My Truck...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: My Truck...

Post by SKYO »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:22 am Haha yeah for sure I have taken the wife's minivan down FSRs a few times before I got back into a truck. Had to take it slow as on freshly graded roads I've seen regular car tires get totally shredded before the driver even notices they have a flat, lol. Anything to get away from all the people!

Taco is at 200K and although I usually drive my vehicles till the end, I'll probably swap it for a full-size sooner rather than later as the kids turn into teenagers. Hence watching this thread to hear some opinions. I too prefer Jap crap for reliability, may even try a Nissan or even splurge on something new for the first time in my life ($$$$).
Tesla:

Image aha
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:29 am My taco is shit. It was built to take the family to the ski hill on the weekend not for serious off road play or off road work.

I've replaced bumpers, suspension and I'm about to put a new clutch and 4wd actuator in it at 300K kms. I have gotten crap for service from Toyota on it. Had problems with recall service being done correctly. The 4 litre 6 banger is under powered and the 6spd manual doesn't go low enough unless you switch to low range.

I'd have no problem giving Toyota a giant Fuck You when I go truck shopping again.
Unless the bumper is simply falling off at random, I'd say that's got more to what it's hitting.

The clutch, well that's probably because you don't know how to drive a stick.....or maybe because you're using it to pull F350's out of the mud. :lol:

I've known plenty of people who have owned Taco's, and they all have loved them. None of them bought them to be work trucks though.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Topper wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:41 am Hilux - Ranger - Tacoma is the timeline. I'd like to import my Hilux one day.

Not much else available in the class. Frontier, Colorado, Dakota all lagged much further behind.

Coming out of the Cariboo the other day I had to stop in 100 Mile to scrape over an inch of baked mud out of my wheels that was fucking up the balance. Today's job is to take each wheel off individually and hit the underside with the pressure washer.

Drillers are saying they had to climb under their F350's to knock mud off the linkages to the they could move in the morning. Can't wait for the daily freeze thaw cycles.

Sounds like 5 and dime needs a mini van, not a truck.
So basically you prefer the little trucks that are made for girls. Fair enough. Can't be surprised when they don't take a heavy pounding.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

5thhorseman wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:22 am Haha yeah for sure I have taken the wife's minivan down FSRs a few times before I got back into a truck. Had to take it slow as on freshly graded roads I've seen regular car tires get totally shredded before the driver even notices they have a flat, lol. Anything to get away from all the people!

Taco is at 200K and although I usually drive my vehicles till the end, I'll probably swap it for a full-size sooner rather than later as the kids turn into teenagers. Hence watching this thread to hear some opinions. I too prefer Jap crap for reliability, may even try a Nissan or even splurge on something new for the first time in my life ($$$$).
The 2020 Titan's are really nice. However the price tag is insane for the Pro4X. Dealer in PG told me their cost was $68K. I bought mine new in 2012 for $45K at the end of the year, and they knocked $10K off because it was year end (cuz you know they like to give us customers deals that hurt them lol).

I could probably get the 2020 model for $70K. Not sure how they figure the new trucks are worth $25K more though. I'm not buying a new truck again.

Bought the wife a 2020 Pathfinder Rock Creek SL. It's nice. Basically a glorified mini-van with intelligent 4WD. That cost us $45K with rebates. I won't be buying a new truck again unless I hit the lottery or strike gold in stocks. How do you justify around half a year's salary for a depreciating asset? Besides, the truck is a tool now. The family wagons get priority for the next 15. :P
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mid size trucks are for fluffy guys that are afraid to drive a full size rig. Shouldn’t even call those things a truck. Motorized fucking shopping buggy is what it is.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Reg cab 4x4 long box chevys are the way a truck should be. If you need more seats than that youre rolling with too many people anyway....go buy a minivan.

A stetson on the dash and at least a half dozen empty cans falling out every time you open the door is also part of the ensemble
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:03 pm Reg cab 4x4 long box chevys are the way a truck should be. If you need more seats than that youre rolling with too many people anyway....go buy a minivan.

A stetson on the dash and at least a half dozen empty cans falling out every time you open the door is also part of the ensemble
You forgot the gun rack in the rear window.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Mëds wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 6:19 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:03 pm Reg cab 4x4 long box chevys are the way a truck should be. If you need more seats than that youre rolling with too many people anyway....go buy a minivan.

You forgot the gun rack in the rear window.
And the set of bull horns on the front and a pair of tennis balls in a sack hanging below the trailer hitch :lol: .
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:22 pm Mid size trucks are for fluffy guys that are afraid to drive a full size rig. Shouldn’t even call those things a truck. Motorized fucking shopping buggy is what it is.
OMG do you have to troll the truck thread too?! Get a life man! 😄
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I work in the bush, don't usually carry much of a load more than 800lbs in the box. But I go places others would only think of going with a quad.

Just built this road a few weeks ago

A few from over the years.

Drillers were accessing the drill with a D7 because their F350's couldn't get there.

Roughly 1000lbs of rock in the box.

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Yesterday at work

This morning

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Greasy road holy fuck. Climbing is one thing but sliding down that shit is worse
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:34 am Greasy road holy fuck. Climbing is one thing but sliding down that shit is worse
The 6-8 inches of mud on top is loose and sloppy enough to flow.

4L and let it walk itself down and up

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:41 pm

Tesla:

Image aha
Sorry SKYO that's not a truck. That's something from the cartoons my kid watch.

I hate domestics so it will probably be a Titan or Tundra. I don't really care about gas mileage.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Maybe you guys living further north need to consider this option:

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."