Canucks vs grounded jets, 5 PST, Jonah era beginning tonight?

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks vs grounded jets, 5 PST, Jonah era beginning tonight?

Post by Mickey107 »

post game Edler..3;20 min.
Alex Edler on whether he'll play all 5 remaining games: I'll be ready to play all five, but that's not a question for me.
--Alex Edler says his camp has yet to have contract talks with the Canucks
--"We have a lot of young guys in the lineup trying to show themselves & prove they can play in the league. They're going to play as hard as they can, it's up to the older guys to get ready for every game too." -Edler on staying motivated for the final Canucks games of the season
post game--Pearson..1;80 min.
Tanner Pearson: We just can't stop playing hockey or else we're going to hang our goalies out to dry which we pretty much did tonight.
--"You still have to come in with a positive attitude, you still have to play the game." -Pearson's thoughts on tonight and the remaining Canucks schedule
post game Green..4:44 min.
Travis Green: We weren't good in any areas of the game. When you're not good in any areas, you're going to give up a lot of chances.
--Travis Green: When you're playing teams like this, their intensity level is high. It becomes official last night. Were we tired? Maybe, but your intensity level needs to be high.
--Travis Green: We looked like we were a day late and a dollar short everywhere.
"evolution"
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

mr perfect wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:18 pm
Mëds wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:50 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:17 pm
Strangelove wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:11 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:08 pm which team will sign Green?
Sabres?
Flames?
Toronto after they get swept in the first round of the playoffs again?
I hear the Greenville Swamp Rabbits are looking for a coach...
I say... the Greenville Swamp Rabbits!... Get it?? :lol:

They're a real team.

:look:

Tough crowd...
They play a tough season schedule tho against Kincolith, New Aiyansh, Kit’wanga, and Stewart.
Where on that schedule is Lakelse, New Remo, Old Remo and Thornhill?
New Remo and Old Remo folded up due to the fans losing interest and the hockey players getting to old and arthritic to skate. The younger folks that moved into those areas are mostly alcoholics and pot heads with little interest in anything that doesn't involve a quad or a gun.

Lakelse used to host their home games on the lake.....global warming means they don't have a reliable arena anymore. They tried a season or two playing everything on the road but the cost of gas was too much and they were dipping into intermission and post-game beer money just getting to the games. One time, before I moved here, legend has it they actually had to hitchhike back from Kit'wanga when they ran out of gas on the way home from a playoff game in Stewart.....they hadn't factored in that cases of beer are $5 more in Stewart, but bought them anyway after the game.

Thornhill merged with Terrace and upgraded to play in the CiHL with the River Kings.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

When you watch Travis and Co. walking across the ice after that humiliating loss it sure looked like he was out of answers and broken.

I wonder...the way the team mailed that one in, maybe this group has had enough after he purposefully left Hoglander on the bench last game. You might be surprised how that would be perceived by the group after the kid basically drove all the offense in the win.

Maybe they want his ass outta there just as bad as us
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:55 am When you watch Travis and Co. walking across the ice after that humiliating loss it sure looked like he was out of answers and broken.

I wonder...the way the team mailed that one in, maybe this group has had enough after he purposefully left Hoglander on the bench last game. You might be surprised how that would be perceived by the group after the kid basically drove all the offense in the win.

Maybe they want his ass outta there just as bad as us
It's a good take and probably true with the regulars. The inserts and temp scrubs are auditioning themselves, :( , so they're happy, happy.

I bet all the core players are sick of Trav's obstinate, "do what I say and I'll throw yah a bone", ways. He's a remarkably young coach to be right about everything. :lol:
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The way the jets were all over our points while Vancouvers wingers were constantly dangled by an inferior jets defense was telling and i think indicative of sub-standard systems/winger deployment by the canucks coaching staff.

Please end the TG era Jimmy
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Green should be playing the hell out of Rathbone, Juolevi, Lind, Graovac, Gawd 2.0. No excuses, get them all in for the last 5 games. Rotate out the vets to accommodate that. I would also like to see Bowie get a game or two to see what we have in him. Any vet nursing an injury, sit em down. We have a five game audition coming up and perhaps the only thing that may keep fan interest.

Benning has to be able to go into the off season with an assessment of who he wants to keep in the organization and a plan to move on from the rest.

Green toots his own horn about being good with developing the kids, well, prove it over the next five games.
The only HW the Canucks need