GDT: Canucks host Seattle April 26 7 PM PST SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Canucks host Seattle April 26 7 PM PST SNP

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

- Nice to get a break from Shorty, the new guy calling the game did pretty good.

- Martin was pretty solid, looking rdy to be a NHL backup. 2 more games, just give it to him. Maybe give Silovs a period.

- Nice to see Sutts in the intermission. He looked good and hopefully he can resume his career next season.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:19 pm First game I've missed in a while. Give me the one sentence summary
You’re a Canucks fan.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:19 pm First game I've missed in a while. Give me the one sentence summary
Time for rehab.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:52 pm - Nice to get a break from Shorty, the new guy calling the game did pretty good.

- Martin was pretty solid, looking rdy to be a NHL backup. 2 more games, just give it to him. Maybe give Silovs a period.

- Nice to see Sutts in the intermission. He looked good and hopefully he can resume his career next season.
A toss up. Martin has to be ready for the Abby playoffs. Maybe give him the LA game and get Dipietro in against Edmonton?? Demko is probably done for the year and who knows if Halak will be back.

Sutter near broke down in tears. You could tell this is very hard on him. At his price, if he is healthy, I'd give him a one year deal. Him or Richardson??? Take the healthy one.

We missed Sutter in F/O and PK.

Goodbye Chase-is-on!!

Only thing left to do is cheer for Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton too lose in the first round.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:12 pm Only thing left to do is cheer for Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton too lose in the first round.
I personally like Calgary though with all the former Nucks. I like the way they're built too: big and strong, tuff to play against and can grind out those grueling 7 game playoff series.

I kinda wanna see the Cup return to Cdn soil as well, so won't mind if any of those teams have playoff success. :D

Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:12 pm Sutter near broke down in tears. You could tell this is very hard on him. At his price, if he is healthy, I'd give him a one year deal. Him or Richardson??? Take the healthy one.

We missed Sutter in F/O and PK.
I like both those guys as well, but I think a healthy Sutts would give us more of what we need (RS centre) and a bit younger.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Can we just move on from Sutter. At any rate he is not worth a spot on the team. We have to quit have fond memories of players and look at them and thing if they played on a different team and became available would we want him?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:25 pm
I like both those guys as well, but I think a healthy Sutts would give us more of what we need (RS centre) and a bit younger.
is there such a thing as 'a healthy Sutter' these days? Not sure he's worth saving a roster spot for.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:52 pm - Nice to get a break from Shorty, the new guy calling the game did pretty good.

Shorthouse is one of the best in the business imho.

Silovs can fuck off

Sutter too. Happy he’s doing well but that was a poor trade followed by a poor signing. Don’t ever want to see him on the team again.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:48 pm
Sutter too. Happy he’s doing well but that was a poor trade followed by a poor signing. Don’t ever want to see him on the team again.
Boner Lover!

:D
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:52 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:48 pm
Boner Lover!

:D
You love Sutter. Good for you. Rutherford hates the player. He’s traded him twice. So I doubt he’s back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Are you secretly hoping he also makes a play for your follicly challenged compatriot Nick Bloberino?

:lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:57 pm Are you secretly hoping he also makes a play for your follicly challenged compatriot Nick Bloberino?

:lol:
Yes while I sit in my lawn couch and pet my boiler with pizza stains in my wife beater, etc ad nauseam.

Dude you need some new material.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I know i do and since it's another long fucking summer in canuckland we better find that new material pretty quick
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sutter looks weak and haggard.

And that's a year later.

I'd say he's done like dinner.
____
Try to focus on someday.