Israeli–Palestinian conflict

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Israeli–Palestinian conflict

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:John Lennon and Bob Marley.

UK's foreign policy gurus.

Pop Stars.
Can't do much worse than john Baird

Fat bastard !
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Stop with the ad hominem argument already, base your argument in logic
Tried that, but YOU write off established fact as the lies of some insanely massive Jewish conspiracy.

You prefer to run with *any negative bullshit* as told by some obscure Irish weirdo and whatnot.

Logic is wasted on your kind.
ukcanuck wrote: Why should Israel deserve my support when clearly they are abusing innocent people to acheive their new Jerusalem?
"clearly"? :D

"abusing" :lol:

"innocent people" Image
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

New York times = fact ?

My kind?

Hate ???

Palestinian women and children....

Sorry lost me...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Pop Stars.
The master of understatement

Hey don't forget billy Joel
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

ukcanuck wrote:

Pop Stars.
The master of understatement

Hey don't forget billy Joel
Or Wordsworth
Or Jonathan swift

Or Khalil Gibran
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Sorry, Swift is taken. I am a direct descendant.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:Sorry, Swift is taken. I am a direct descendant.
Haha that actually make sense
How do you take your babies, broiled, baked or fried?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Confit

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:Confit
Ha!
I figured you for pickled, but I guess that's pretty much the same thing ...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

No, confit is nothing like pickling. Confit is slowly poached in the animals own rendered fat (where do you think baby oil comes from?). The meat can then be stored submerged in the fat. Send the offal to Burns for his supper.

Did I mention the orange glaze and thistle salad?

Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Ship ebola patients to Syria, Iran and Iraq.

An African solution to an African problem.

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

Island Nucklehead wrote:64% of Egyptians support the death penalty for leaving Islam. Let that sink in for a second. 1/4 British Muslims wouldn't report a suicide bomber if they had prior knowledge.

Christians might have some funny (re: retarded) thoughts about the world, but they've moved away from burning people at the stake for disagreements.

Islam is a hateful religion where "moderates" enable the extremists.
It's not the Muslims you should be worried about, it's the British and French. :D

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/10 ... 95548.html
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/10/27 ... latestnews

Egypt considers Gaza wall to block Hamas terror attacks

Once again, a government is considering building a wall along its border with Gaza and destroying tunnels it claims Hamas uses to conduct terrorist attacks – but this time it is Egypt and not Israel.

In the wake of Friday’s attack in northern Sinai, which killed 33 Egyptian soldiers, Cairo has raised the idea of a building an eight-mile barrier along its border with Gaza to deter Islamist terrorists from moving in and out of the Palestinian territory.

Following Friday’s attack, the Rafah crossing between southern Gaza and Egypt was closed immediately and will reportedly remain closed indefinitely.

While the southern crossing into Egypt is closed, other border crossings with Israel remain open. Humanitarian and trade supplies are being delivered by Israel to the more than 1.8 million residents of Gaza whose Hamas government fought a 50-day war against them this summer.

The success of Israel’s controversial West Bank separation barrier in lowering suicide attacks on the Jewish state by as much as 90 percent, appears to have not gone unnoticed by Egypt which is now facing a comparable problem from Gaza-based Palestinian terrorists
Neighbours from Hell.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

They are misunderstood Doc .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote: Annihilation is not an alternative at all, let alone "the only other alternative". :hmmm:

The rest of your post was all over the map (literally and figuratively).

Did you know that one out of every five Israeli citizens is a palestinian/arab/muslim?

The palestinians/arabs/muslims who are in the Palestinan territories refuse to recognize Israel's right to exist.

Israel has never had any other choice than to "fight fire with fire" as far as those palestinans are concerned

... but they have always welcomed with open arms those palestinians/arabs/muslims who choose peace.
Not enirely false, but also not entirely true.

1) According to polls in the 1990's some two thirds of Palestinians favoured a two state solution, with Israel and Palestine living side by side in mutually recognised nations. The same held true for Israelis polled, so at least around the time of the Oslo accord, a vast majority on both sides were willing to compromise and recognise the rights of those on the opposite side in exchange for peace. Now, a lot of things have happened since then. A Jewish settler murdered Rabin, in the next election Netanyahu came to power and did everything in his might to sabotage the Oslo accord. The Palestinians got frustrated and started to look to the extremist Hamas instead of the more moderate Fatah, and things deteriorated pretty fast.

Anyway, Fatah, as well as the Palestinian Authority, have recognised Israel and it's right to exist within the internationally accepted 1967 borders. That's a pretty good start. So, the official governing body of the West Bank and Gaza, as well as the major political party and (at least in a twenty year old poll) some two thirds of the population have all recognised Israel's right to exist. It's a huge problem that roughly a third of the Palestinians, as well as the second biggest party, do not recognise Israel, but it is not true to state that that goes for all Palestinians.

2) Israel does not welcome with open arms those Palestinians/Arabs/Muslims who want peace. I mean, one of the main reasons almost all Palestinians left the area that today is recognised as Israel were a number of massacres where Jewish terrorists (Irgun, the Stern gang, whatever) attacked Arab villages and slaughtered everyone. Of course they don't do that today, but one of the main obstacles in all negotiations between Israel and the PLO has been the right to return. Israel is not interested in allowing the Palestinian refugees return home, as that would mean the Jews would no longer be the majority. This is also why some right wingers have left Likud to create a party that while right wing truly favours a two state solution. As Tipsi Livni (sp?) has said, "Without a Palestinian state, Israel can be Jewish or democratic, but not both". The present solution is similar to the apartheid era in South Africa.

In closing, the funniest thing (in a very dark and twisted way) is that the Palestinians really are Jews! Genetic studies show that they are roughly 80% Jewish, which is more than the Sephardic (Middle East) Jews, who are only about 70% Jewish. Ashkenazi Jews, for all their blonde hair and blue eyes and fondness for pork, are also about 80% Jewish, so all in all they are all about equally suited to claim Abraham's inheritance. Some Palestinians even have "the priestly Cohen gene", albeit not as many as among the diaspora Jews, which also makes sense.
In Jewish folklore, it is said that all Jews left after the destruction of the temple. Yeah, right. The elite left (including many of the priests) and quite a few others too, but most of the farmers and labourers stayed put. Just like in any other war. They were first subjugated by the Romans, then forcibly converted to Christianity, then forcibly converted to Islam. But they stayed put in the same place. Then two thousand years later their cousins show up and say "Hey, this place is rightfully ours! Get out!" :roll:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.