with AV, the fact that they made it to the SC Finals might open his eyes ... let alone the potential endorsement opportunities that NYC can bring. :mex:
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Why not Hamhuis instead of Garrison or Edler? Tanev is most like Hamhuis and could take up that spot rather than Edler's or Garrison's.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BurningBeard
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by BurningBeard »

RoyalDude wrote:he still thinks he can recreate the Gretzky era in Edmonton again.
He's going to need a lot more cocaine...
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
dbr
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dbr »

Topper wrote:Why not Hamhuis instead of Garrison or Edler? Tanev is most like Hamhuis and could take up that spot rather than Edler's or Garrison's.
I think most assume Hamhuis won't waive.

I'd agree though, and he may have the highest trade value of any of them (in addition to being the oldest after Bieksa).
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Rumsfeld »

dbr wrote:
Topper wrote:Why not Hamhuis instead of Garrison or Edler? Tanev is most like Hamhuis and could take up that spot rather than Edler's or Garrison's.
I think most assume Hamhuis won't waive.
Yeah. Also, I think he's the best guy to keep around to mentor the young'uns.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Betamax
CC Veteran

Post by Betamax »

Hamhuis is a guy that they might consider moving at the TDL this season or next if they aren't in the Playoffs picture to a contender. But right now, they are operating on the assumption that they are going to make it. I think the reason why Garrison's name is mentioned is that of the three BC NTC boys (Bieksa is a transplanted BCer essentially), Garrison seems like the one guy that would waive his NTC right now to go back to his former team FLA. :mex:
The Brown Knight
CC Veteran

Post by The Brown Knight »

Hamhuis is our best defenseman in my opinion. He's also the type of guy you want mentoring the next generation. Why not keep both Hamhuis and Tanev?
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
herb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by herb »

Jim Benning has guaranteed that the Canucks will use the sixth overall pick (as opposed to trading it).
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

herb wrote:Jim Benning has guaranteed that the Canucks will use the sixth overall pick (as opposed to trading it).
Source???

I guess that doesn't preclude him still trying to get a higher pick,but that will be quite the rabbit to pluck out of his hat.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
herb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by herb »

^ Mark Spector on Twitter.
Jovocop
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Jovocop »

Lancer wrote:
herb wrote:Jim Benning has guaranteed that the Canucks will use the sixth overall pick (as opposed to trading it).
Source???

I guess that doesn't preclude him still trying to get a higher pick,but that will be quite the rabbit to pluck out of his hat.
Mark Spector ‏@SportsnetSpec
Jim Benning guarantee on Vancouver's No, 6 pick. "We're going to be using that pick." You can bet he won't trade No. 36 either.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Using the pick for what?

To trade up? Down? For an established player?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Lancer
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Lancer »

Topper wrote:Using the pick for what?

To trade up? Down? For an established player?
It's all in how you can parse those words, I guess. I wager something is being cooked up, Benning's veiled speech notwithstanding.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.