GDT: Knights @ Nucks April 12 7pm SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Knights @ Nucks April 12 7pm SNP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Nice patience by Hughes there, that was beautiful.

Atta boy Rats :)
el rey del mambo
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:12 pm M&M's Miller and Myers are having a real shit game
Yup.
It’d be a mistake to resign Miller. He had a great season, but he’ll never repeat. Brain fart games like this one will only get more frequent as he ages. Games are getting tough and Petey and Bo are showing up while Miller is throwing away pucks all game.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

A hell of a battle considering we were missing two top 6 guys and a top 9 against a stacked VGK.

Overmatched in the 3rd but found a way to win and get points.

Rats just keeps on pitching complete game wins.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

rats19 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:30 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:28 pm better than nothing!

9 more wins to go!
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

B.Hutt our old mate playing like he was doing us a solid tonite. :lol:

Sucks that Vegas got a point, but glad we found a way to get 2. I thought Vegas got 2 flukey goals early in the game and we played well for the most part.

I really like what Richie Rich is giving us. He doesn't have the wheels like Motte, but has tons of experience, some veteran savey and more versatility as he can play C. Good asset mgmt by the Chipmunk & Co., get something for Motte (4th rounder) and get a solid replacement (Richie Rich) for nothing.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:41 pm B.Hutt our old mate playing like he was doing us a solid tonite. :lol:

Sucks that Vegas got a point, but glad we found a way to get 2. I thought Vegas got 2 flukey goals early in the game and we played well for the most part.

I really like what Richie Rich is giving us. He doesn't have the wheels like Motte, but has tons of experience, some veteran savey and more versatility as he can play C. Good asset mgmt by the Chipmunk & Co., get something for Motte (4th rounder) and get a solid replacement (Richie Rich) for nothing.
I'd think they probably had their assessment of Lockwood too

Lockwood seems ready for 8-10 mins a game
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:34 pm
donlever wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:16 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:00 pm Fine, fine. Elmo this, Elmo that. Didn't this place agree to move forward?
No, you're not allowed to dislike a player and wish him off the team without a lecture on Bennings historic failings.
Blob and his James Elmer Benning complex

:lol:
And Blob wonders why there's so much pushback regarding his obsession. :roll:

"Why's everybody always picking on me?" - Blobby Brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t7GNMlDb_I

____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:41 pm B.Hutt our old mate playing like he was doing us a solid tonite. :lol:

Winning 5-4 in OT while getting outshot 45-27 is a strong indicator that we didn’t play well. After our first goal and 2:10 of PP time to open the first 5 min of the game we were on our heels badly and our 2nd shot of the game was a dump-in from center ice after Vegas had pounded 10 pucks at Demko.

Vegas got that point on 2 flukes goals, sure, but they got those goals because we gave them 45 cracks at it.

Played well for the most part…..grab a clue.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:18 pm Vegas got that point on 2 flukes goals, sure, but they got those goals because we gave them 45 cracks at it.

When a team has the lead, they generally play more conservative to protect it. I didn't mind our guys doing that tonite and they almost pulled it off for the regulation win.

CrzyCanuck wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:44 pm I'd think they probably had their assessment of Lockwood too

Lockwood seems ready for 8-10 mins a game

I like this Woody kid!
- Brad Richardson (2:40 mark)

Woody will join the likes of Hornychuk, Golden Show**, J.Dicky, and Wrathboner as all time great Canucks. :lol:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:07 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:00 pm Fine, fine. Elmo this, Elmo that. Didn't this place agree to move forward?
No, you're not allowed to dislike a player and wish him off the team without a lecture on Bennings historic failings.

And Blob wonders why there's so much pushback regarding his obsession. :roll:

"Why's everybody always picking on me?" - Blobby Brown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t7GNMlDb_I

Jim Benning’s ten fans (the ball washers) exist at this board.

Good game tonight for an undermanned crew. Gotta love the fight in these guys if nothing else.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It's been years upon years of entertainment around here

I have little problem being right.

It never gets old. :drink:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:44 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:18 pm Vegas got that point on 2 flukes goals, sure, but they got those goals because we gave them 45 cracks at it.

When a team has the lead, they generally play more conservative to protect it. I didn't mind our guys doing that tonite and they almost pulled it off for the regulation win.
Did you even watch this team under Travis Green? They aren't good enough defensively to play conservatively.

They also were on their heels for the entire first period and were just lucky to have scored the first goal. The middle frame was pretty even with us coming out on top on the scoreboard. The 3rd was largely Vegas. Demko was a stud all night and the only reason it wasn't 3-1 Vegas after 20 minutes.

But hey, if you're ok with that, whatever floats your nicknaming boat.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

two line team
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Mëds wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:09 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:44 pm

Did you even watch this team under Travis Green? They aren't good enough defensively to play conservatively.

They also were on their heels for the entire first period and were just lucky to have scored the first goal. The middle frame was pretty even with us coming out on top on the scoreboard. The 3rd was largely Vegas. Demko was a stud all night and the only reason it wasn't 3-1 Vegas after 20 minutes.

But hey, if you're ok with that, whatever floats your nicknaming boat.
Agreed - sure go conservative with 1 - 2 mins left but not the entire 3rd period.

I do not think it was BB that made them do this, Vegas turned it on and the team showed it cannot compete with this. Close but need to fill in some gaps.
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

Over the course of the season, teams will sometimes get 2 points in games they were badly outplayed. Last night, the Canucks were badly outplayed. But the Golden Knights have some serious down low coverage issues that meant the limited number of chances the Canucks managed were high quality chances. And multiple lapses in down low coverage is a great way to forfeit a win in a game were you control the puck and win most one on one battles.

And so the Canucks remain alive.

The Gods, they tease. But a long time ago they also made the soft schedules for the other battling for a spot.
Hono_rary Canadian