Tampa at Vancouver. Mar 13th, 7PM. SN, ESPN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Tampa at Vancouver. Mar 13th, 7PM. SN, ESPN

Post by Carl Yagro »

Crapola
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Fun game to watch, team still needs a little more from the bottom 6 on the offence in these type of games. D played well enough but sure would like to see more offence from the back end than just QH and OEL. Hamonic had a couple good games but I am talking consistent offence.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The team needs an asshole who runs guys early in games and drags them into battle. The slow starts are because they aren't invested in the churn
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

2Fingers wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:34 pm Fun game to watch, team still needs a little more from the bottom 6 on the offence in these type of games. D played well enough but sure would like to see more offence from the back end than just QH and OEL. Hamonic had a couple good games but I am talking consistent offence.
Where some tweaks to the roster will help this offseason, get some more talent on depth.
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:58 pm The team needs an asshole who runs guys early in games and drags them into battle. The slow starts are because they aren't invested in the churn
Shoulda picked up Paquette on waivers, he's a scumbag, but is always playing on edge and with Tampa for six years - he knew his role, hits a ton, don't know what happened the past while though with the sens/canes/habs in a year.

Lighting fan:
Paq was a scrappy 4th liner who didn’t take anything and wasn’t afraid to stand in front of the net - didn’t score a ton but loved his physical style
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:58 pm The team needs an asshole who runs guys early in games and drags them into battle. The slow starts are because they aren't invested in the churn
Didn't we have an angry elf for that at the start of the season?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BenningBuilt Canucks can hang and often win against the best in the league.

Vancouver ran into Bubble Demko in the opposing net.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:46 am BenningBuilt Canucks can hang and often win against the best in the league.

So you think this team as it is built now can win the SC?

Who cares about wining a few games, it is all about the cup and going on a playoff run.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:27 am
Topper wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 9:46 am BenningBuilt Canucks can hang and often win against the best in the league.

Who cares about wining a few games, it is all about the cup and going on a playoff run.
No, and don't construct a strawman around my statement, but they are far closer than some would believe. I wouldn't put them in the upper echelon of the league, but with recent wins over teams at the top of the league, they are a solid second tier. They certainly are capable of winning on any night but that is not the same as winning four best of seven series.

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:04 am

No, and don't construct a strawman around my statement, but they are far closer than some would believe. I wouldn't put them in the upper echelon of the league, but with recent wins over teams at the top of the league, they are a solid second tier. They certainly are capable of winning on any night but that is not the same as winning four best of seven series.
I am not building a strawman, I wanted to know your opinion on this team.

I also think they are close but there needs to be 3 - 4 personal changes that brings in a better PK and some team toughness. I do not see this team with the current lineup being able to hand 4 rounds of playoffs when the refs put away their whistles.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Topper wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:04 am they are far closer than some would believe. I wouldn't put them in the upper echelon of the league, but with recent wins over teams at the top of the league, they are a solid second tier. They certainly are capable of winning on any night but that is not the same as winning four best of seven series.

(some really only means Blob the #BenningBuilt denier....and maybe Mëds when he's feeling extra saucy)
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’ve already said they are a middle ten team. That’s a far cry from a contender. They are competitive.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Sounds like I missed a solid game yesterday, busy couple weekends wrapping up kids hockey!

Like to see that we can compete with the contenders, I think they're great assessment games for management as well to focus on a plan moving forward.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:04 pm Sounds like I missed a solid game yesterday, busy couple weekends wrapping up kids hockey!

Like to see that we can compete with the contenders, I think they're great assessment games for management as well to focus on a plan moving forward.
get a vcr

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Aaron, looking for a vcr?

I got one from Skyo's mobile shopping cart. Give you a sweet deal with a slight markup.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:34 am
Topper wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 11:04 am

I am not building a strawman
100 hundred percent you were, just own it ffs, be proud, never apologize.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau