GDT: Canucks @ Senators>Apr 26, 2021>4pm>SNETP

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks @ Senators>Apr 26, 2021>4pm>SNETP

Post by Carl Yagro »

If this team can't come out with some urgency to get some points to chase for a spot...

I better not see another shift like that :evil:

We have some not very mobile D. We have some very slow, lazy, soft or not defensively aware forwards... and we have Green's rope-a-dope D, then long-bomb breakout system.

Absolutely one of the worse teams in the league without the puck, if not the worst.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The team just had covid... had 3 weeks off. Played really well have won 3/4 games and they look tired and we turn on them like rabid fucking dogs :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:38 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:28 pm
Micky wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:23 pm Looks like it's falling apart a bit now. Are we extending this coach and his assistants? Why?
I'm extending my best wishes to this coach and his minions
You know the rumour is that they are extending him, right? (Allegedly)
If they do then I will lose interest in the team. Yes I know he does not have the best bottom 6 but his game plan is lacking.

Also the team that has been what it has and you keep the same players and coach? So I guess there is a magic button that all of sudden makes this group of players a contender.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:56 pm So I guess there is a magic button that all of sudden makes this group of players a contender.
This team will become a contender when the young core reaches it's prime and the placeholders are replaced with younger cheaper players.

Try to focus on 3 years from now. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

2Fingers wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:56 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:38 pm
CrzyCanuck wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:28 pm
Micky wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:23 pm Looks like it's falling apart a bit now. Are we extending this coach and his assistants? Why?
I'm extending my best wishes to this coach and his minions
You know the rumour is that they are extending him, right? (Allegedly)
If they do then I will lose interest in the team. Yes I know he does not have the best bottom 6 but his game plan is lacking.
... so will you keep posting, or will that lose interest as well?

Not chirping, just curious.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:03 pm
2Fingers wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:56 pm So I guess there is a magic button that all of sudden makes this group of players a contender.
This team will become a contender when the young core reaches it's prime and the placeholders are replaced with younger cheaper players.

Who was it again who was feverishly trying to hold you to your prognosis right down to the exact year of contention? Was it ronnings ghost?
If you need air...call it in
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Yeah the travel really seems to have sucked the covid depleted energy out of the Canucks tonight.
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The PA announcer yells: "Make some noise!!"

And the fake audience makes some noise.

What a fucking world.

Do you really need to ASK a fake audience to make noise?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:05 pm

Who was it again who was feverishly trying to hold you to your prognosis right down to the exact year of contention? Was it ronnings ghost?
Yes.

But that was my prediction on making the playoffs.

Now I'm making predictions on being a contender. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I’ve never seen a team that consistently makes poorer passes or pursues the puck with less enthusiasm. Always waiting for the puck instead of going to get it before pressure arrives.

They are so often on different pages that it’s like they are coached by 3 different people.....but yeah.....Green has done a good job.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

So with Vesey getting bumped down for Motte, thing we see Lind next game in for Vesey? (Please?)
Last edited by Madcombinepilot on Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:55 pm The team just had covid... had 3 weeks off. Played really well have won 3/4 games and they look tired and we turn on them like rabid fucking dogs :crazy:
It’s the mental errors. And frankly it’s not all that different from before Covid hit. The lack of legs is understandable. But when the mental errors are the same as before.....that ain’t COVID. It’s either shitty players or shitty coaches.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:05 pm

Or me, or VinHargracat, or, or, or.....

When Benning took over it was “focus on 5 years from now”.....that was 7 years ago. Now it’s focus on 3 years from now. Lol.

Say what you will, Doc is a diehard member of the faithful.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:16 pm
rats19 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:55 pm The team just had covid... had 3 weeks off. Played really well have won 3/4 games and they look tired and we turn on them like rabid fucking dogs :crazy:
It’s the mental errors. And frankly it’s not all that different from before Covid hit. The lack of legs is understandable. But when the mental errors are the same as before.....that ain’t COVID. It’s either shitty players or shitty coaches.
Frankly it’s a lack of talent. Seven years in.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Mëds wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:14 pm I’ve never seen a team that consistently makes poorer passes or pursues the puck with less enthusiasm. Always waiting for the puck instead of going to get it before pressure arrives.

They are so often on different pages that it’s like they are coached by 3 different people.....but yeah.....Green has done a good job.

I think in the top 6 we are prolly on par with fucked up plays... but our bottom 6 is putrid.