The "dchrist2" thread

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

The "dchrist2" thread

Post by Cornuck »

Hey dchrist2 - you've posted before, but it's been FOREVER!! You're hear almost every day hanging out with qubikal it seems. ;)

Let us know you're still human not some demon-cyborg tracking us.

Last post: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:29 pm
Last active: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:27 am
Total posts: 6
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: The "dchrist2" thread

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Dchrist2 the rescue...thank ya jesus
If you need air...call it in
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

DeChrist ... must be black Jesus.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dchrist2 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:37 pm
Southern_Canuck wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:32 pm OK, let's hear some bold predictions!

Here are mine - although they are not all bold... in fact some may seem obvious. But others might be a little bit of wishful thinking, and some, I know, will put me on an island.

Predictions for 2011-12

1) With the departure of Christian Ehrhoff, the Canucks’ powerplay descends to the middle of the pack in the NHL.

2) After Raymond’s recovery from his back injury, he can’t regain his skating speed, and languishes on the 4th line and in the press box for the duration of the year. The Canucks do not qualify him and he becomes an UFA - so the Boychuk hit essentially ends his career.

3) The Canucks struggle during the season, but are still the top team in an awful NorthWest Division, so they get the 3rd seed in the West.

4) After taking criticism in the press, it gets to the point where Luongo refuses to speak to the media at all. Schneider steps in to talk to reporters, but does all of his interviews in a Jannik Hansen voice.

5) At the trade deadline, Gillis deals Hodgson and Schneider for Parise and Hedberg.

6) Ballard continues to struggle as a Canuck, and is eventually traded along with a 2nd round pick to the Coyotes for a 7th round pick. Sulzer and Rome fill in admirably. (you knew that was coming)

7) When Kesler recovers from surgery, Higgins/Kesler is reunited and they produce 60 goals between them.

8) Samuelsson recovers from injury, but can’t regain his 30 goal form, and plays out his contract bouncing between the 3rd and 4th line.

9) Schroeder is called up, and sticks as a winger on the second line with Higgins and Kesler... until Parise arrives, then he is sent back down to Chicago.

10) Sturm-Malhotra-Hansen becomes known as the best 3rd line in hockey, with Sturm and Hansen each scoring 15 goals, and Malhotra back among the leaders on faceoffs.

S_C
:D

Only 6 posts, but enough to see you're a solid poster.

You lurked at Central as well, that's a lot of lurking right there!

Please join my gang and help us thwart Blob at every turn (when he returns). 8-)
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

C’mon man 8-)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
dchrist2
AHL Prospect

Post by dchrist2 »

Wow, this was quite unexpected....

Yes I am not some demon-cyborg, just a career lurker. I love most of the insightful conversation that happens here, but am really not fond of the personal attacks and back-and-forth that derails most threads.

I wish I had more to add to the community. I used to follow the Canucks insanely closely up until the 2011 finals, but ended up having way too many kids and haven't watched more than a handful of games since. I mainly follow the team through the updates here, watching for the day the Canucks rise again. I did watch last year's playoffs and thought the team was on the way back up. This year has been disappointing (scintillating insight, I know).

It's nothing personal, I just don't post much (actually at all) anywhere. I don't value my opinion very highly, especially on a subject I'm no longer an expert on, and I have no more insight on team than anyone else so I prefer not to have my babble drowned in the sea of discourse, but do enjoy hearing others who are so-called experts (more than I anyway).

Thank you for calling me out, I hope this reassures you all of my benign nature. I promise if I ever have anything to add I will.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

dchrist2 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:02 pm
Yes I am not some demon-cyborg, just a career lurker. I love most of the insightful conversation that happens here, but am really not fond of the personal attacks and back-and-forth that derails most threads.
We can never be too sure these days, so it's good to check on our lurkers from time to time. :D

Glad we can be of service, and pop in with some comments (GDTs are safe) when the playoffs roll around in a month or so.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dchrist2 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:02 pm not fond of the personal attacks and back-and-forth that derails most threads.
But Blob needs thwarting damnit!

J/K, I guess it may have gotten out of hand somewhat.

(Micky's fault?)

But I think folks are just trying to create their own fun until Canucks start creating it for them again.
____
Try to focus on someday.
dchrist2
AHL Prospect

Post by dchrist2 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:22 pm
dchrist2 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:02 pm not fond of the personal attacks and back-and-forth that derails most threads.

(Micky's fault?)

But I think folks are just trying to create their own fun until Canucks start creating it for them again.
I totally get it, which is why I just roll my eyes and scroll by rather than complaining about it :D

Thanks again for reaching out, I do love this community even if i don't participate in the traditional way!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

dchrist2 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:52 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:22 pm

(Micky's fault?)

I totally get it, which is why I just roll my eyes and scroll by rather than complaining about it :D

Thanks again for reaching out, I do love this community even if i don't participate in the traditional way!
Just know that your sanity will be welcomed at any time you choose :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ya we're gonna need you to lay into Vin Tanner Pearson at least once to show your loyalty...
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Hey thanks for checking in D :D
el rey del mambo
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

dchrist2 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:02 pm follow the Canucks insanely closely up until the 2011 finals, but ended up having way too many kids and haven't watched more than a handful of games since
baubles MS has smaller hands
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dchrist, just ignore Blob aka Doyle aka Vin. He’s just a miserable Gillis Bros.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau