Israeli–Palestinian conflict

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Re: Israeli–Palestinian conflict

Post by ukcanuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: All your accusations could be said of our society just over a hundred years ago and still in some places (Westboro baptist) the difference is that we have had enough wealth to look after all segments of society and we have been allowed to grow out of medieval thoughts and fears.
How many people are in the Westboro Baptist churt? 40 or so. How many peoples heads have they cut off? Yeah, that really matches up well with the billion muslims, probably 100,000+ (conservative) of whom are completely deranged, and the much larger segment of Islamic society that refuses to deal with the exceptionally crazy within their midst.
Women have all the same privelidges as men and a few more in fact. Homosexuality is tolerated here in an don't ask don't tell way. There are no taxes here but everyone donates to charities as a matter of obligation and minorities are recognized in that way.
Since when? Places like Turkey had to become militantly secular to produce any modicum of "modernity". Muslim nations have some of the worst female education rates in the world. In Saudi Arabia women can't drive. "Homosexuality is tolerated in a don't ask, don't tell way"? And that's supposed to be a brownie point? The fact is that in places like Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Nigeria and Sudan you can be put in jail (or executed) for being gay.

I would be fine with letting these backwaters fester in their own ignorance. Unfortunately they seem determined to export these crazy ideas that people who don't share their views should get their heads hacked off on YouTube.
Have you spent anytime with Muslims, have you been to a Muslim country, do you know any Muslims, have you read the Koran? Any books on islam?

You flat out sound like your pulling this right out of your ass.

I work in a muslim owned and operated British curriculum private school populated almost entirely by muslim school children (nearly 6000 students all studying to pass British high school standards. 3000 of which are female. All of these kids are heading for university.

So don't tell me that Muslims don't educate their female children because you are completely wrong.

The places where you are talking about, Nigeria, Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan are social wastelands due to war and western interference over oil and natural resources

Religion is a back issue with enough misinformation designed to get you to still vote for your MP who just sent more military intervention.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:If women were equal, Ray Rice would be playing football.
Some are more equal than others
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Britain isn't a Muslim country, yet.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Britain isn't a Muslim country, yet.
Dude I'm in the UAE.

On the border to Saudi Arabia.

It's a British curriculum school meaning it meets British education standards.
Graduates receive a international GCSE.
( Equivalent to a BC Dogwood diploma)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Most people in this thread are talking straight out their buttholes.

Damonberryman is doing so in demonic tongues.

Ummmm UK, the folks in the Westbank are not interested in becoming citizens of a country that doesn't exist

(in their minds).

What THE FUCK is wrong with you...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:Most people in this thread are talking straight out their buttholes.

Damonberryman is doing so in demonic tongues.

Ummmm UK, the folks in the Westbank are not interested in becoming citizens of a country that doesn't exist

(in their minds).

Lol I don't think I could list all the things that are wrong with me!

I know it sounds like a stretch but the alternative is much worse.
Annihilation of a people who lived in that region for centuries even if you must call them squatters is more than ridiculous.
I have always understood that Israel needed to be hardline to survive, but the trouble is that hardliners just create more desperate people and fighting fire with fire does not work.

I think the truth of ISIS is that these are all young men who have been taught how to be viscous by fighting in our wars.. former proxy soldiers.

If our governments were to focus on who these people are, where they come from, what happened to their homes and families, we would see that we created them.

And put the guns in their hands, watch the video clips check out the hardware, American and Russian heavy equipment, rockets and missiles.

Logically this is a direct result of the Arab spring and the destabilization of counties that once did business with the U.S.

disaffected, trained soldiers who are easy cannon fodder
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Ummmm UK, the folks in the Westbank are not interested in becoming citizens of a country that doesn't exist

(in their minds).

Annihilation
of a people who lived in that region for centuries even if you must call them squatters is more than ridiculous.
Annihilation is not an alternative at all, let alone "the only other alternative". :hmmm:

The rest of your post was all over the map (literally and figuratively).

Did you know that one out of every five Israeli citizens is a palestinian/arab/muslim?

The palestinians/arabs/muslims who are in the Palestinan territories refuse to recognize Israel's right to exist.

Israel has never had any other choice than to "fight fire with fire" as far as those palestinans are concerned

... but they have always welcomed with open arms those palestinians/arabs/muslims who choose peace.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Ummmm UK, the folks in the Westbank are not interested in becoming citizens of a country that doesn't exist

(in their minds).

Annihilation
of a people who lived in that region for centuries even if you must call them squatters is more than ridiculous.
Annihilation is not an alternative at all, let alone "the only other alternative". :hmmm:

The rest of your post was all over the map (literally and figuratively).

Did you know that one out of every five Israeli citizens is a palestinian/arab/muslim?

The palestinians/arabs/muslims who are in the Palestinan territories refuse to recognize Israel's right to exist.

Israel has never had any other choice than to "fight fire with fire" as far as those palestinans are concerned

... but they have always welcomed with open arms those palestinians/arabs/muslims who choose peace.
I noticed that but this whole thread is all over the map and there are three and four different arguments ideas and ass talk going on all at once,
I am guilty of trying to address a lot of things all at once.
Bad form I know :(

Anyway yes, I did know that there are many Israeli citizens who are of palestinian decent, but they are marginalized and prevented from political power, it's a second class kind of citizenship at best. There used to be a road to that kind citizenship but evem that has been cutoff.

It life as a palestianian either with isreali second class citizenship controlled at every turn or objecting and living outside in the occupied territories with no citizenship... Not much choice is it?

You know Doc that propaganda cuts both ways, I know that news stories that paint Muslims as wholesale terrorists and evil play everyday back home, I was there for the whole Iraq debacle. I'm here now and I'm getting the opposite side of things. You would not believe the nasty shit Israel does that never reaches the west.
Beatings and torture of women and children,
Sending warnings of pending missile attacks, telling gazan civilians over the radio to take shelter at local schools and hitting that school only to claim that hamas are using human shields are but two examples.

The reaction is deny that claim but which side ever tells the truth?
Somewhere in the middle it makes sense to me, that given a real choice between the right to the pursuit of happiness and war famine and disease... People are going to choose happiness.

As far as annihilation goes Topper is right to a degree, the ultimate endgame of what the isrealis are doing is annihilation.
Push and push inch by inch until the last palestianian is gone.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Anyway yes, I did know that there are many Israeli citizens who are of palestinian decent, but they are marginalized and prevented from political power, it's a second class kind of citizenship at best. There used to be a road to that kind citizenship but evem that has been cutoff.
You're wrong about that.

Wikipedia is a good place to begin your research:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_citiz ... _groupings

Fact: They are offered and receive full citizenship.
ukcanuck wrote: You would not believe the nasty shit Israel does that never reaches the west.
Beatings and torture of women and children,
You're right, I don't believe it.

(well it's no worse than the occasional police brutality we see in the UK or USA)
ukcanuck wrote: Sending warnings of pending missile attacks, telling gazan civilians over the radio to take shelter at local schools and hitting that school only to claim that hamas are using human shields are but two examples.
WOW you're completely fucked up.

In times of war, it's established fact that Hamas does indeed launch attacks from schools (etc).

It's established fact that Israel then warns West Bank civilians to vacate the area before retaliating.

Don't know what else to say, it's established fact that Hamas uses civilians as human shields.
ukcanuck wrote: The reaction is deny that claim but which side ever tells the truth?
Somewhere in the middle it makes sense to me
Yeahno, the truth does not lay halfway between the crap folks such as yourself pull out of their butts

.... and established fact. :hmmm:
ukcanuck wrote: given a real choice between the right to the pursuit of happiness and war famine and disease... People are going to choose happiness.
When their extremist religious views demand war, they choose war.

Their is no "famine and disease" in the palestinian territories. Image

Seriously, what THE FUCK is wrong with you!
ukcanuck wrote: As far as annihilation goes Topper is right to a degree, the ultimate endgame of what the isrealis are doing is annihilation.
Push and push inch by inch until the last palestianian is gone.
Topper never said that is what is happening.

And it's not.

In fact the population in the palestinian territories continues to grow at a very healthy rate.

Truth is you have no idea what the truth is.

Not sure why you spread lies about the Israeli–Palestinian conflict...
____
Try to focus on someday.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Many Arab citizens feel that the state, as well as society at large, not only actively limits them to second-class citizenship, but treats them as enemies, impacting their perception of the de jure versus de facto quality of their citizenship.[161] The joint document The Future Vision of the Palestinian Arabs in Israel, asserts: "Defining the Israeli State as a Jewish State and exploiting democracy in the service of its Jewishness excludes us, and creates tension between us and the nature and essence of the State." The document explains that by definition the "Jewish State" concept is based on ethnically preferential treatment towards Jews enshrined in immigration (the Law of Return) and land policy (the Jewish National Fund), and calls for the establishment of minority rights protections enforced by an independent anti-discrimination commission.[162]

A 2004 report by Mossawa, an advocacy center for Palestinian-Arab citizens of Israel, states that since the events of October 2000, 16 Arabs had been killed by security forces, bringing the total to 29 victims of "institutional violence" in four years.[163] Ahmed Sa'adi, in his article on The Concept of Protest and its Representation by the Or Commission, states that since 1948 the only protestors to be killed by the police have been Arabs.[164]

Yousef Munayyer, an Israeli citizen and the executive director of The Jerusalem Fund, wrote that Palestinians only have varying degrees of limited rights in Israel. He states that although Palestinians make up about 20 percent of Israel's population, less than 7 percent of the budget is allocated to Palestinian citizens. He describes the 1.5 million Arab citizens of Israel as second-class citizens while four million more are not citizens at all. He states that a Jew from any country can move to Israel but a Palestinian refugee, with a valid claim to property in Israel, cannot. Munayyer also described the difficulties he and his wife faced when visiting the country.[165]

From your wiki link,
I'm not making this shot up.
Israel is not innocent or a true democratic state that guarantees rights and privileges for all its citizens.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Or this!

Notice any similarities between these people and certain nazi country in the 1930s ?
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

And this
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:Genocide of the conquered people is the only solution. The final Solution in fact.

Whether it be Jews/Muslims, Shia/Sunni, Catholic/Protestant, Brit/Scots/Irish, Cowboys/Wagon Burners, whatever, whoever. Conflicts of today should have been and could have been settled centuries ago through extermination.
Touching, but dream of world peace all you like buds: NOT GONNA HAPPEN!!

Wars, civil or otherwise, will always be with us.

I blame the treehuggers. :twisted:
Am I missing something here because I read what topper said and it says the final solution Jews/Palestinians ...?