The Munchies / Snackin' thread. Sponsored by the Wiz

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: The Munchies / Snackin' thread. Sponsored by the Wiz

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Cornuck wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:25 am Pretzels are my "go to" snack - when I need a quick handful of something in the afternoon. There's a brand from South Dakota that is really good, "Dot's" - I doubt you see them up there, but worth looking for if you're south of the border in the future.
Those Schneider of Hangover mustard flavour are pretty good except for the sticky fingers
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Danish chef I studied under and later became friends with treated me to a Danish lunch of a variety of cured herring, a couple of cheeses and different breads, lots of beer and a few shots of schnapps he was making from some moonshine he'd acquired.

Damn it was good.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:29 am
Cornuck wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:25 am Pretzels are my "go to" snack - when I need a quick handful of something in the afternoon. There's a brand from South Dakota that is really good, "Dot's" - I doubt you see them up there, but worth looking for if you're south of the border in the future.
Those Schneider of Hangover mustard flavour are pretty good except for the sticky fingers
Wife brought home pant butter stuffed pretzel bites that are fucking gross
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

The Danes have one of the very best pastries in the world. I am ruined for life after trying actual "wiener bread" in Copenhagen. Its truly one of the best desserts in the world

Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Topper wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:44 am Danish chef I studied under and later became friends with treated me to a Danish lunch of a variety of cured herring, a couple of cheeses and different breads, lots of beer and a few shots of schnapps he was making from some moonshine he'd acquired.

Damn it was good.
Sounds like very traditional Scandinavian fare. And as soon as you bring out the pickled herring, aquavit is more or less mandatory. It’s a good combo. The salty fish really helps make the beer and schnapps disappear down your throat.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:02 am
Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:22 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:01 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:31 pm
Topper wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:59 pm Ketchup chips are disgusting.
They're an acquired taste. :D
Did some one mention my name ;)

I know that people love ketchup chips even in the UK

But I never could see the attraction. Dip regular plain in actual ketchup?
I don't like dips much.

I like my chips dry and crunchy (the way God intended them).

Also ketchup has vinegar in it and I'm not a fan of dat dere.

And I'm guessing the chips have other seasonings and extra monosodium glutamate.

But the biggest thing is, other chips disappear but no one ever steals my ketchup chips!
Ah could that be people stay away from chemical and oil coated finger food while wearing their favorite party dress?

I know I stick to beer and pretzels so I don’t absent minded my wipe red oily powder on my jeans when I’m out ?
Pro tip: Lick your fingers real good and then wipe them on your undies... Wipe your mouth on the inside of your shirt... Party on.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:23 am There used to be a fantastic authentic mexican restaurant at the corner of boundary and hastings. As I was leaving there one night the Mexican owner says to me "senor, you drink tequila just like a mexican"

We went back to my pad on capitol hill and were playing living room football and i made a diving catch and fell behind the couch where i instantly passed out upside down...i woke up puking 10 minutes later

Thats about the time when the ex started to hate me i reckon lol
DAMN! :D

She wasn't good enough for ya Wiz...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:48 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:23 am There used to be a fantastic authentic mexican restaurant at the corner of boundary and hastings. As I was leaving there one night the Mexican owner says to me "senor, you drink tequila just like a mexican"

We went back to my pad on capitol hill and were playing living room football and i made a diving catch and fell behind the couch where i instantly passed out upside down...i woke up puking 10 minutes later

Thats about the time when the ex started to hate me i reckon lol
DAMN! :D

She wasn't good enough for ya Wiz...

No shit eh :)

Some guys get all cranky and violent and shit on tequila.

Stretching out for the touchdown pass in the living room and landing upside down out cold in your own vomit is just adorable.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

If anyone ever finds themselves in Edmontoilet, i highly recommend this place:

http://www.koutouki.ca/

I know true foodies scoff at greek cuisine but dope smoking grub lovers like yours truly fuckin love that shit!

They really put on a wicked sampler plate for only 40 bucks. I was stuffed for like 24 straight hours