We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:37 pm to live there is by definition being a bubble that effects everyone in it.
Fuck i just finished my post stretch smoko and i must have read and re-read that sentence a dozen times...at about try number 6 i started reading it in Mahatma Ghandi's voice (the Ben Kingsley version though, the real MG was so shrill...)

Wait, where was i going with all this
If you need air...call it in
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Mëds wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:56 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:21 pm The masks thing. It does work, a hanky will work because it’s not intended to protect the wearer. It’s designed to keep your cock gobbler covered and to yourself. As you say it’s spread through the air so if you keep your goddam gob covered it reduces the risk to people FROM you.

And that’s exactly what it’s intended to do Mitigate risk. Nothing more. Did you miss that day in EMT school? Were you out back with ol Suzy rotten crotch that day?
Couple excerpts here.....

Humans produce droplets in various ways (e.g. sneezing, coughing, singing) and these droplets vary in size. Large droplets (> 5 µm) comprise most of the volume of expelled respiratory droplets and they tend to fall rapidly to the ground. Droplets smaller than 5 µm are referred to as droplet nuclei and may remain suspended in the air for significant periods of time and move with air currents.

Particles under 0.3 microns have so little mass the actually bounce around like pinballs when they hit gas molecules, so they move in random zigzag patterns. This is known as Brownian Motion.

The Covid virus ranges in size from 0.06 to 1.4 microns (I guess when it hits adolescence it really takes off?). This means that it has the potential to escape even a N95 mask, but it also means that it will easily pass through a regular mask.....and if it gets deflected up and around the side of your head, well it's now going to bounce around in the air for quite a while. Even droplet borne which are up to 5 microns in size will remain suspended in the air.

So masks can prevent some droplet borne transmission, but airborne transmission is another animal.

The masks are not effective, it's the social distancing that was effective.
Also

It absolutely mystifies me how anyone can sit there and say that public health is a personal choice.

It’s in the name PUBLIC

We all have freedoms and we all have responsibilities to each other.

Why the fuck is this a political issue?

Oh wait I know why, cause conservatives
It has nothing to do with "conservatives" or politics. It's personal. Your business is your business. What goes into or out of your body is your own business.

If you are vaccinated and I am not, then what do you have to worry about? If I contract the disease that you are vaccinated for, theoretically you are still protected, and if I die from it then I'm gone and what's it to you? And if I survive it and have my own homegrown immunity, then what's that to you?

If you wanna talk about hygiene when it comes to public health.....that's a different story.

But really, if you're gonna come along and say "You must take this vaccine for the good of our society." How is that different in principle than, "Your kids must go to this school and learn how to assimilate for the good of society."?

Yes, that is a very extreme example. But at its roots It's not any different.
Yeah I get it, the virus is tiny. Do you understand the concept of mitigating risk?

It’s not a condom, it’s a mask and even condoms are not 100% effective but I bet you got a vulcanized one in your wallet for that special day if it ever comes. There is no cure and no simple solution.

And it’s the mask I’m talking about being a public responsibility, not so much the vaccine. If you wanna die rather than take the vaccine perhaps they should inspect your marbles but whatever.

As for your plan to force people back to the salt mines early with EI money because somehow you think it’s coming out of your taxes well that is a typical conservative point of view I guess. Heaven fucking forbid anyone else ever needing help.

I’d point this out though, so far all you’ve spoken about is how this virus and pandemic and protocols affect you. You haven’t spoken about or considered at all the effect this is having on the human race.

That’s true blue conservatism - what’s in it for me...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:06 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:37 pm to live there is by definition being a bubble that effects everyone in it.
Fuck i just finished my post stretch smoko and i must have read and re-read that sentence a dozen times...at about try number 6 i started reading it in Mahatma Ghandi's voice (the Ben Kingsley version though, the real MG was so shrill...)

Did you read where the gummit has provided proof that black market maryjane is full of round up?

Hey when is your new thread hitting the board? I need to know what you know since legalization, I been in Islamabad for half a decade
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:21 pm Also

It absolutely mystifies me how anyone can sit there and say that public health is a personal choice.

It’s in the name PUBLIC

It has nothing to do with "conservatives" or politics. It's personal. Your business is your business. What goes into or out of your body is your own business.

If you are vaccinated and I am not, then what do you have to worry about? If I contract the disease that you are vaccinated for, theoretically you are still protected, and if I die from it then I'm gone and what's it to you? And if I survive it and have my own homegrown immunity, then what's that to you?

If you wanna talk about hygiene when it comes to public health.....that's a different story.

But really, if you're gonna come along and say "You must take this vaccine for the good of our society." How is that different in principle than, "Your kids must go to this school and learn how to assimilate for the good of society."?

Excellent response Mëds!

And yes, UK sees everything through a political lens for some reason.

But why didn't you respond to this part of his post:

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:21 pm The masks thing. It does work, a hanky will work because it’s not intended to protect the wearer. It’s designed to keep your cock gobbler covered and to yourself. As you say it’s spread through the air so if you keep your goddam gob covered it reduces the risk to people FROM you.

And that’s exactly what it’s intended to do Mitigate risk. Nothing more. Did you miss that day in EMT school? Were you out back with ol Suzy rotten crotch that day?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:27 pm
Hey when is your new thread hitting the board? I need to know what you know since legalization, I been in Islamabad for half a decade
Just need to do a little more field research...
If you need air...call it in
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:29 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:21 pm Also

It’s in the name PUBLIC

Excellent response Mëds!

And yes, UK sees everything through a political lens for some reason.

But why didn't you respond to this part of his post:

Haha I’m waiting too

And I didn’t invent masks as a personal choice, I just put one on because well it’s pretty much common sense
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:06 pm

Personally I hear UK in Joseph Goebbels voice...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:34 pm

Personally I hear UK in Joseph Goebbels voice...
Really? I would have guessed nails on a Chalk board
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:24 pm Yeah I get it, the virus is tiny. Do you understand the concept of mitigating risk?
Were you the guy I saw riding his bike outside with a mask on the other day?
There is no cure and no simple solution.
On that we're agreed.
And it’s the mask I’m talking about being a public responsibility, not so much the vaccine. If you wanna die rather than take the vaccine perhaps they should inspect your marbles but whatever.
Under the age of 60 you have a little more than 0.25% chance of dying from Covid-19.....if you're willing to get in a car and go for a drive on a regular basis you are assuming greater risk, and you are also putting other people at greater risk by becoming a factor in their own chances of an accident. But we can continue to discuss public safety and responsibility if you'd like.
As for your plan to force people back to the salt mines early with EI money because somehow you think it’s coming out of your taxes well that is a typical conservative point of view I guess. Heaven fucking forbid anyone else ever needing help.
WTF are you talking about???? You do realize that the majority of people who have been unable to work, or had reduced hours, or whatever, would prefer to be working rather than up shit creek with reduced income because of pandemic lockdown measures.....right? You get that part?

So why not let them keep working with these other measures in place? Skip the long-term draconian shutdown.

Where did my taxes come into this? I said provide the financial relief for people who call in sick, go get a Covid test, and present proof of positive result. Boom. Covered. That's the point right? Public health and responsibility to one another? You're sick? Stay home don't come and spread it because you're worried about making a mortgage payment or not having enough for your twice daily Starbucks or whatever.

All I said was require the proof of positive so that people couldn't just call in sick and live off the system for no reason. I get the impression that you haven't worked in a job where either you or your co-workers require not advanced training or education. In other words you pursued something you were interested in for a career.

On a routine basis I see people who are union employees try and get time off with pay for Covid, and then they get grumpy when the test is negative and they are permitted to go back to work. Guess what, the only symptom they had was a headache or nausea.....but after work they were miraculously seen scarfing food and engaging in activities that someone with a headache and/or nausea would not be doing. In other words, they play the I'm sick card with a totally subjective symptom and end up getting a few days off with pay but were never really sick. They would have ridden out 2 weeks off with pay but they got a negative test so they could suddenly come back to work right as rain.

There's nothing evil about putting a check and balance in place to prevent an abuse of the system. It's no secret that if the average person can live for free rather than go to a job they don't really want to do then that's what they will do.
I’d point this out though, so far all you’ve spoken about is how this virus and pandemic and protocols affect you. You haven’t spoken about or considered at all the effect this is having on the human race.

I actually haven't complained too much about personal impact. My wife and I are both healthcare workers so our jobs were actually became busier and if we wanted to work more that was an option (with big OT for the nurse lol). I've enjoyed the lower crowds in stores when I have gone out, and hopping off of social media meant I was witness to way less of people's drama.

Effects on the human race? LMAO. Mental health issues up everywhere. Young kids living in fear because of what they are hearing at school about the big bad Covid virus. Social unrest from non-Covid issues spilling over because idle and locked down people tend to get restless. Families cut off from one another. Our economies hammered because we didn't let humans be humans and go about daily human lives. To protect the vulnerable we quarantined everyone rather than simply setting things up to let the vulnerable protect themselves. There are now concerns that this sort of thing may have negative effects on the developing immune systems of children, and that continuing on this pathway will mean a greater dependence of people on vaccines and medicines to fight off things that a healthy immune system should have no problem with. We have NO IDEA what the long-term effects of these vaccines will be since we accelerated their development by nearly 2 decades and are now living in the largest phase 3 trial in the history of mankind.

Effects on humanity?

If you want to see the effects of this lockdown and what true blue conservatism really looks like bring up the list of the richest people in the world for the past 3 years. Despite a slight dip in 2020 for some, guys like Bezos, Gates, Musk, etc.....their net worth skyrocketed in 2021.

This lockdown, and these public health measures that you are lauding have done the very thing you hate. They've made the already filthy rich even more wealthy, and the disadvantaged that you love to champion are now even further disadvantaged.....but hey, I guess that just means that there an even greater number of people sharing the same lacking level of "privilege".

What effects do you see this pandemic having on humanity?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

You're not still trying to reason with UK are ya Mëds? :wow:

He's an extremist buddy!

He turns everything into politics and assumes he's a better person than you because HE is the anarchist/marxist.

(whatever that is)

Yeah, he figures he's morally superior to everyone who leans more to the right than he does.

And everyone leans more to the right than he does! :lol:

His assumptions about you will always have more credence to him than any claims about yourself you may make.

The guy is more righteous than Don Quixote!

A legend in his own mind...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:32 pm You're not still trying to reason with UK are ya Mëds? :wow:

He's an extremist buddy!

He turns everything into politics and assumes he's a better person than you because HE is the anarchist/marxist.

(whatever that is)

Yeah, he figures he's morally superior to everyone who leans more to the right than he does.

And everyone leans more to the right than he does! :lol:

His assumptions about you will always have more credence to him than any claims about yourself you may make.

The guy is more righteous than Don Quixote!

A legend in his own mind...
He can’t reason because he isn’t reasoning.

An EMT that says masks don’t work.
An EMT who deals with alcoholics but somehow thinks AA meetings are equivalent to going to church or concerts
An EMT who victim blames

Come on man. 😎

I’m not making anything political here nor am I suggesting anything extreme

Unless you count
Wearing a mask
Social distancing
Staying home when feeling symptoms
Contact tracing
Vaccines

None of that is extreme or political

And coming from the guy that loudly supported the most extreme president in US history.

That’s pretty rich
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:13 pm I’m not making anything political here nor am I suggesting anything extreme
I said you make everything political because of your extremism (which you have proudly put on full display a thousand times).

You're the only one who doesn't see that you make everything about politics + your false righteousness... check this from 2 hours ago:

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:24 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:56 pm It has nothing to do with "conservatives" or politics.
... your plan to force people back to the salt mines early with EI money because somehow you think it’s coming out of your taxes well that is a typical conservative point of view I guess. Heaven fucking forbid anyone else ever needing help.

Still can't see it?

Then you're beyond all hope...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:29 pm
ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:13 pm I’m not making anything political here nor am I suggesting anything extreme
I said you make everything political because of your extremism (which you have proudly put on full display a thousand times).

You're the only one who doesn't see that you make everything about politics + your false righteousness... check this from 2 hours ago:

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:24 pm
Mëds wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:56 pm It has nothing to do with "conservatives" or politics.
... your plan to force people back to the salt mines early with EI money because somehow you think it’s coming out of your taxes well that is a typical conservative point of view I guess. Heaven fucking forbid anyone else ever needing help.

Still can't see it?

Then you're beyond all hope...
What is beyond hope is an honest debate from you

12 years here never seen you once stick to the issues

Everything is about trolling, mockery and head games with you.

And here you are a mod

Do you even have one clue what moderating is?

How the fuck is this moderating ? Me and Mëds are indulging in a bit of banter without getting personal,

What you’re doing is antagonizing

And it is hopeless because you have played games here for as long as I’ve known you.

So whatever doc, Live in your own delusions It makes no matter me

Anyone reading what I posted today will recognize it as pretty much the prevailing strategy for dealing with covid

Nothing extreme at all
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ What one gets when one exposes an angry, delusional, self-righteous extremist I guess (shrug).

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:58 pm Me and Mëds are indulging in a bit of banter without getting personal,
Does the part I just quoted sound like you didn't make it personal... as well as political?

Does THIS not sound personal at all:
ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:21 pm It’s designed to keep your cock gobbler covered...

keep your goddam gob covered...

Did you miss that day in EMT school? Were you out back with ol Suzy rotten crotch that day?
:hmmm:

ukcanuck wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:58 pm Anyone reading what I posted today will recognize it as pretty much the prevailing strategy for dealing with covid

Nothing extreme at all
*knocks on UK's forehead* :scowl:

How many times do I have to tell you I didn't call your posting today extreme.

How many times do I have to say:

"You make everything political because you are an extremist."

English much?

As for my modding techniques.

They may not be easily understood by an out-of-touch-with-reality fanatic such as yourself

... but hey they achieve the desired effect.

That's all you need know my little Pollyanna.

*pats UK on the head*

Now run along before you get yourself into trouble again...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:32 pm Vomits an entire pile of horse shit
A discussion moderator or debate moderator is a person whose role is to act as a neutral participant in a debate or discussion, holds participants to time limits and tries to keep them from straying off the topic of the questions being raised in the debate.

BHAHAHA!

Worst moderator in the history of moderators

I’d have blocked you years ago but alas you can’t block a moderator how ducked up is that? The moderator drives more people away than the trolls

So what’s next, going to ban me now ?