GDT: Apt 28. Vs Sens. Do or Die kinda game. 3:30 Saskie time.

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Apt 28. Vs Sens. Do or Die kinda game. 3:30 Saskie time.

Post by Mickey107 »

VAN -1-3 -EVEN: -Tyler Myers (5) Wrist Shot,- assists: Olli Juolevi (1),- Nils Hoglander (11)- 05:43- 2nd --- https://streamable.com/w4gde5

VAN- 2-4 -EVEN: -Jake Virtanen (5) Wrist Shot,- assists: Tyler Motte (3) -07:23- 2nd --- https://streamable.com/9pair9

VAN- 3-6 -EVEN:- Brandon Sutter (9) Wrist Shot,- assists: Tyler Myers (13),- Quinn Hughes (30)- 17:43- 3rd --- https://streamable.com/p0mh1k

Team- Shots- Hits- Power Play- Face offs
VAN---- 22---- 23----- 0/2-------- 48.0%
OTT---- 33---- 21----- 0/3-------- 52.0%

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

MacEwen and Tkachuk have a short fight --- https://streamable.com/y8jhox ..Reverse angle --https://streamable.com/h3mn0b

Shane Pinto boards Matthew Highmore --- https://streamable.com/w5zrsm

The Green tantrum at the bench --- https://streamable.com/axc6va

Post game; Myers--Edler..Demko..Green ..21:40 min. mark, Travis says hopefully.. :eh:
Tyler Myers on whether COVID is having an impact: No I don’t think that’s the reason we played the way we did tonight. It’s about making better decisions with the puck.
--Tyler Myers on Mete’s goal: It’s a dman for one, I think you have to look at where the breakdown was. You can’t have d-men beating you up the ice.
Alex Edler on missing Pettersson: I think any team would miss an elite player like that, but he’s not ready yet, so it is what it is.
Travis Green: We showed a little mental weakness in the second period. The first three goals we handed to them. We might have been tired, but you can still win when you’re tired.
--Travis Green on rotating his lineup: We know all the players that are here. The players that we have are the options that we have.
Some of (the mental mistakes) were our veteran guys. Some of them were young guys. That could have been mental fatigue, but you’ve gotta have mental strength.
-- Travis Green on his outburst in the 2nd period: You guys don’t see me behind closed doors some nights. I was angry then because it’s a big game, and we all want to win badly.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s laughable that both of those “fights” garnered major penalties. The refs need to start embarrassing these guys and give them each two minutes for holding or delay of game.

I haven’t seen a good Canucks fight in years.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Fights are meaningless and a waste of time these days , it’s not old school anymore, it’s new school, the league needs to ban them permanently, they achieve nothing

Greener needs to go

The Boys will bounce back, probably starting to feel the effects of Covid

Can’t for our redwood first to arrive - Podkolzin and Tryamkin.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:31 pm Hockey Fights are meaningless and a waste of time these days , it’s not old school anymore, it’s new school, the league needs to ban them permanently, they achieve nothing

Greener needs to go

I realize it’s not the 80s anymore but why even drop the gloves if you aren’t intending to punch the other guy in the snout? What’s the point of wrestling and humping another fella’s leg?

Ban fights? Sure why not take hitting out too? May as well the games are boring as shit these days.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

It sucks because guys don't know how to fight. They're not allowed all the way up to the bigs.

Use to be guys throwing to knock the other guy out or bleed them. Now guys are grabbing and hugging with their heads in each other's chest so they don't get knocked out.

All they want to do is survive, so it's just a judo match going for the takedown and scrambling to end up on top so they can raise their arms like they actually won something.

Complete waste of time.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:27 pm It’s laughable that both of those “fights” garnered major penalties. The refs need to start embarrassing these guys and give them each two minutes for holding or delay of game.

I thought Hambone looked like he wanted to allemande left when Paul do-si-do'd. You need a partner that knows how to rhumba.
el rey del mambo
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:29 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:27 pm It’s laughable that both of those “fights” garnered major penalties. The refs need to start embarrassing these guys and give them each two minutes for holding or delay of game.

I thought Hambone looked like he wanted to allemande left when Paul do-si-do'd. You need a partner that knows how to rhumba.
It ain’t Curt Fraser or Ronnie Delorme Megs... Harold Snepsts could chuck em pretty good as could the Wolfman. I think we need a thread on all time pugilists for Vancouver. Gino, Donald Brashear, Craig Coxe, Rick Rypien.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Vin Tanner wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:13 pm
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:29 pm

It ain’t Curt Fraser or Ronnie Delorme Megs... Harold Snepsts could chuck em pretty good as could the Wolfman. I think we need a thread on all time pugilists for Vancouver. Gino, Donald Brashear, Craig Coxe, Rick Rypien.
He was only here for a year but Randy Holt was one of the toughest pound for pound we ever had. That season we Had Jack McIlhargey, Harold Snepsts, Curt Fraser, Brad Gassoff and Holt on the team all at the same time. Was Harry Neale's first season behind the bench and the last year before the WHA expansion. Played the Oilers WHA squad in an exhibition game prior to the season and Holt and McIlhargey both beat Dave Semenko. Gassoff wanted some too but big Dave had had enough.

Holt also trounced noted leftist intellectual, political commentator and Front Page Challenge alum Alan Fotheringham in a debate on the merits of fighting in hockey in a legendary encounter on BCTV. It was Randy Holt's most impressive win imvho :)
el rey del mambo
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Speaking of Holt and McIlhagey on a different occasion...

"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Chef Boi RD wrote:

I don’t think there will much bouncing back from here on out.

Miller looks like early season Covid Miller, messing up all over the ice because he’s either sick or exhausted. If he doesn’t get enough recovery his game breaks down. He has been good and leading the Canucks for the second half of the season, but there is no chance for him to rest or recover, so I think it’s all downhill from here until the end of this miserable schedule. They’ll be lucky to get any more wins this season.

My plan is to ignore the score and all the mistakes that are certain to occur, and focus on positives, like Demko’s amazing saves in the third. There is no reason for any player to look good with this schedule, so let’s see who stands out in a positive way in these final weeks of the season. One of these pathetic bottom sixers might surprise and win a job.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:31 pm The Boys will bounce back, probably starting to feel the effects of Covid
Starting to feel?

Lol. They've been feeling them since the first game back against the Leaves. It's a miracle they were able to dig as deep as they have and actually go .500 through these first 6 games.

When the gas tank is empty the glaring lack of talent is even more apparent.