GDT: Grubby Toads @ Canucks Marc 10, 8 pm RSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Grubby Toads @ Canucks Marc 10, 8 pm RSN

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:40 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:31 am
Megaterio Llamas wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:35 pm What's Greener's deal with playing this Hawrlyuk every game I wonder...
Lunchbucket
JH is a half decent energy 4th liner.
Probably a couple of options down on the farm better. He has no clue what he was doing last night. Smiles too damn much too.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:18 am That is basically a lunchbucket group Chef.

The difference is their group goes out armed with the 3 man forecheck game plan and our team goes out without a plan to counter it. They just fumble and fuck around while the lunchbucket habs execute their plan.

Green should be punted like tiny troy
Don’t kid yourself, man for man they are a more skilled 12 man group

Remove Miller Boeser Horvat and Hoglander our skill set and speed is pretty awful
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Well that sucked the big one, guess the Canucks do need Petey after all.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:44 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:18 am That is basically a lunchbucket group Chef.

The difference is their group goes out armed with the 3 man forecheck game plan and our team goes out without a plan to counter it. They just fumble and fuck around while the lunchbucket habs execute their plan.

Remove Miller Boeser Horvat and Hoglander our skill set and speed is pretty awful
Tanner Pearson - Bo Horvat - Jake Virtanen
Nils Hoglander - JT Miller - Brock - Boeser
Marc Michealis - Brandon Sutter - Adam Gaudette
Antoine Roussel - Jay Beagle -Jayce Hawryluk

We don't need many upgrades. Just the ones who are bolded. :D
But, having Motte and Petey back helps a ton. Hawryluk and Michealis are good replacement players, but they are being exposed as regular players, especially when their line mates are so shitty. If Sutter, Roussel and Beagle were replaced with legit NHL'ers. having a couple of scrubs fill in would be fine.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Tciso wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:04 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:44 am

Tanner Pearson - Bo Horvat - Jake Virtanen
Nils Hoglander - JT Miller - Brock - Boeser
Marc Michealis - Brandon Sutter - Adam Gaudette
Antoine Roussel - Jay Beagle -Jayce Hawryluk

We don't need many upgrades. Just the ones who are bolded. :D
But, having Motte and Petey back helps a ton. Hawryluk and Michealis are good replacement players, but they are being exposed as regular players, especially when their line mates are so shitty. If Sutter, Roussel and Beagle were replaced with legit NHL'ers. having a couple of scrubs fill in would be fine.
The untouchable Core 5 forwards:
Petey, Miller, Boeser, Horvat, Hoglander

Core but not untouchable:
Motte

The 3 you keep but not core:
Gaudette - centre, young, cheap, hard working, competitive, decent skill but needs to get stronger
Virtanen - fast, big, cheap, decent age. But dumb as fuck
MacEwan - decent 13th forward

The I don’t mind group:
Michaelis
Hawryluk
Bailey

The absolute must go group:

Sutter - Mr Mononucleosis, butter soft, no edge
Pearson - way to slow and prodding and lifeless
Roussel - looks like he’s working hard but works hard at getting nothing accomplished, dumb, stone hands
Beagle - ultimate stone hands, can barely make a pass and can’t hit the net to save his life
Eriksson - just fuck off

Next season should be and interchangeable top 9. Fuck a first and 2nd line, it’s not like that anymore. Green is out to lunch. Every other team literally rolls a top 9 with an energy line

Hoglander Petey ?????
????? Miller Boeser
????? Horvat Podkolzin
Motte Gaudette Virtanen

You have to get rid of Sutter, Pearson, Beagle and Roussel. If UFA’s Sutter and Pearson are back next season I will be calling for Bennings resignation. And I’m sorry but Benn can’t think fast, he’s just too Jay Beagle for my liking. You can’t have both Hamonic and Benn in your top 6, just a big no no there.

The team is not improving if all 4 of those useless vets are back. In my opinion we basically need 3 quality top 9 wingers. MacEwan, Michaelis and Hawryluk look like bubble players as they don’t fit the Bill of top 9. I don’t mind the 4th line of Gaudette, Motte and Virtanen as that’s a fast energy line. Maybe one or two of Lockwood, Gadjovich and Lind can step up next season as I understand all 3 are playing well in Utica or we have to mine the trade market to create a solid top 9. IMO we are missing 3 quality top 9 forwards. I anticipate Podkolzin sliding into the top 3 quite easily as he’s been playing against men for 2 seasons now

Benning and Green really truly need to understand the concept that you need to be a fast and skilled group in today’s game combined with some kind of representation of grit, compete, cockiness, sand paper etc.
?????
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:42 am

Roussel - looks like he’s working hard but works hard at getting nothing accomplished, dumb, stone hands
Beagle - ultimate stone hands, can barely make a pass and can’t hit the net to save his life
Eriksson - just fuck off

I agree and am praying that Benning isn't lured back into resigning the twin turtles (TP & BS)

Unfortunately for canuckland the Beag and Rooster will likely be around but I doubt loser eriksson is with the team
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:52 am

Eriksson - just fuck off

I agree and am praying that Benning isn't lured back into resigning the twin turtles (TP & BS)

Unfortunately for canuckland the Beag and Rooster will likely be around but I doubt loser eriksson is with the team
And that is why you let Sutter and Pearson walk because Beagle and Roussel are here for two more seasons. If Sutter and Pearson are back then those 4 will still be here making us even worse. Zero improvement if all four are back. It’s not rocket science, but knowing Benning and Green they will keep those 4 and move out the wrong individuals instead
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:58 am

Eriksson - just fuck off

And that is why you let Sutter and Pearson walk because Beagle and Roussel are here for two more seasons. If Sutter and Pearson are back then those 4 will still be here making us even worse. Zero improvement if all four are back. It’s not rocket science, but knowing Benning and Green they will keep those 4 and move out the wrong individuals instead
only 1 more year of beagle and rooster i think
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:03 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:58 am

Eriksson - just fuck off

only 1 more year of beagle and rooster i think
Yes I know, which is why I will stop being a fan if UFA’s Sutter and Pearson are back. I can’t take another year with all 4 of them
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I can see him bringing Pearson back but I sure as fuck hope he doesn't with Sutter.

Doc figures Jimmy has left a trail of breadcrumbs leading to Sutter's walking papers so lets not get too bent up yet but I would prepare myself for the return of Tanner
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:19 am I can see him bringing Pearson back but I sure as fuck hope he doesn't with Sutter.

Doc figures Jimmy has left a trail of breadcrumbs leading to Sutter's walking papers so lets not get too bent up yet but I would prepare myself for the return of Tanner
Pearson has 1 fucking point in his last 19 games. :lol: What do people see in this guy that I’m not, ffs. He’s slow and prodding, I’m done with him
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:51 am
The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:19 am I can see him bringing Pearson back but I sure as fuck hope he doesn't with Sutter.

Pearson has 1 fucking point in his last 19 games. :lol: What do people see in this guy that I’m not, ffs. He’s slow and prodding, I’m done with him
Hey I'm with you on flushing him out but JB loves paying veterans for past glory.

Just prepare yourself
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Eriksson - just fuck off

I think Pearson will make it hard not to resign him. I think he'll do 3 for 2.5. I could live with that. I've been watching him and his skating is OK.
Not working well with Horvat this year at all. Be good on the third line quite likely. The biggest problem with him is he doesn't get mad. Ever.

Sutter is wearing an A and his team-mates like him but he really does have to go. What he did in Pittsburg was way over rated by everyone.
He filled in when the stars were down with injury and got himself a grand ole reputation. I think Jimmy asks him to waive at the the TD.
His contract sais MNTC now so why not try.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Micky wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:00 am

Eriksson - just fuck off

The biggest problem with him is he doesn't get mad. Ever.

All 3 of Horvat, Sutter and Pearson are too gentle for my liking. Bo needs to definitely raise his edge a little, leaves a lot to be desired
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Hey Chef - I think we need you to start the next GDT - If Doyle can do a 3 game streak.... ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."