W-GDT Knights @ Canucks Apr 8 7pm PDT SN1

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT Knights @ Canucks Apr 8 7pm PDT SN1

Post by Carl Yagro »

Mëds wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 10:14 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 pm 40

Pump-n-dump...
The guy gets one fucking assist off a Mason Raymond pass and you think it's enough for a pump-n-dump?
I believe Doc was referring to the Flow hitting the Big 4-0 for the first time.

The Baldies should use the Bo2Max card once again next season. There's got to be some sacrifices made to accommodate 11.6 x 8, right?
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: W-GDT Knights @ Canucks Apr 8 7pm PDT SN1

Post by Hockey Widow »

If they could trade Boeser and off load the other Russian they would free up cap to bring back a pretty good D corp and go shopping for another top six. The return on Boeser should be a first plus.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I love how we have a 40 goal scorer for the first time in 13 years and we want to trade him.

But we're OK with our 85 point $11.6M head case who spends 25% of every game getting up from his knees.

The Flow brought us to our feet as a rookie, scoring at a 38 goal pace and suffered a bad injury forcing him to miss the last 20 games.

He came back and was slower and trying to get back to his form and still scored at a 30 goal pace.

Despite injuries, and probably one of the worst off-ice, family, distractions a you man could play through, he has produced as 25-30 goal pace each year with the exception of last season.....which he stated was terrible for him mentally because of the culmination of all the family stuff going on. He retracted a stated desire to play elsewhere and came back this year with a much better 200 foot game and just notched his 40th of the season.

He's been getting most of these goals playing with Miller, not 11.6ersson. Boeser also seems like the type of player who will take a bit less to stay in the "hometown".

If Pettersson shits the bed in the playoffs, I'd move him way before I move Brock.

Either way, Boeser should come back next season, and if he repeats this scoring pace then you make the call on whether or not you think he's now found his game and is worth a 4 year extension as a 35-40 goal winger into his early 30's.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The folks bashing Peter are amusing.

Good win after a shitty start.

Demko needs to come back. Hfboards oilers might the most toxic message board I’ve ever read. The around the leave thread is an eyesore.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:44 pm The folks bashing Peter are amusing.

Demko needs to come back. Hfboards oilers might the most toxic message board I’ve ever read. The around the leave thread is an eyesore.
It actually logs me out every time I go into the Oilers part of the board. LOL!

I can access any other forum though.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

From the highlights and stats......

We out shot them, we out hit them, we out blocked them. That says something about the effort, and hopefully about the Canucks' rather than the lack thereof on the Knights end of the things.

All 4 goals were solid efforts with traffic at the net.

Agree with whoever said that Demko likely stops the first two goals.

Did Eleven Pointsixersson get his assist for his Mason Raymond pass on the board or for being a flagpole on the top of the crease?

Nice to see Boeser hit 40 goals. First Canuck to do it since Kesler and Dank in 2010-11.

Vegas goaltending has come back down to earth. They built a strong, deep, team of skaters, however they have gambled big in the crease since they traded MAF.....last year that gamble on a career minor league guy paid off, but he's really come back down to earth since returning from injury, and he's never played more than 27 games in a season before this one.
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 11:44 pm The folks bashing Peter are amusing.

Petey does need to pick up his game again though, this has not been, and is not how he plays.

But it's funny how suddenly he's now the worst player ever on this team

409 points in 1st 401 career games i guess just a big fluke, let's just ship him out for 1st round busts so some people here can be happy
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Exactly. Agree with everything you said. The folks kicking him are funny. The JT Miller Fan club director, a guy who is enraged at Hoglander for being short and a guy that loathes Swedes because.

He will have scored 200 points playing both ends of the ice the last two years and along with Miller and Hughes sets this team up for the next half decade.

It’s like some folks were blacked out during the Elmo era. Need something to bitch about. The team is finally not a league joke but let’s whine about Baldy, the Raisin and Peter. Strange times……
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Trade Boeser!!!!!!!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

It is believed that Pettersson is playing through groin issue. Most agree he must be nursing some type of issue for his play to have dropped off as it has. But here is the thing, when he turns on the switch he gives this team two powerful top lines. He has found some chemistry with Hoglander and Boeser. If JT, Joshua and Garland continue to play well then were are ok top six. Its too badwe have not clinched the Pacific cause they could rest Pettersson, they may even yet do so.

If Lindholm can come back and use his wrist :mrgreen: then we will have a very strong 3rd and 4th lines well. And you need to be able to roll 4 in the playoffs.

Re trading Boeser: simple economics. I do not want to be the team giving him 8-9+ for the next 6-8 years after his current contract is up. He has had exactly 1 40 goal season. He has matured for sure. He came to camp in shape. One of the few seasons he has done so. I love the kid. Love how his game has evolved and is is no longer one dimensional. He has improved his board play, his defensive play, and forecheck. But its the future cost versus the return we could get that I am fixated on. Both Tampa and Vegas are examples of teams who have moved on from really good players to re-tool and stay in the picture. Chicago too in their hay day. So my wanting them to trade Boeser at the draft has more to do with helping the team remain relevant moving forward and into the future than my like for the player. I dont see Boeser as the type of player that can sustain this year's performance but I see him as being a serviceable top six that should be seen as expendable to support the core.

We have already had many discussions on how do we find cap to bring back all the D we want to? Someone has to go to make that happen, keeping in mind that the OEL buyout is about to hit us and then get ugly the year Boeser's contract expires. Moving him and the other Russian frees up 11+.

The game, they played a great game. Two bad goals against made it look closer. Happy for She-loves to get his 3rd win. A confidence booster. And gives the team some clarity next year. I think he is ready for the back up role.

And congratulations for locking up home ice advantage for the first round.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

A few comments;

The 11.6 million dollar man looked like a 4 million dollar man, which is a huge improvement. The made hits without turning his back. He used his slapshot. He went to the front of the net with he and Garland becoming a big man net presence (it also draws more defenders to the crease creating even more traffic in front of the goal.

Did the shot to ribs 11.6 took say something about him? Do men have that rib or did God use that one to make women? Doc, please comment.

Is Eichel the new Getzlaf? For all the headcase criticism he has gotten earlier in his career, the guy is a 2way playing beast.

A much simpler game, D playing the man instead of the puck.

Silovs plays small in the net with plenty of open holes. Demko and Desmith look like solid walls and move their position to be square to shooters. Silovs is still scrambling. Not quite ready
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:08 am Do men have that rib or did God use that one to make women? Doc, please comment.
I know you wouldn't read the bible if your life depended on it, so allow me...

God made an offer to Adam for the perfect soulmate.

God: "She will cook, clean, always be faithful, never nag, and be completely dedicated to satisfying your every need."

Adam: "And the cost?"

God: "It's gonna cost you an arm and a leg." (that's where that saying comes from)

Adam: "Hmmm, what could I get for a rib?"
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I can pretty much guarantee you, Boesers is signing long term here. He loves Vancouver and the organization and his teammates love him. He’s our best winger and by a looooooooong shot!!!

I agree Topper, I really like Eichels game and the Getzlaf comparisons are spot on!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 2:35 am Exactly. Agree with everything you said. The folks kicking him are funny. The JT Miller Fan club director, a guy who is enraged at Hoglander for being short and a guy that loathes Swedes because.
That guy doesn't loathe Swedes just because.....

Sedins - No Cup, no push back. Tough players that took a beating but ultimately were walked on and led a pussified squad.

Naslund - We choked. Need I say more?

Edler - Solid but not intense enough.

Ohlund - Great number 2 guy, after the eye injury more of a 2nd pairing anchor.....ultimately not what this team continually sold him as.

I'm fine with Swedes.....just not as the go to guys that you need in the playoffs. The Canucks have a history of banking on them and they are fantastic regular season players but once the refs pocket the whistles in the post-season they get pushed around.

Give me a Foppa or Tomas Holmstrom, even a Zetterberg, any day of the week. But those guys are the exception.

I'm fine with Pettersson.....I just think we have committed 13% of our total cap to the wrong guy. $9M? Yeah, sign me up.

This team needs some fire and emotion.....not a guy who glares at the media and seems to have his head somewhere else on any given night only to then get sullen and pout when things aren't going well.

I also think that any player that receives a contract worth that percentage of the total team cap should be driving the line and doing like Crosby where it doesn't matter who he plays with his line is always dangerous. Think about it, we are paying Pettersson $3M more than one of the greatest to every lace up skates.....and even though 87 intentionally left money on the table to build a deeper team, I don't think anyone on this team not named Quinn is worth more than $9M right now.