Nucks @ Knights April 6 7 pm snp

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Nucks @ Knights April 6 7 pm snp

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I'd hazard to guess you wont find many young, affluent ruskies heading back into that mess after seeing what the world thinks of home. Cant see it
If you need air...call it in
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Not sure what’s worse, the C3PO lids or the fact that the Kings went RoboCop to try and keep up!

Guys heading back to Russia in the off-season will be an interesting dilemma. Depending on what goes on we may not see them allowed back.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I don't think he could get a flight to Russia right now. All major airlines have suspended operations and banned Aeroflot. That is why we saw a scramble at the beginning of non Russians terminating their contracts and getting the hell out of there. Even ordinary Russians are finding it near impossible to get out. They can fly out to Belarus, Turkey and more country, I forget.

So if he is determined to go home he could fly to Turkey and get to Russia from there if he wants. But why would they want to go back right now? And Honestly, they are a threat to Putin and his propaganda machine. Stay here kid!
The only HW the Canucks need
UWSaint
MVP
MVP

Post by UWSaint »

donlever wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:15 am
BladesofSteel wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:13 am Pod seems to find a way to get involved on a more consistent basis.
.....yes BoS, well stated, the kid seems to be what reports said he was.

He also doesn't appear to have any pout in his DNA which is great to see.

Just puts his head down and gets too work regardless of what is being asked to do.

BladesofSteel wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:13 am The big question is, what are his plans this summer? Does he and his wife go back home, or stay in NA? Be nice to see some other mates/upper mgmt convince them to stay and provide a positive family environment to be included in. Strange times.
...great question!

Never really struck me tbh.

What does a young Russian kid do today when the NHL season is over?

Go home, pick up a Kalishnikov and head to the Ukraine?
If I wanted to stay in the NHL, I wouldn't go back to Russia this summer. Free movement is not a universal constant, and the question for Putin will always be "what's more beneficial to me/Russia" with respect to these athletes. The answer to that question changes with the times and it isn't the same for each athlete.
Hono_rary Canadian
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Remember that Pod lives with his longterm girlfriend in Vancouver. Home life is closer to a young Horvat than a tinder surfing Jake.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:19 pm Remember that Pod lives with his longterm girlfriend in Vancouver. Home life is closer to a young Horvat than a tinder surfing Jake.
...indeed...I believe they are actually married so that may lead more towards what you suggest as well.
DeLevering since 1999.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

UWSaint wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:31 am
Soapy wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:00 pm I would trade for Edmonson from MTL
and sign Charoit from FLA
They are men
Oh, this is what they call trolling.
?
if they come available ??
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill