We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: We're All Doomed!™ (the Conquest, War, Famine, and Death Thread)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:09 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:03 pm I guess I shouldn't ever disagree with what you said :drink:
Now we're getting somewhere! :mrgreen:

2Fingers wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:03 pm Time for whisky to go with my second shot yesterday.
You wouldn't be the first poster I drove to drink.

Soon we'll be changing your name to 8Fingers.
Keep the thumbs out...smart. Youll need them to turn on the tap to wash after
If you need air...call it in
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Lofl

Cuz is wide awake.

The road ain't sticking to him....
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

donlever wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:29 pm Lofl

Cuz is wide awake.

The road ain't sticking to him....
Im playing scrabble with the rellies in porksville after another "walk" around the block. They frown on my lifestyle but i frown on theirs too so we're even
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:52 am
Meds wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:49 pm
Meds Post
Thanks Meds,

I may disagree with some of your comments and agree with others but as you said, to each their own.

To me it is not around the survivability rate but the fact that COVID19 is more contagious than other viruses. Wasn’t the whole objective to implement what we did to minimize the # of people infected and since this virus is a hell of a lot stronger than your typical virus it had more people in the hospital and requiring intensive care. This way our medical system could handle the people requiring hospitalization and we have enough ventilators and other equipment for them?

As for kids under 12, I agree with your comments and just recently Pfizer is talking about a booster shot, which I also disagree with and good thing the medical community came out and said no. Yes I know money talks and who knows what will come from the medical community in 2022.

In regards to the vaccine being fast tracked, they have been making vaccines for well over 100 years, they have processes in place, using statistics and past history to do this. What I actually find hilarious is the vaccine they give you in early fall for the supposedly viruses coming in the winter, with COVID19 they had a virus, they know how viruses work, they had the whole freaking world working on it so not surprising it was developed quickly.

Again appreciate the discussion even though you may think I am one of the sheep. 8-)
So they say you need a vaccine to prevent spread and you are OK with that, but when they say you need a second booster for the same reason you are not?

As for fast tracked.....yeah, based on history and models etc. The early models for Covid itself were completely wrong and the spread and mortality rate proved that. I'll leave it at that. IF this had been a standard vaccine and not a new mRNA technology then sure, maybe. There is a reason why biological science takes long-term study to get right because we can only truly project based on things we have studied over the long-term.

Look at everything that is coming out over the last 10+ years in regards to our highly processed food diets. It's been talked about for a long time, but the real traction is in the last decade or so. It's taken the greater health community over 60 years to grab a clue and start pointing the finger at the shift in what we eat that started after WW2. Long term effects of chemical interactions with biology.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:03 pm I guess I shouldn't ever disagree with what you said :drink:

2Fingers wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:03 pm Time for whisky to go with my second shot yesterday.

Just call him Fister.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:14 pm

Keep the thumbs out...smart. Youll need them to turn on the tap to wash after
LMAO.

A beautiful mind.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Meds wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:07 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:09 pm Soon we'll be changing your name to 8Fingers.
Just call him Fister.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Meds wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:05 pm

So they say you need a vaccine to prevent spread and you are OK with that, but when they say you need a second booster for the same reason you are not?

As for fast tracked.....yeah, based on history and models etc. The early models for Covid itself were completely wrong and the spread and mortality rate proved that. I'll leave it at that. IF this had been a standard vaccine and not a new mRNA technology then sure, maybe. There is a reason why biological science takes long-term study to get right because we can only truly project based on things we have studied over the long-term.

Look at everything that is coming out over the last 10+ years in regards to our highly processed food diets. It's been talked about for a long time, but the real traction is in the last decade or so. It's taken the greater health community over 60 years to grab a clue and start pointing the finger at the shift in what we eat that started after WW2. Long term effects of chemical interactions with biology.
For sure, right now there is zero scientific evidence a booster shot is needed, during the pandemic everyone knew a vaccine or cure was needed. 2 completely different points of time.

In regards to what will happen to the people who received the vaccine in 10 years? Good question, maybe we have just wiped 60% of the worlds population and the zombie apocalypse comes. Who knew TWD was going to be real? I jest of course but we have no idea of the impact on people with these different vaccines and methods of treatments.

As per highly processed foods, I agree with you 1,000%. Forget about cigarette smoking, that is nothing compared to the shit that is going into the foods we eat. Even finding out where the food is made or grown seems harder and harder to do.
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:49 pm
As per highly processed foods, I agree with you 1,000%. Forget about cigarette smoking, that is nothing compared to the shit that is going into the foods we eat. Even finding out where the food is made or grown seems harder and harder to do.
I asked a WCB office the other day, when in deep conversation regarding ECP's, about what he thinks happens to him when he fills his car with gas.

Does he go simple N-95, half mask utilizing gas/vapor cartridges or full on military grade?

Yeah, none of them right?!

As far as food goes there is healthy, organic, non-tainted food available out there.

You just have to do a little research find it.

For meat and eggs Google Sumas Mountain Farms for instance.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

2Fingers wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:49 pm
Meds wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:05 pm

For sure, right now there is zero scientific evidence a booster shot is needed, during the pandemic everyone knew a vaccine or cure was needed. 2 completely different points of time.
That needed to be rushed? This is the hilarity in all of it. Look at the mortality rates. This was done during a pandemic, pan meaning widespread.....it's not short for panic and do stupid shit that may be worse than the actual virus.
In regards to what will happen to the people who received the vaccine in 10 years? Good question, maybe we have just wiped 60% of the worlds population and the zombie apocalypse comes. Who knew TWD was going to be real? I jest of course but we have no idea of the impact on people with these different vaccines and methods of treatments.
So the answer is just go ahead and do this and see what happens?
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

LOL (but not because she was a Trump supporter)

https://www.rawstory.com/unvaccinated-trump-supporter/

Unvaccinated Trump supporter who spread coronavirus conspiracy theories dies of COVID-19

For months, Zuern, a member of the pro-Trump group the United Cape Patriots, had promoted conspiracy theories about the pandemic on Facebook. She has shared articles accusing the World Health Organization of a coverup of the "Wuhan Virus" and claiming COVID-19 is cover for "globalists" to usher in "U.N. Agenda 2030" — a sustainable development initiative right-wing conspiracy theorists assert is a plot to create a one world government.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

5thhorseman wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:57 am LOL (but not because she was a Trump supporter)

https://www.rawstory.com/unvaccinated-trump-supporter/

Unvaccinated Trump supporter who spread coronavirus conspiracy theories dies of COVID-19

For months, Zuern, a member of the pro-Trump group the United Cape Patriots, had promoted conspiracy theories about the pandemic on Facebook. She has shared articles accusing the World Health Organization of a coverup of the "Wuhan Virus" and claiming COVID-19 is cover for "globalists" to usher in "U.N. Agenda 2030" — a sustainable development initiative right-wing conspiracy theorists assert is a plot to create a one world government.
And the Darwin Award winner is....
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Fucking click baiters....

dies of COVID-19

...I'm gonna guess the article then goes on to state something along the lines of "dies due to complications related to Covid 19"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

In Argentina they'll chase you onto the roof of your house, hold you down, and inject you with the vaccine.

That's fucked up.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

donlever wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:20 am Fucking click baiters....

dies of COVID-19

...I'm gonna guess the article then goes on to state something along the lines of "dies due to complications related to Covid 19"
Yes it's click-baity but still funny even if due to complications. Steve Irwin-like, if you will.