GDT: Filthy Frogs at Canucks Mar 8, 7pm RSN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Filthy Frogs at Canucks Mar 8, 7pm RSN

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

So when is that skinny Swedish kid coming back?

Hughes is starting to irk me a bit. You have a muffin for a shot, you should be the last guy that shoots on a PP. Yet he is constantly shooting. And get the fuck off the ice in OT. If I was Myers I woulda potatoe punched him on his flat Topper like head. Selfish and entitled.

There is a cunt hair of hope. I think all of us would rather playoffs than another high pick.

I’m with Topper, change it up. Hargraves coughed up a point last night. Also I still have a perfect record. Might need Hargraves in a pinch hit situation or out of the bully.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:29 am I’m with Topper, change it up. Hargraves coughed up a point last night. Also I still have a perfect record. Might need Hargraves in a pinch hit situation or out of the bully.
A win is a win - you're not getting out of it that easy. #blobpower
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

No fuckin way do you fall back Doyle.

Help us doobie one...you're our only hope
If you need air...call it in
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:29 am So when is that skinny Swedish kid coming back?

Hughes is starting to irk me a bit. You have a muffin for a shot, you should be the last guy that shoots on a PP. Yet he is constantly shooting. And get the fuck off the ice in OT. If I was Myers I woulda potatoe punched him on his flat Topper like head. Selfish and entitled.

There is a cunt hair of hope. I think all of us would rather playoffs than another high pick.

I’m with Topper, change it up. Hargraves coughed up a point last night. Also I still have a perfect record. Might need Hargraves in a pinch hit situation or out of the bully.
Hughes has a high hockey IQ. His challenge is in learning to play the big man's game. Experience. I think he will be fine, he is getting the points. The work in his own end needs, well, work. But I think he has the IQ to learning clean up his work defensively. I hope.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:29 am
I am with you on this, QH is starting to look very entitled and trying to do to much. Need to pull him back a bit and get him to realize there is no I in Team :D

And what was Green doing with Sutter in OT, I laughed when I saw him out there but no Hog? What does Green see when he watches this team?

#istillhategreeneventhoughtheywon
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

2Fingers wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:47 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:29 am
I am with you on this, QH is starting to look very entitled and trying to do to much. Need to pull him back a bit and get him to realize there is no I in Team :D

And what was Green doing with Sutter in OT, I laughed when I saw him out there but no Hog? What does Green see when he watches this team?

#istillhategreeneventhoughtheywon
He skated past the bench three times looking directly at it in OT. That was one of the stranger things I've seen all year. Yes, Myers would be seething.
What about Schmidt? Red in the face furious I bet. Fortunately both teams sucked in OT. What a mess.
Why doesn't someone work with Hughes on his shot? They almost all fly high. The team throws the puck around and around on the PP for 50 seconds and it ends up with Hughes taking a shot that rises.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Put away the pitchforks pointed at Hughes. He's in his 2nd season, he is an amazing talent. The issues are the team has relied on him for much of their breakout plays and he, and his use, has become predictable. No very different than a PP that concentrates on setting up Pettersson shot from the circle.

Get stale, dry up.

Variety and hard work have a way to fix things.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Topper wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:46 am Put away the pitchforks pointed at Hughes. He's in his 2nd season, he is an amazing talent. The issues are the team has relied on him for much of their breakout plays and he, and his use, has become predictable. No very different than a PP that concentrates on setting up Pettersson shot from the circle.

Get stale, dry up.

Variety and hard work have a way to fix things.
And since when has coaches present or in the past ever shown any ability to manage stars? No one is getting pitchforks but QH does need some coaching/mentoring or what ever you call it to know to get off the ice.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Hughes is in his 2nd year and is almost leading all NHL dmen in points while playing on a team that has been fuckered right up til recently.

I'd say we can chill out on hacking him apart and just enjoy having our first top level dman in the franchises 50 years of futility
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:28 pm Hughes is in his 2nd year and is almost leading all NHL dmen in points while playing on a team that has been fuckered right up til recently.

I'd say we can chill out on hacking him apart and just enjoy having our first top level dman in the franchises 50 years of futility
I don't think any one's really disparaging QH, just people are noticing him getting frustrated lately. He expects the world out of himself. It's almost always harder the second year for a star player. Also; This is so much different then last year when we played all the other teams. Quinn gives 110 percent every game. Skating miles.
Expected a little more help from Nate Schmidt. Still getting use to a new system I guess. Yah; that's gotta be it.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:28 pm Hughes is in his 2nd year and is almost leading all NHL dmen in points while playing on a team that has been fuckered right up til recently.

Didn’t see anyone hacking him apart. That three minute shift in OT was bullshit and deserved to be called out. And him using his 70 mph cap gun from the point on the PP should be a last resort, not the first option. It’s called constructive criticism.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:52 pm

Didn’t see anyone hacking him apart. That three minute shift in OT was bullshit and deserved to be called out. And him using his 70 mph cap gun from the point on the PP should be a last resort, not the first option. It’s called constructive criticism.
I think Doyle hates Quinn because hes small
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Absolutely, I’m also apparently bald, 5 ft8, 280, I never watch any games at all and I push a broom for a living. Apparently I also wear sleeveless jerseys and play Leslie League Lob Ball too. :)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:15 pm Absolutely, I’m also apparently bald, 5 ft8, 280, I never watch any games at all and I push a broom for a living. Apparently I also wear sleeveless jerseys and play Leslie League Lob Ball too. :)
You have sleeves on your t-shirts so you can roll up your pack of colts while swinging at those low lobs
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:20 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:15 pm Absolutely, I’m also apparently bald, 5 ft8, 280, I never watch any games at all and I push a broom for a living. Apparently I also wear sleeveless jerseys and play Leslie League Lob Ball too. :)
You have sleeves on your t-shirts so you can roll up your pack of colts while swinging at those low lobs
Nahhh sleeveless to show of the barb wire tattoos