GDT: Knights @ Nucks April 12 7pm SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Knights @ Nucks April 12 7pm SNP

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:02 am Demko (and Markstrom before him) has covered the shitty defensive game in Vancouver for years. If you think the Canucks play a tight defensive game, if you think they ever had since Green became coach, you're fooling yourself.
Well, I remember in the bubble, Greener said in the words to the effect of, that he wasn't going to apologize for winning ugly. Despite being outshot and outplayed at times, he still pulled out some Ws and almost upset the much favoured Knights. I think he knew Vegas's track record, getting lots of shots, but not necessarily winning a fair share of those games. He knew he couldn't run and gun against the Knights, so his strategy had to be more defensive.
I think he was willing to give the Knights shots from the outside, but he had the players to clear out rebounds and most importantly, limit their high danger chances. If his team could keep the game close, Greener had some good talent who could score a timely goal to win it for them (ie: Petey, JT, BoHo, Brockstar, Toffoli, etc). Yes, Bubble Demko was superb, but I think we had some pretty good defensive guys that year who helped Demko see lots of shots or lay their bodies down to block a good chunk of them (ie: Tan-Man, Edler, Beags, Sutts, Fatenberg, Benn, etc). In my opinion, those guys did alot of the dirty/unnoticed work and helped Demko shine. Like I said b4, Greener's strategy wasn't pretty, but it almost worked.

U can criticize Greener all u want, but in the bubble, Greener was prob at his best. He guided his team to walk over the Wild, then knocked off the former Stanley Cup Champ Blues and almost upset the much favoured Knights.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:06 pm
Mëds wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:02 am Demko (and Markstrom before him) has covered the shitty defensive game in Vancouver for years. If you think the Canucks play a tight defensive game, if you think they ever had since Green became coach, you're fooling yourself.
Well, I remember in the bubble, Greener said in the words to the effect of, that he wasn't going to apologize for winning ugly. Despite being outshot and outplayed at times, he still pulled out some Ws and almost upset the much favoured Knights. I think he knew Vegas's track record, getting lots of shots, but not necessarily winning a fair share of those games. He knew he couldn't run and gun against the Knights, so his strategy had to be more defensive.
I think he was willing to give the Knights shots from the outside, but he had the players to clear out rebounds and most importantly, limit their high danger chances. If his team could keep the game close, Greener had some good talent who could score a timely goal to win it for them (ie: Petey, JT, BoHo, Brockstar, Toffoli, etc). Yes, Bubble Demko was superb, but I think we had some pretty good defensive guys that year who helped Demko see lots of shots or lay their bodies down to block a good chunk of them (ie: Tan-Man, Edler, Beags, Sutts, Fatenberg, Benn, etc). In my opinion, those guys did alot of the dirty/unnoticed work and helped Demko shine. Like I said b4, Greener's strategy wasn't pretty, but it almost worked.

U can criticize Greener all u want, but in the bubble, Greener was prob at his best. He guided his team to walk over the Wild, then knocked off the former Stanley Cup Champ Blues and almost upset the much favoured Knights.
Then why did they suck immediately the next season.....and continued to suck until he was fired?

Go nickname some more players.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:43 pm Then why did they suck immediately the next season.....and continued to suck until he was fired?
Really? U need me to rehash everything? All this is well documented, but I guess u were asleep the whole season. I thought u are a hockey guru. :P

The big reasons for the suck last season were:
- Losing some good players (ie: Marky Mark, Tan-Man, Toffy)
- some young guys not really taking the next step (ie: Virts, Hockey Gauds, Zack Attack MacEwen)
-replacements not really good enuff (ie: Holtby, Schmidty)
- core guys having tuff season (ie: JT, BoHo, Huggy, Petey)
- injuries (ie: Petey)

Listen, every coach has a shelf life. Greener was great in the bubble, but his lack of experience started to show last season and it just deteriorated 10 fold this season. His team was in a funk and most of his players lost all confidence, he had no ideas on how to snap them out of it. Greener really needed to be relieved of the high pressure situation in Vancouver. If he ever gets a 2nd coaching gig, I think he'll be better for it, much like Anaheim's Dallas Eakins. I hope he observed Coach Gabby closely from afar, lots of great ideas that worked. Heck, it'd do Greener a ton of good if he worked as an assistant to a seasoned bench boss like Gabby or Barry Trotz for a couple years.
Got a good one for ya buddy, Mr. Mediocre Man Mëds. :D
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:59 pm
Mëds wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:43 pm Then why did they suck immediately the next season.....and continued to suck until he was fired?
Really? U need me to rehash everything? All this is well documented, but I guess u were asleep the whole season. I thought u are a hockey guru. :P

The big reasons for the suck last season were:
- Losing some good players (ie: Marky Mark, Tan-Man, Toffy)
- some young guys not really taking the next step (ie: Virts, Hockey Gauds, Zack Attack MacEwen)
-replacements not really good enuff (ie: Holtby, Schmidty)
- core guys having tuff season (ie: JT, BoHo, Huggy, Petey)
- injuries (ie: Petey)
- Markstrom was replaced by Demko.....who was his equal. As for Tanev (see Schmidt).
- Young guys not taking the next step despite being on the team in the bubble should not cause regression, merely more of the same.
- Holtby was the backup goaltender and Schmidt bounced back after being traded away from Green.
- Tough seasons? Horvat's ppg went from 0.76 to 0.7.....not significant really, particularly when you consider that his goals per game went up. JT Miller had a drop off compared to the previous year but was still producing well above his career average. Petey being hurt, well injuries are part of hockey, his production was on par in the games he played.
- Bo has actually scored less this season than he did in the Bubble year.....but the team is winning since Bruce took over.
Listen, every coach has a shelf life. Greener was great in the bubble, but his lack of experience started to show last season and it just deteriorated 10 fold this season.
Green was not great in the Bubble. Markstrom was solid and then Demko was other-worldly. The proof that Travis was a shit coach was apparent as the Canucks were projecting to fall out of the playoff race when the season was cut short, it became more apparent the following year when the team regressed badly and he never once tried to do anything more than juggle lines and move plumbers up the lineup. If that wasn't enough then the roster that was atrocious under Green to start this year is the 5th best team in the league in terms of winning percentage since Green was axed and Boudreau took the reigns. That kind of turn around is not a shelf life thing, it's the difference between an inept coach and a quality one.
Got a good one for ya buddy, Mr. Mediocre Man Mëds. :D
Yeah, I'm not a player though.

But you are an idiot.....you must have been sorry to see Micky go, he was the only one below you in terms of intelligence around here.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:43 pm the roster that was atrocious under Green to start this year is the 5th best team in the league in terms of winning percentage since Green was axed and Boudreau took the reigns. That kind of turn around is not a shelf life thing, it's the difference between an inept coach and a quality one.
^This sums it up.

The first thing BooDrow did was correct the fundamental systems issues that were being exposed by pretty well everyone they played. Thats all you really need to know
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:43 pm But you are an idiot.....you must have been sorry to see Micky go, he was the only one below you in terms of intelligence around here.
I'm glad u think so highly of me cuz I really don't care. If u don't think much of me as a poster, I don't even know why u always comment on what I have to say. I never bother reading your garbage, thus I don't comment on your shit. Mick is a way better poster than u and in my opinion he contributed way more to this board than u ever will. He doesn't go around acting like a smarty pants telling ppl they're idiots or that they should never post here again. Seriously man, get a fuqin life.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:37 pm
Mëds wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 6:43 pm But you are an idiot.....you must have been sorry to see Micky go, he was the only one below you in terms of intelligence around here.
I'm glad u think so highly of me cuz I really don't care. If u don't think much of me as a poster, I don't even know why u always comment on what I have to say. I never bother reading your garbage, thus I don't comment on your shit. Mick is a way better poster than u and in my opinion he contributed way more to this board than u ever will. He doesn't go around acting like a smarty pants telling ppl they're idiots or that they should never post here again. Seriously man, get a fuqin life.
I can count on one hand the number of people I have called an idiot and told them not to waste time posting. Since moving here from the old site there are two. Mick was one of them.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Cage match anyone?

Everybody should continue to post.

Agree to disagree ffs.

No need to descend to levels of fractious discontent.
DeLevering since 1999.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

donlever wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:31 am Cage match anyone?
In honour of the day, a tomb match maybe!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Aaronp18 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:06 pm
donlever wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:31 am Cage match anyone?
In honour of the day, a tomb match maybe!
Thousands of years from now people will be studying the Shroud of Bersnoozi for clues
If you need air...call it in
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Buried with a donkey
He's my favorite honky
Born in Arizona
Got a condo made of stone-a
DeLevering since 1999.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Aaronp18 wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:06 pm In honour of the day, a tomb match maybe!
When I'm done with mister medsiocre man, he'll be wishing he could be with the great savior, deliverer, redeemer and risen one. :P

For Mick!!! :D :D :D
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 2:04 pm Thousands of years from now people will be studying the Shroud of Bersnoozi for clues
Nuck fans from all over will be making a pilgrimage here to read and study the words of the great prophet, Saint Snoozi! :D