GDT: Knights @ Nucks April 12 7pm SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Knights @ Nucks April 12 7pm SNP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So some memes and that’s it?

No opinion on anything.

Or is the TC brass a bunch of mouth breathers?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:29 pm So some memes and that’s it?

No opinion on anything.

He's obviously a good dman and I had hoped the canucks would've been in on that when Vegas got him but here we are. He has an underrated shot and the ability to get it on net through coverage.

I dont think he belongs in the hall though. Hes knocked on the door for a Norris but never won.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

No opinion on anything.

TC?
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

donlever wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:38 pm

No opinion on anything.

TC?
(team canada mouth breathers)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Ah.

I see.

Gracias.

Per lever might post...

Is would represent a singular entity whereas bunch is plural so the correct grammar would be "are the TC brass a bunch of mouth breathers."

Doc lever might post...

One shouldn't really nick people as mouth breathers should he elect to bastardize the Queens English like one whilst doing so.

donlever, of course, would say neither of those things to an old school mate like my boy Blob.
DeLevering since 1999.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:09 am Did you even watch this team under Travis Green? They aren't good enough defensively to play conservatively.
Yeah man. Greener has us play tight defensively and almost knocked off the Knights that year in the bubble. Knights have a history of getting lots of shots, but lack finish. I'll point out that the zebras gave us some weak calls in the 3rd period as well, so we were stuck on the PK. Hard to generate much offense/shots when your team is defending on the PK late in the game.
UWSaint wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:07 am But the Golden Knights have some serious down low coverage issues that meant the limited number of chances the Canucks managed were high quality chances.
Yeah man, we had some high danger chances to really put the game away:
- Myers hit the post
- JT set up in the slot, but missed
- Petey was set up in close for one
- Lammy cut across the net for a golden chance.

Which is why I was happy with the effort overall. Sure, Vegas got lots of shots, but how many were high dangers ones in comparison to ours? I didn't think we were totally hemmed in all game with Vegas getting golden chances one after another. We had our fair share of scoring opportunities and found a way to get the 2 pts, so I'm happy with the effort overall. :D
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:37 pm Chiasson isn’t the problem. Lack of organizational depth is. Similar to Hunt. The hate is hilarious though.
Yeah, Chaisser and Hunt do take some flack here on the board, but they have been solid contributors considering their salaries. I mean Hunt's 13 pts is only 3 pts behind Tyler Myers and Hunt has 2 more goals to boot. Hunt makes like 1/6 of the Big Tex.

Speaking of Chaisser, my only beef with the lines is that I think Coach Gabby should put Chaisser with Petey as they were developing some nice chemistry. Doesn't matter who he puts with them and doesn't matter what he puts together on the other lines, Chaisser & Petey should get more playing time together to see if they can continues those nice plays and good vibes.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:07 pm
Yeah, Chaisser and Hunt do take some flack here on the board, but they have been solid contributors considering their salaries. I mean Hunt's 13 pts is only 3 pts behind Tyler Myers and Hunt has 2 more goals to boot. Hunt makes like 1/6 of the Big Tex.

Speaking of Chaisser, my only beef with the lines is that I think Coach Gabby should put Chaisser with Petey as they were developing some nice chemistry. Doesn't matter who he puts with them and doesn't matter what he puts together on the other lines, Chaisser & Petey should get more playing time together to see if they can continues those nice plays and good vibes.

Chase and Hunt have been OK. And, no, they are not the problem. But they are not the solution either. In an ideal world, they would both be bench warmers, getting 20 games max, but we lack depth. Ironically, I think it is Chiasson's slow feet that help him play with Petey. Pete can take a quick peak to find him, and 5 seconds later, he' still in the same spot for a rebound or a blind pass. He is like my house keys - always in the last place you looked.

Regardless, we need to add a lot more depth, and that means having Chiasson and Hunt level talent on the farm team, and having a full 23 NHL caliber players on the roster (sorry to petan, burroughs, dowling and bailey). Every year, we end up with a few players on the IR, and then we have some pretty scary bottom 6 lineups.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mëds wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:09 am Did you even watch this team under Travis Green? They aren't good enough defensively to play conservatively.
Yeah man. Greener has us play tight defensively and almost knocked off the Knights that year in the bubble. Knights have a history of getting lots of shots, but lack finish. I'll point out that the zebras gave us some weak calls in the 3rd period as well, so we were stuck on the PK. Hard to generate much offense/shots when your team is defending on the PK late in the game.
a

The Knights only have that history this season. They've been a top 10 team in the league since their first year.

Green's tight defensive system gave up more goals than Boudreau's 200 foot, push the pace, shoot the puck, approach. Give your head a shake.

What were the shots on goal in that bubble playoffs against the Knights? That tight defense needed Demko to lay the foundations of a legend. Even the Knights had nothing but shock and awe level praise for Demko, and DeBoer said he had never seen anything like that from a goaltender in that many consecutive games, and that Demko (not the Canucks, not Green's tight defense) was still somewhat in their heads when they went into the conference finals.

Green's tight defense. LMFAO!

Seriously Bersnoozi, if you think that's what was being played you should probably consider never posting again. Ever.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Tciso wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:24 pm

Chase and Hunt have been OK. And, no, they are not the problem. But they are not the solution either. In an ideal world, they would both be bench warmers, getting 20 games max, but we lack depth. Ironically, I think it is Chiasson's slow feet that help him play with Petey. Pete can take a quick peak to find him, and 5 seconds later, he' still in the same spot for a rebound or a blind pass. He is like my house keys - always in the last place you looked.

Regardless, we need to add a lot more depth, and that means having Chiasson and Hunt level talent on the farm team, and having a full 23 NHL caliber players on the roster (sorry to petan, burroughs, dowling and bailey). Every year, we end up with a few players on the IR, and then we have some pretty scary bottom 6 lineups.
Which is not unlike as many as 20 teams in the league.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:25 pm The Knights only have that history this season. They've been a top 10 team in the league since their first year.

Green's tight defensive system gave up more goals than Boudreau's 200 foot, push the pace, shoot the puck, approach. Give your head a shake.

What were the shots on goal in that bubble playoffs against the Knights? That tight defense needed Demko to lay the foundations of a legend. Even the Knights had nothing but shock and awe level praise for Demko, and DeBoer said he had never seen anything like that from a goaltender in that many consecutive games, and that Demko (not the Canucks, not Green's tight defense) was still somewhat in their heads when they went into the conference finals.

Seriously Bersnoozi, if you think that's what was being played you should probably consider never posting again. Ever.
Mëds, Mr. Little Know it All, who actually knows shit.

https://sinbin.vegas/high-shot-count-ha ... n-knights/
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:11 am
Mëds wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:25 pm The Knights only have that history this season. They've been a top 10 team in the league since their first year.

Mëds, Mr. Little Know it All, who actually knows shit.

https://sinbin.vegas/high-shot-count-ha ... n-knights/
The Vegas Knights franchise W-L-OTL is 213-123-29. Who gives a shit if they actually pile up a ton of shots every game and still lose some.

They have a .623 record.

Nobody is saying that Vegas has a stalwart defense that is impossible to score on, or that they win every time they outshoot their opponent.....no team does. Hell, look how many games we've racked up the shots and come out on the short end of the scoreboard because we ran into a hot goalie or simply generated a ton of perimeter shots that weren't true threats to score.

I'm saying that Vegas was the better team last night that dominated the play for much of the game, just like they did in the Edmonton bubble.....the difference last night, as it was in 2019, was Demko.

Demko (and Markstrom before him) has covered the shitty defensive game in Vancouver for years. If you think the Canucks play a tight defensive game, if you think they ever had since Green became coach, you're fooling yourself.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:53 pm Another big game

Petey with 5 points
Only managed three. What a loser. He’s done. Ship him. :drink:
Last edited by Per on Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Just a thought.

When The Vegas bunch play on the road, wouldn’t it be nice to let them take the ice to Knights in White Satin? :look:
Really depressing song. Hopefully it sticks in their mind and takes the spark out of their game.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.