GDT: Canucks host sabres - Mar 20, 7pm - SNP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks host sabres - Mar 20, 7pm - SNP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:56 pm Halak must be really pissed off now.
The way they are managing him now is stupid.

They didn't want to piss him off, or any other players, by sitting him to dodge his bonus money next year when he wouldn't waive earlier in the season. So now they don't play him on a back-to-back where Demko got the hook the night before.

This team is a complete enigma.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:37 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:29 pm Funny, it's the two veterans with the letters, who apparently hate each other, who's been leading the team offensively all season. The future top center and winger has been completely inconsistent and taken huge steps backwards.
I see Pettersson playing alot better but not getting free as often as his first 2 seasons. He's gonna be better player down the road from this
Agree to disagree.

I don't see him getting better.....he's not getting free as often because opponents key on him and he's just not an explosive enough skater to create that kind of space for himself. Good hands, and a lethal shot (when he gets it off), but that's about it.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 7:55 pm It would take huge balls to trade Pettersson for a YUUUUGE haul. Just sayin'.
I'd trade Pettersson before I'd trade Miller.....
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I think Demko has worn down and is starting to show fatigue. He let in 2 goals that blew right through him last night. That's unDemkolike
If you need air...call it in
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:51 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:37 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:29 pm Funny, it's the two veterans with the letters, who apparently hate each other, who's been leading the team offensively all season. The future top center and winger has been completely inconsistent and taken huge steps backwards.
I see Pettersson playing alot better but not getting free as often as his first 2 seasons. He's gonna be better player down the road from this
Agree to disagree.

I don't see him getting better.....he's not getting free as often because opponents key on him and he's just not an explosive enough skater to create that kind of space for himself. Good hands, and a lethal shot (when he gets it off), but that's about it.
As he gains strength and muscle mass he'll be able to maintain possession under pressure far better than now. As Blobert pointed out he needs to train instead of take instantgram selfies all summer

I think he got a little full of himself and this season should humble that bullshit away and allow.him to focus on getting stronger
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cornuck wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:54 pm Petey needs to spend the summer with the Sedins. Learn how to fain a bit of weight, and more importantly, learn how to protect the puck.
People seem to forget that the Sedins came into the league at 180+ lbs, that's a deal heavier than Pettersson did. The twins weren't twigs, and although they got pushed around for the first 3 years it wasn't because they were toothpicks, it was because they were kids playing in a league full of guys like Pronger, Blake, Stevens, and Foote (to name a few).

Name me a twig or midget in the NHL over the past decade who has been an impact player without having much better mobility than we've seen from Pettersson.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cherry Picker wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:56 pm If he wants 8.5m x 8, you just trade JT Miller, you just do.

He’ll never have another season like this one. Trade him at his peak value.
I agree with this. The sticking point is the term.

Miller may not want to stay here right now if he doesn't see a shot at contending in the next 3 years.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:28 am
Strangelove wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 9:35 pm Notice how loosey-goosey the Sabres are?

Everyone knows they can't make the playoffs = No pressure!

We'll be there any day now. :D
Exactly Doc
#benningbuilt
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:55 am I think Demko has worn down and is starting to show fatigue. He let in 2 goals that blew right through him last night. That's unDemkolike
Yeah, there have been a few goals over the past handful of games that have been un-Demko-like.